Help with VCDS

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
cwac
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Help with VCDS

Post by cwac »

Can anyone help.
Im pretty new to all this tech chat, looking to add a bluetooth module to my RCD510 unit. Seen a few posts talking about coding VCDS once the module is in place.
What equipment do i need for this?
easy to do my self or something i would need to take to the garage for?
Cheers
Shaun1982
With a: DSG box

Re: Help with VCDS

Post by Shaun1982 »

You need a laptop with vcds on & the cable to go with it.
cwac

Post by cwac »

How much to do the vcds cost?
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

cwac wrote:How much to do the vcds cost?
For an official supported version £270

http://m.gendan.co.uk/product_VCHU.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
M7R
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Salsa Red
Options: Winter pack, DAB, Dynaudio - Retrofitted OE Bluetooth, and Cruise Control, plus some VCDS tweaks with more to come.

Post by M7R »

depending where you are some one local maybe able to help, if your around the East mids I am on the Nottingham / Derby boarder and happy to activate the bluetooth for you,
Full Hex+Can VCDS if required - Nottingham / Derby area
cwac

Post by cwac »

M7R wrote:depending where you are some one local maybe able to help, if your around the East mids I am on the Nottingham / Derby boarder and happy to activate the bluetooth for you,
i live in Scotland, thanks for the offer though
M7R
Options: Winter pack, DAB, Dynaudio - Retrofitted OE Bluetooth, and Cruise Control, plus some VCDS tweaks with more to come.

Post by M7R »

ahhh fair doos, we arent up that way for a while yet sorry (Wife has family up in Aberdeen)
cwac

Post by cwac »

M7R wrote:ahhh fair doos, we arent up that way for a while yet sorry (Wife has family up in Aberdeen)
If you know if anyone up in Scotland or any place that does it for cheap let me know , that would be great
Mr OCD
In: Shadow Blue
Options: All of them ... lol

Post by Mr OCD »

Can I ask what module you bought? I would like to fit Bluetooth to my RCD510 as well!
VW Scirocco GT 170 in shadow blue metallic with vienna leather, cruise control, parking radar, nav, bluetooth and dynaudio sound system. Remapped and shortshift fitted.
cwac

Post by cwac »

Mr OCD wrote:Can I ask what module you bought? I would like to fit Bluetooth to my RCD510 as well!
I haven't bought one yet. Just making sure that I can get it coded before I buy it
M7R

Post by M7R »

There is another thread I replied to today where this was asked, I got mine via eBay from a company in Poland, it was the cheapest new kit (cheaper than most of the U.K. Sellers selling second hand kits)
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

I'm in Scotland and would be happy to code it for you, check out the next Scottish meet and come along, do the research and buy and fit the parts. :)

Sent from my phone
Last edited by Irvysan on Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cwac

Post by cwac »

Irvysan wrote:I'm in Scotland and would be happy to code it for you, check out the next Scottish meet and come among, do the research and buy and fit the parts. :)

Sent from my phone

That would be good, ill keep a look out, thanks
Irvysan
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

There's one being arranged at the moment : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... hp?t=20530" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my phone
cwac

Post by cwac »

Irvysan wrote:There's one being arranged at the moment : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... hp?t=20530" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my phone

Thanks. Might see if i can get a garage to do it beforehand, very impatient ha
Matmask88
With a: DSG box

Post by Matmask88 »

Evening, I've just bought an rline scirocco and looking to activate some additional features. Does anyone know where I can take it to get it plugged in/vagcom/vcds?
Cheers
Ben