New Windscreen.

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Yorkie1
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Night Blue
With a: Manual box

New Windscreen.

Post by Yorkie1 »

Stone chip which is too big to repair means I need a new screen. 1st Autoglass quote was around £650 which when challenged dropped rapidly to just below £450.

Company car and our insurance doesn't cover screens, so whilst ultimately I'm not paying, hate to think I'm getting ripped off. Anyone else had to buy a new windscreen who can confirm what price should be?

Thanks.
andypollard
In: Candy White
Options: 19" Lugano wheels style pack black,
Carpet mats front and rear,
Electrically foldable door mirrors,
Panoramic sunroof,
Winter pack in conjunction with leather upholstery,
Rear Parking sensors,
Anthracite 'Vienna' interior upholstery,

Re: New Windscreen.

Post by andypollard »

Hi Yorkie1, have you had your windscreen replaced? Last week I noticed a crack along the lower edge of mine, you can't see it from inside the car, but needs replacing. I'm going to ask my local VW dealer for a price, just for interest really, it's covered on insurance, just want to ensure a dont get a lower quality screen, cheers Andy
Yorkie1
In: Night Blue

Re: New Windscreen.

Post by Yorkie1 »

No. Not had it done yet as previous experience has shown me that I'll get it done and immediately chip the new one too. So waiting for the 2nd hit at the moment although chip is starting to crack more and more. Won't pass MOT come October!

Apparently screen so expensive due to winter pack sensors within it?