My awesome black 2.0tsi

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
mholmes

My awesome black 2.0tsi

Post by mholmes »

Hi guys I bought the car a couple months ago, trading in my old Mini Cooper s which I did love but fancied something a bit more grown up I suppose. The mini always felt like a bit of a toy.

I absolutely love it so far, I decided to go for a DSG and have no regrets at all, even though I was adamant I wanted a manual when I first started looking.

I don't have huge plans so far for the car. Today I fitted a new evoms intake which was really easy to do., a lot easier than I expected everything fit really well. Was the first induction kit I have ever fitted. I haven't driven it much yet but it sounds good. The most noticeable sound is the dv on lift off. You can really hear the turbo spool up and dump air.

Then tomorrow am off to AMD for a stage 1 remap. Will update with review after tomorrow. Can't wait for this just trying not to have too big expectations in power after hearing so many reviews on here think I might be expecting too much.

Cheers

Michael

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by mholmes on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wazzaroc
I drive a: R-Line
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: 2.0TSI (180), Xenons, Rear view camera, Keyless entry, 90% tint, Badge deletion. Electric folding mirrors, Dynaudio. Vienna leather.
Mods: pressed plates and H@R lowering springs (35mm) Miltek exhaust

Re: My awesome black 2.0tsi

Post by Wazzaroc »

Great looking car dude. I'm off to AMD on Wednesday for H&R springs even tho I don't pick mine up from the dealers until Monday lol.
mholmes

Post by mholmes »

Yeah springs might one day be on my shopping list not sure yet.

Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Post by Roy_01 »

Is this induction? Its sucking hot air out of the engine bay or is it not completed on the pictures? Nice car btw!
mholmes

My awesome black 2.0tsi

Post by mholmes »

Oops double post
Last edited by mholmes on Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mholmes

Post by mholmes »

Roy_01 wrote:Is this induction? Its sucking hot air out of the engine bay or is it not completed on the pictures? Nice car btw!
It's not a sealed intake no. It's gets a cold air feed from the std tubing as below

mholmes

Post by mholmes »

So I am back from AMD Essex after having a stage 1 on my 2.0 tsi.
Whole process took 3 hours from drop off to pick up. Car was dyno'd prior to the map being loaded. Car just had a Evoms intake and came up with 216bhp so not too bad.

Once the map was loaded it ran 247bhp which I was told should go up once the car is run a couple times. The biggest gain was the midrange of 60bhp over std. And 70lbs of tourque.

But forget the figures the drive home was great had such a big smile. 2nd and 3rd gear are now immense. Just pulls so much harder than before. The car is a different animal now and makes some great noises.

AMD were great really professional.

Wazzaroc
Options: 2.0TSI (180), Xenons, Rear view camera, Keyless entry, 90% tint, Badge deletion. Electric folding mirrors, Dynaudio. Vienna leather.

Post by Wazzaroc »

I love AMD. Spend a fortune at that place lol.
mholmes

Post by mholmes »

Since the AMD remap I get a weird high pitched noise when accelerating at full throttle. No idea what it is. Has anyone else had it. A quick vid from phone below you should just be able to hear it.

http://youtu.be/k1Mnl1sKF1M

And below another quick vid of the noise and the intake noise.

http://youtu.be/5cC4-8__Ia4

Anyone got a clue what the noise is?

Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Wazzaroc wrote:Great looking car dude. I'm off to AMD on Wednesday for H&R springs even tho I don't pick mine up from the dealers until Monday lol.
Careful.. got my springs done at AMD and their "experienced technician" didn't plug in all my sensors. After a month or so I realised my nearly new tyres were pretty much done so I had it re-aligned elsewhere, only to be told it probably wasn't done in the first place. Never going back, but things to look out for :yes:
Phil
DAN180Y
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
Options: 18" MOMO Revenge alloys
VWR Springs
Stage 1 Remap
R side skirts
K&N Panel Filter
Front Splitter
20mm Spacers
Gloss Black VW Emblems
LED Interior Conversion

Post by DAN180Y »

car looks in good shape mate :yes: but youve got to get it lowered :nod:
Build Thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17836" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Current: Scirocco 2.0 GT TSI
Previous: Golf mk5 1.4 TSI Match, Golf mk4 1.6SE
mholmes

Post by mholmes »

Yeah it does resemble a 4x4 at the moment with those arch gaps.

No one any ideas about that noise when accelerating? Going to double check all joints on the intake are tight and sealed but can't think of what else it might be.

Almost sounds like an electronic noise rather than mechanical.
Irvysan
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

I did some research on this today and I hope I'm wrong but this noise Seems to be common with clutch issues.

Sent from my phone
Wazzaroc

Post by Wazzaroc »

philjay92 wrote:
Wazzaroc wrote:Great looking car dude. I'm off to AMD on Wednesday for H&R springs even tho I don't pick mine up from the dealers until Monday lol.
Careful.. got my springs done at AMD and their "experienced technician" didn't plug in all my sensors. After a month or so I realised my nearly new tyres were pretty much done so I had it re-aligned elsewhere, only to be told it probably wasn't done in the first place. Never going back, but things to look out for :yes:
I've been going to these for a long time and never had a problem, I hope this was just a one off although still not very good for you. Di you contact them??
mholmes

Post by mholmes »

Irvysan wrote:I did some research on this today and I hope I'm wrong but this noise Seems to be common with clutch issues.

Sent from my phone
I had a look at a gti6 forum and found a very similar topic and a few people had it. They seamed to think it was down to the intake harmonics or something like that.

pedrotsi
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pure White
Options: Vanilla spec, DSG stage 1, Stage 3 K04, Forge Twintercooler, VWR Intake, Eibach springs, Ksport Monoblock 355mm 6pots.

Post by pedrotsi »

Did you get to the bottom of the noise mate? Thinking about this kit but not sure i could live with that sound all the time
mholmes

Post by mholmes »

Still get the noise now and again. Pretty sure it's down to the intake. Other than that I love the noises I get from the intake.