New car ordered!!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Ebony ivy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: DAB radio, chrome pedal caps, K & N Panel filter, tdi-tuning box, red lower grille strip, LED side lights, HID headlight bulbs, piano black 'R' steering wheel badge

New car ordered!!

Post by Ebony ivy »

Well I took the plunge on Friday and ordered a BMW M135i in Mineral grey with coral red leather, not saying goodbye to the Scirocco totally as I'm passing it over to the wife to replace her Astra Sporthatch, the Scirocco is to good a car to give back to the finance company so decided to keep it.
Even though I'm excited about the arrival of the BMW I will still miss driving the Scirocco on a daily basis, I'm sure the wife will let me pinch it from time to time.
Deacon
Options: Tuned 1.4tsi - gone but not forgotten!

Re: New car ordered!!

Post by Deacon »

Congratulations! Sounds like you've got the best of both worlds there!
playing in my '86
Ebony ivy
Options: DAB radio, chrome pedal caps, K & N Panel filter, tdi-tuning box, red lower grille strip, LED side lights, HID headlight bulbs, piano black 'R' steering wheel badge

Post by Ebony ivy »

Cheers Deacon
whiteDevil_170
In: Candy White
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Congrats , I personally think they are a nice looking car. And as said best of both worlds :yes:
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Ebony ivy

Post by Ebony ivy »

Cheers whiteDevil_170, yes it is a bit of a marmite car in the looks department, but like yourself I think it looks really good and better than that a proper wolf in sheep's clothing!!
dimexi
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

I think you will probably quickly forget the Scirocco once you get in that. It's a proper grunter with >300bhp! I remember looking at the performance data once, and thinking it was a PROPER sportscar.

Not a fan of the 1 series look though, but that doesn't matter - you will be going too fast for anyone to catch a glimpse ;).

Hope you enjoy it
Ebony ivy

Post by Ebony ivy »

Cheers dimexi, I'm sure I will enjoy it, just glad I have the opportunity to keep the Scirocco in the family as it's been a fantastic car.
whiteDevil_170
In: Candy White
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

How long untill you get it? Bet your wife's happy she's getting the roc.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

nice colour and interior choice as estoril blue whilst stunning is done to death at moment, have you gone for manual or the auto, i'd be tempted by the two pedal option as driving position was a bit better for me

tried nudging wife towards one of these but she can't do the looks, i'm waiting to see the M235i and M2 as a really regret not pushing the boat our for a 1M
Last edited by wigit on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

wigit wrote:
tried nudging wife towards one of these but she can't do the looks, i'm waiting to see the M215i and M2 as a really regret not pushing the boat our for a 1M
I think you meant the M235i, which should be a cracker
wigit

Post by wigit »

Cuprabob wrote:I think you meant the M235i, which should be a cracker
i think it will as from shots seen to date more of a looker and i think M135 residuals will jitter, for me its more in keeping with the M car philosophy, i loved the V8 M3 but its just too big and I'd take the 1M anyway

live in hope for a M2 coming in around £40k mark
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

An M2 at around £40k would be a very attractive proposition especially when compared with a Golf MK7 R which l, when released, will be around that figure.
Ebony ivy

Post by Ebony ivy »

Hi whiteDevil_170, the Scirocco comes off contract in January so I'll take delivery of the BMW then, wife is chuffed she's getting the Rocco as she really likes it, not sure how long she'll keep it though as she really wants a Audi Q3 (women aye......)
Ebony ivy

Post by Ebony ivy »

Hi wigit, I've gone for the auto, although I am awaiting for a test drive to be sure, as I've never had an auto before.
wigit

Post by wigit »

Ebony ivy wrote:Hi wigit, I've gone for the auto, although I am awaiting for a test drive to be sure, as I've never had an auto before.
i think you've made the right move with that choice :yes: