Weird Floating Feeling Post new rears & front Balance

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Pheo
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box

Weird Floating Feeling Post new rears & front Balance

Post by Pheo »

So, unfortunately I had a nearside rear flat, requiring two new tyres on the rear of the car (Hankooks fitted).

Was getting a bit of vibration at high speeds, had them balance the tyres on the front as well for good measure.

However now at speed the whole front of the car feels a bit unstable, like I'm being buffetted by heavy crosswinds... but I'm not! It happens at lower speeds but is less noticable.

Anyone got any ideas what might have gone wrong? Don't see how a balance could cause this issue? I'm thinking I need to take it to QS tuning round the corner for a 4 wheel laser alignment, but thinking someone else might have some ideas...

To add insult to injury they've also damaged the offside front rim as well. Wish I'd not bothered to get them to do it now!
martdy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Re: Weird Floating Feeling Post new rears & front Balance

Post by martdy »

Hate to state the obvious - tyre pressures?
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
lanciamug
In: Rising Blue

Post by lanciamug »

Or even more obviously, are the wheel nuts tight?
Pheo
In: Viper Green

Post by Pheo »

Have checked the pressures twice, 33psi front-rear.

Doesn't appear to have any play in the wheel nuts, but I'll doublecheck before driving home to be sure. (better safe than sorry on that one!)