New Rocco Owner, bagged already!

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
big al
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

New Rocco Owner, bagged already!

Post by big al »

Afternoon all.
Names Al, live in Stafford, and have been a keen dubber since passed my test, in fact I had a 72 1.6 beetle before I even passed.
Since then I have had a polo, seat leon, MK3 16v GTI, MK5 GTI, and now a rocco MK3.

Had the MK5 for 4 years
started like this

ended like this:

Rocco is completely standard for now

lots planned, airride going on in 2 weeks :D
Last edited by big al on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe7777
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS510, Sunroof, Audio (that's all we have in Australia)

Re: Long time VW owner, now a Rocco owner

Post by Joe7777 »

Congrats on the rocco, looking forward to seeing your mod list on this amazing car. There are just too many things can be done :)
big al

Re: Long time VW owner, now a Rocco owner

Post by big al »

Didn't take as long to sort the ride out on the rocco as it did on the GTI.
Collected the car after it spent a week at my mate Andy Moseley of low standard.

Amazing how much difference a 100mm drop can give. Grin Grin

Airlift slam series pro bags (older style) and airlift V2 digital management kit.
Currently in the process of building a show boot that is usable as well as nice to look at.
Barely any difference in ride quality, bit sad that I lose the adaptive chassis control, but it didn't make that much difference really.

Also removed the rear wiper as there is barely any point on the rocco and I wanted to smooth the rear off a bit.
Gazp123
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Nav, leather seats, dsg, Bluetooth, winter pack

Re: New Rocco Owner, bagged already!

Post by Gazp123 »

Looking good mate, follow you on Instagram as well, looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Have you decided on what wheels yet?
big al

Post by big al »

Gazp123 wrote:Looking good mate, follow you on Instagram as well, looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Have you decided on what wheels yet?
New dailies as soon as the interlagos sell. And show wheels are here but very secrety :D

Picked up my spare bumper from good friends at Chase automotive.
R line bumper, subtle difference to the standard, And £150 more second hand compared to a standard one, but couldn't resist.
Smoothed plate recess, T5 grille welded in, and painted sides.
Completely transforms the front.

jj06
In: Shadow Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Airride bentleys and lots of carbon

Post by jj06 »

Looking good matey making some good progress. show wheels tell me more please i need to worm out what im doing with mine
Shadow blue Scirocco 2.0 tsi
neuspeed pflo
Miltek non resonated tbe
Apr stage 2 remap
Airride
bentleys
carbon centre console,dash trims,door handles,heater vents, badges, mirrors,grille,door trims,window trims, arch spats
Add me on instagram jamie__j
AaronMc
Options: Black Pack inc 19" Luganos, Piano Black Dash Inserts, Heated Vienna Leather, Dynaudio, Scirocco R Pedals, Parking Sensors, Needle Sweep Activated, Black VW Badges, Debadged, H&R 35mm.

Post by AaronMc »

Nice one mate, these look spot on with airride! :yes:
feeney
In: Deep Black

Post by feeney »

Nice mate airride looks awsome, where abouts does your mate work and where abouts in uk is it you got it fitted if you dont mind me asking? thanks
big al

Post by big al »

feeney wrote:Nice mate airride looks awsome, where abouts does your mate work and where abouts in uk is it you got it fitted if you dont mind me asking? thanks
He's in North Staffs, just on the border of the peak district. His company is called Low Standard, you can find them on facebook, and tell them I sent you and you may get a cheeky discount. He supplies the kit, or just fits it.
Ryy
In: Viper Green
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Hednesford eh?

Used to live around there. If you see my Viper (modded, not the other 2 you may see) WAVE!
feeney

Post by feeney »

Thanks mate appreciate it, only thing thats putting me off is needing chassis notches! I take it you had that done?
big al

Post by big al »

feeney wrote:Thanks mate appreciate it, only thing thats putting me off is needing chassis notches! I take it you had that done?
Iv'e not had it notched yet, should be done in the next few weeks, completely safe and not seen or heard of anyone having any problems with it.
Friend has found an alternative which erases the need to notch, but it's more expensive (about £300 compared to about £60 for the notch)

Went up to Derby at the weekend where me and a mate fitted the xenon headlights, since having these on the MK5 I can't do without them. Just need to get a newer module to allow full usage as don't have full beam at the moment.

Also fitted the new alloys, BBS CH reps, staggered 19's 8.5 and 9.5, still tuck just about.
That's all for now, more updates after UD (believe me, there are a lot to come!)

feeney

Post by feeney »

Awsome mate cant wait to see what comes up, i was under the impression if you were bagged and went to low the chassis hit the driveshaft this not happened on you so far? Just picked my rocco r up the other day so trying to soak up the info haha, bbs ch's look spot on btw
big al

Post by big al »

Been a bit quiet lately with the build up to Ultimate dubs, sent the application in, but was too late, until I got contacted by James at auto finesse and offered a space on their trade stand.
I was proud as punch to be inside again, the rocco Isn't up to show standard yet, but held it's own I think and got a lot of attention due to these updates I feel.

January I picked up some MK5 R bucket seats from down south, was a long day to get them and they weren't in the condition i'd expected, but the temptation was there to retrim them all anyway so this gave me the excuse (mainly as I hate the R logo embossed on the seat and couldn't bare to have that in my non R scirocco)

So they went over To Colin at D haden upholstery in Walsall who has done all my trimming on the rocco, a good local company who really understand all my odd requests.
So nappa leather with white stitching and harris tweed down the centres with the labels sewn into the seat bolsters:

They also trimmed a custom C6 carbon steering wheel I had made as a one off:

And the finished result, sat on some 19 x8.5 and 19x9.5 OZ futura 2 piece splits repainted by A1 wheels Wolverhampton.

jj06
In: Shadow Blue
Options: Airride bentleys and lots of carbon

Post by jj06 »

Amazing mate <3
Shadow blue Scirocco 2.0 tsi
neuspeed pflo
Miltek non resonated tbe
Apr stage 2 remap
Airride
bentleys
carbon centre console,dash trims,door handles,heater vents, badges, mirrors,grille,door trims,window trims, arch spats
Add me on instagram jamie__j
Shaun1982
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184

Post by Shaun1982 »

Sweet!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Phil
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Saw it at UD - looked brilliant!
Phil
RoccoDav

Post by RoccoDav »

really like your car mate!! I'm hopefully going down the air bag route! Are all these pic without the "chassis notch"???
Last edited by RoccoDav on Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JillD
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140

Post by JillD »

Your car is looking great 100% agree putting bags on the rocco the difference that they make is phenomenal and I'm loving the other mods 2! Keep up the good work. Just a question how much is the starting price to even get it bagged?
polo classic
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue
Options: H&R Ultra-lows and BBS RS-GT 9,5 20

Post by polo classic »

19"Futuras, not many of those around. The fifth set I have seen in as many years. Used to have a set in 9.5/10.5 to use as winter wheels, but sold them as they would not clear the brakes I had planned. You should try and source 2 more 9.5" barrels for the front ;-)

Sent fra min C5503 via Tapatalk