New Roc R has different Stereo - Not Happy!!!

Everything about the R for potential owners.
drmyers
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: SatNav, Leather (Truffle), Wint Pack, Girl Sensors, Smoking pack, Mats, Tele Prep, Tyre Pressure,

New Roc R has different Stereo - Not Happy!!!

Post by drmyers »

Hi All

Just to make you aware that from August 2015 the build on the Roc R is changing and the RNS510 is being phased out, how do I know this? Well I ordered mine in March/April and added the RNS510 and they have fitted the Discover Navigation! which is a massive downgrade on the RNS510, no DVD caps for the kids to view, 5.8 inch screen instead of 6.5 inch.. no voice control.. and a host of other missing features.

The sad thing, is my Roc R is waiting in a garage ready for collection, and I'm currently arguing with VW (Not the Dealer) why on earth did they downgrade me without even consulting me, will update the post this week once I find out VW's plans... Ideally hoping for a new head unit maybe the RNS510 maybe ?? or better Disc Nav Pro.. that apparently fits or so the dealer claims but VW argue it won't..

A little disappointed with VW, all this time I have waited and they do this...they are not impressing me at the moment :cry:
rich146

Re: New Roc R has different Stereo - Not Happy!!!

Post by rich146 »

This replacement is the new MB infotainment system isn't it? Surely this is far superior to the ageing RNS systems?
Join the new growing Facebook site for Scirocco R owners https://www.facebook.com/sciroccoruk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
andyy
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Post by andyy »

As above, it's the MBII unit.. which is much better imo!

If you upgraded to an RNS510 and paid for it.. you should have the uprated infotainment system in your car as it was a similar / if not the same price as the RNS510?
chelspeed
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Sold it!

Post by chelspeed »

Discover nav is now standard on the R. Was a £750 option until around mid-July when it became standard. Agreed that it is far from a "massive downgrade".
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

Agreed.. don't post bw22 cars with discover nav now have the bigger screen anyway?
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
With a: Manual box
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

Swap for my RNS315 ;)

Sent from my phone