Just bought the 1.4 TSi 160, was that a mistake?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
criths
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box

Just bought the 1.4 TSi 160, was that a mistake?

Post by criths »

Hello all, I just picked up a 2009, 46,000 mile Roc with the 1.4 TSi 160 unit. It has full VW dealer service history and is in fine condition. I was nosing around looking for info on the DAB unit & stumbled across posts relating to the various (expensive) engine issues. Of course you will only read the bad stuff so I'm wondering are there any of you on here with the same engine which has given many trouble free miles?

Be great to hear from you as I'm concerned that this may have been a poor choice...

Thanks
sperk389
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Opal Silver
With a: Manual box

Re: Just bought the 1.4 TSi 160, was that a mistake?

Post by sperk389 »

got the same car but with a proper manual g/box lol ... love the drive and when driven carefully it feels nippy. I'm kindof thinking the 1.4 TSI 160 after driving it for a while feels very underpowered, if you dont 'Thrash' it, it just keeps up with the 140bhp diesel. Yeh yeh i know the diesel has a better torque curve, but surely the petrol 160bhp should be far quicker.. ?... i'm definitely going to get mine remapped as that will help with fuel and (i'm hoping) it will make it feel quicker.
lewihoga
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Salsa Red
Options: Rear parking sensors, Yeti Exhaust tips, Octavia RS Pedals, Bluefin remap, Full LED interior, RNS 510 retrofit with OEM bluetooth, VCDS MODS

Post by lewihoga »

Remap defo won't help with consumption on a petrol. More than likely make it worse :(
Jimbo13fe
In: Rising Blue

Post by Jimbo13fe »

When you drive it normaly and not stepping on the gas, remmaped have better av. consumption. On the other hand, when doing spirited driving, you will see a bit worse consumption
lewihoga
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Salsa Red
Options: Rear parking sensors, Yeti Exhaust tips, Octavia RS Pedals, Bluefin remap, Full LED interior, RNS 510 retrofit with OEM bluetooth, VCDS MODS

Post by lewihoga »

Jimbo13fe wrote:When you drive it normaly and not stepping on the gas, remmaped have better av. consumption. On the other hand, when doing spirited driving, you will see a bit worse consumption
kinda defeats the object though if you're not stepping on the gas :shrug: