P2015 Fault

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
BiotecVirus
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

P2015 Fault

Post by BiotecVirus »

Morning, I was wondering if you guys could help me with an error my 2.0 TSI 09 plate Scirocco has produced.

On Tuesday last week my engine warning light came on which according the the handbook was a exhaust system problem. I called breakdown assistance out which plugged in and reported a ERG fault. I drove the car home once it was deemed fine to drive short distance and took it to the local garage. They pulled back a fault number of P2015 but as their equipment would give no further info it was taken to another garage in which the following was produced...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqrx217gf7qrm ... .18.20.jpg

I have looked around your forums and it seems to agree it is a flaps issue with the inlet manifold but I was hoping if you could confirm this is the problem as a replacement is going to set me back around £400.

Many thanks
Graham (BiotecVirus)
salsajoe
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
Options: multifunction steering wheel, fogs, 18" alloys; DAB; XDS activated, DRLs reset, lock beep activated; indicator repeat set to 4; covered cup holder, rear seat 12v socket installed. metal pedals, 210 Golf GTi also in the stable. Scirocco gone - miss it. Polo GTI now.

Re: P2015 Fault

Post by salsajoe »

Flap issue looks about right unfortunately.

See below taken from RossTec site:

18447/P2015/008213 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1): Implausible Signal

Possible Symptoms
## Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
## Power Loss

Possible Causes
## Intake Manifold Flap faulty
## Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157) stuck/faulty
## Engine Control Module Software/Firmware Version faulty
## Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157) faulty

Possible Solutions
## Check Intake Manifold Flap
## Check/Replace Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157) ## Perform Output Tests/Basic Setting

## Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157)

Special Notes
## In some Cases the Issue can only be resolved by Replacing the whole Intake Manifold.
## The Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157) and Manifold Runner Position Sensor (G336) may be Part of the same Unit.
## When found in a VW Golf/Jetta (1K): 1.9l PD-TDI (BRM), check Engine Control Module (ECM) Software Version: ## 03G-906-016-AB @ 7328 or 7550 as well as 03G-906-016-AC @ 7280 or 7551 do have a Software Error which requires a special Adaptation for the Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157) which at this Point can only be performed with the Factory Tool.

This is a known manifold fault and has been for some time on VW engines and not just Scirocco.

Worth seeing if VW customer service will make a contribution towards the cost.
BiotecVirus

Post by BiotecVirus »

Thanks for the reply, hopefully this new one will be more reliable :) ive herd replacement ones tend to fix the flaps issue.

I hadnt thought about ringing vw. If they were to contruibe would it have to be done through a vw dealer e.g. lookers vw? As I had put in with a vw garge specalist as vw dealers tend to have your eyes out sometimes.
shshivji
In: Opal Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: panoramic roof and cruise control

Post by shshivji »

BiotecVirus wrote:Thanks for the reply, hopefully this new one will be more reliable :) ive herd replacement ones tend to fix the flaps issue.

I hadnt thought about ringing vw. If they were to contruibe would it have to be done through a vw dealer e.g. lookers vw? As I had put in with a vw garge specalist as vw dealers tend to have your eyes out sometimes.
Where abouts are you buddy??

Shak
BiotecVirus

Post by BiotecVirus »

Around the Teeside area.
GeoffCapes
In: Night Blue
Options: Cruise control, leather, sat nav, parking sensors

Post by GeoffCapes »

I had the same fault code. It cost me £600 to have it replaced. Think the part alone was £300
iforland
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Salsa Red

Post by iforland »

Had a similar fault with my 170 tdi, check out my post and video on youtube, http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =2&t=14929.

It was a fairly easy fix on the diesel as everything was easy to get to and the part off ebay wasn't too expensive.
BiotecVirus

Post by BiotecVirus »

Spoke to VW UK and it sounds like they are possibly willing to put so much towards it but only if Lookers VW do (which I doubt) but I will see what they come back with.

Been quoted £400 total myself, 300 for the part and 100 labour. Which seems reasonable, they have also said that if it does not cure the problem there will be no charge.

By the time I get around to doing it myself it will have effected other things so much that the extra 100 saved would not be really worth it. Plus if I broke something else I would be cursing haha.
BiotecVirus

Post by BiotecVirus »

Car's all fixed now. It was the inlet manifold. Many thanks guys :)
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

Great news :-) , did VW make a contribution toward cost ?
BiotecVirus

Post by BiotecVirus »

They were going too but by the time the VW would have got around to doing it it would not have been worth it. Would have took them a week and a half to have it done! Plus the cost was the same as Vasstech Darlington were quoting which use genuine VW parts anyhow and gave a 2 years guarantee. They had the car sorted the next day so a big shout out for them :)

Hopefully this one will last more than 40000 miles!
caldyer2
In: Deep Black
Options: Heated (Cornsilk) Leather Seats
Rear Parking Sensors & Camera
Bi Xenon Headlights
Folding Mirrors
19" Lugano Alloys
Full LED Interior/Exterior
2 Zone Climate Control (AC)
Navigation, Bluetooth, DVD

Post by caldyer2 »

I've just had this fault come up on my 2.0TSI as well :grumpy: .

Read it with my fault code reader and accidentally cleared it :rolleyes: ! I thought this would have re-appeared but 5 days later there's no sign! Is there any chance this could have been a sensor fault? I understand its partly due to carbon build up, I know on some other cars have had similar problems which having a good blast in has cleared the problem.

On a side note i've not noticed any loss in power, still goes like a rocket in drive and sport modes with no hesitation. :yes:

I've got it booked in with VW on Thursday for the DSG service (coming up to 4 years / 40k miles) and they're going to have a look whilst its in. Will they still be able to see the fault if its been cleared? I've only had the car 6 weeks and it came with a 6 month AutoProtect warranty so hoping its all covered!
dimexi
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

No, they can't see the fault if it's been cleared
caldyer2
Bi Xenon Headlights
Folding Mirrors
19" Lugano Alloys

Post by caldyer2 »

I assumed this would be the case. I do have a print out of the code and details so hopefully that will suffice. Based on the info from the code (it being a implausible value) is it reasonable to assume it will flag up again?
BiotecVirus

Post by BiotecVirus »

I'd imagine it would. It just requires the valve to go into a position over its max limit and it will flag up. I am unsure if 10 reg models had the slightly redesigned inlet manifold fitted.
caldyer2
Bi Xenon Headlights
Folding Mirrors
19" Lugano Alloys

Post by caldyer2 »

Still not flagged back up, over a week now. So it might not be the manifold issue, could be something else. its in tomorrow for the DSG service and some diagnostics. Hopefully they'll find out if there's a problem.
caldyer2
Bi Xenon Headlights
Folding Mirrors
19" Lugano Alloys

Post by caldyer2 »

So the suspicions have been confirmed, new manifold required! Just have to hope its covered by the warranty now, only had the can 7 weeks! On a positive note the DSG box has been serviced and its had a health check done by VW to look for any other potential problems of which none have been found.
BiotecVirus

Post by BiotecVirus »

That's a bummer, that should be covered under warranty if the dealership gave you one. I was given 3 months with mine for free so you will prob have something similar!
easyrider
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

happened to mine at about 30k, 09 too. covered by warranty. 8k further on no trouble.
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance
caldyer2
Bi Xenon Headlights
Folding Mirrors
19" Lugano Alloys

Post by caldyer2 »

Sorry guys forgot to come back to this one. All sorted now, shiny new inlet manifold installed. :D
Got it all done at the local VW Dealership too so it comes with a 2 year warranty which is nice. Not to mention it was impeccable service. Had the DSG serviced at the same time so they did the initial diagnostics for free (warranty wouldn't have covered this).

Got authorisation from the AutoProtect Warranty which i'm now submitting all the invoices etc to get reimbursed. Fingers crossed it gets paid! Its actually a 6 month warranty so seems pretty good so far.