New exhaust tips blacking fast, problem or not?

Info about the best cleaning products and detailing.
stevencrawford08
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Stock 2015 R, heated leather sat nav 19" alloys parking sensors r sills etc

Post by stevencrawford08 »

Hi folks, My car has only covered 500 miles yet the exhaust tips seem to be blacking quite excessively. I am not sure if this is normal and if it is I would be lost as to what cleaning products to use! I also am running the car on 99ron v power nitro if that makes any difference. Advice required!
easyrider
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

typical of the tsi and tfsi engines, exhaust sooting. get some autosol metal polish and give them a wipe now and then, should keep them mint; mine were solid black when i got the car, took a few goes to get through it to chrome.
Last edited by easyrider on Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance
stevencrawford08
Options: Stock 2015 R, heated leather sat nav 19" alloys parking sensors r sills etc

Re: New exhaust tips blacking fast, problem or not?

Top stuff mate, I'll give that a look and hopefully get some stuff ordered. Trying to keep it looking perfect! Also that is a lovely example of a Scirocco, Noticed you have the badges blacked out. Did you use gloss black spray/plasti dip and what one?
easyrider
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

stevencrawford08 wrote:Top stuff mate, I'll give that a look and hopefully get some stuff ordered. Trying to keep it looking perfect! Also that is a lovely example of a Scirocco, Noticed you have the badges blacked out. Did you use gloss black spray/plasti dip and what one?
cheers! i bought them from ebay for about £20, they're available in gloss or matt black.
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance
Jace
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: APR stage 2+, APR TBE, APR carbonio carbon intake pipe, VWR Intake, Forge inter cooler pipework, R8 coils packs, Sachs Loba stg2 clutch

Post by Jace »

I use one of these on a cordless drill to sort mine out

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/elite-all ... Path=25_30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AlanH
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Nav

Post by AlanH »

Just metal polish of your choice. (I use Autofinesse Mercury)
And some 0/0 grade wire wool and a little elbow grease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine: Scirocco 1.4TSi
Others: Fabia MC BE, Citigo BE
Mods: OE sunshades, LED interior/exterior lights, Dectane rear clusters, K&N panel filter, Milltek catbak NR, 35mm H&R springs, 98RON REVO Stage 1, HP Dashcam
stevencrawford08

After this thread and another on pistonheads, I got WD40 and sprayed the exhaust down then gave it a scrub with a brillo-sponge style pad, Then I got autosol metal polish and a microfibre cloth and made a light application with the cloth. They are now very shiny and clean! I reckon the wire wool would be good for heaver soiled exhausts but as long as you keep on top of it I'd say this method has worked a treat for me. Thanks.
aaimson
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: none

Post by aaimson »

I need to do that to mine, few black marks I just can't get out!