My first ever car

Everything about the R for potential owners.
L Swifty
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: ► Black Leather Seats
► VW RNS-510 Navigation System
► Talladega Wheels in Black

Mods:
► H&R 35mm Lowering Springs
► Evoms Cold Air Intake
► Goodridge Braided Brake Hoses
► Stage 1 Custom Remap - 324BHP
► Forge PCV Delete

My first ever car

Post by L Swifty »

Hey guys I turned 21 last Tuesday and purchased the car a week before my Birthday. I then went to pick up my very first car on my Birthday... A Candy white Scirocco R with manual gearbox :D :D :D I have never driven a car after I passed my driving test first time 2 and a half years ago!! :rolleyes: Been driving her steady for now as you can expect with my driving experience. But I have to just say WOW this car is just amazing in every aspect! :hyper:
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Re: My first ever car

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Hi

:welcome:

Wow what a 1st car.. My first car was a clio, what's the insurance like considering its your 1st car , and it's a scirocco r.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
L Swifty

Mods:
► Evoms Cold Air Intake
► Forge PCV Delete

Post by L Swifty »

Oh yes been saving up for one ever since I passed my test. I must be the most patient person ever!! Got it fully comp at £1600 with annual mileage set at 10,000 a year.
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Yes very patient haha. £1600 is a lot for insurance but I surpose it's not to bad considering I paid £1700 for my clio when I passed. Admittedly I was 17 when I got my car so was a lot younger. But anyway great car you got yourself and best colour aswell. I'm sure you will love it.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Macman
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Post by Macman »

I wrote off 2 cars in my 20's as many do. My advice is stick to speed limits at all times and take greater care for wet/snow/ice conditions. Never assume the roads to be in good condition these days and there are a lot of racers in cars as fast as yours. Don't think about racing them it will get you points. Police here do unmarked entrapment tricks so be warned. Show more respect in town centres like a limo driver to avoid tagging bad reputation. Never show-off your driving skills with mates onboard. Use the speed only to overtake safer then cool off else you'll not afford to run it. Good luck!
CRaFTY_35
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Panaromic Sunroof, Bi-Xenon, Light Package, RNS510 (P ver.), Rear Camera, Cruise Control, R-Led, 18' Chicago Rims, Rear Diffuzor, META Alarm, LED Door Warning Lights,

Post by CRaFTY_35 »

L Swifty wrote:Hey guys I turned 21 last Tuesday and purchased the car a week before my Birthday. I then went to pick up my very first car on my Birthday... A Candy white Scirocco R with manual gearbox :D :D :D I have never driven a car after I passed my driving test first time 2 and a half years ago!! :rolleyes: Been driving her steady for now as you can expect with my driving experience. But I have to just say WOW this car is just amazing in every aspect! :hyper:
It is a powerful car, you should be careful :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
2012 Scirocco 1.4TSI 160ps Manuel: RSA Motorsports Remap Stage 1, ITG Maxogen Air Induction Kit, Forge Dumpvalve, Jetex Cat-back Resonated Exhaust System, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Koni Sport Dynamic Drive
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Macman wrote:I wrote off 2 cars in my 20's as many do!
I didnt
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Macman
In: Rising Blue

Post by Macman »

He has a faster car. It's inexperience mixed with testosterone and adrenline fueled by peer pressure with race culture is to keep in mind. Oh don't pressure wash it and use 2 buckets instead (1 for clean rinse). Never lay down the keys in the boot after loading shopping and be sure to unlock all doors when you do open the tailgate (I learned the hard way!) . They should make all doors open upon unlocking tailgate.
Enjoy ;)
Last edited by Macman on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
skippy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

21 in an R! :eyepop:

Surprised you got affordable insurance buddy. Enjoy!
cavido
In: Deep Black

Post by cavido »

I'm gonna turn 21 next week and I have a roc R too :D My first car was a golf III vr6 but the R is on a different level :) and you're right mate, always respect speed limits and traffic rules ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
L Swifty

Mods:
► Evoms Cold Air Intake
► Forge PCV Delete

Post by L Swifty »

Thanks for the comments and tips guys. I will be a very careful driver, as you can imagine I don't want to do myself or the car any damage :yes: Noticed quite a few pedestrians staring at me while at traffic lights ect... Cant quite determine if they are thinking thats one nice car or just that I look too young to be driving this type of car hahaa 8)
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Both mate, I get stared at all the time Lol and I'm 20 .
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
munchy106
Options: 19" wheels,folding mirror's,parking sensor's.

Post by munchy106 »

my son is 18 and he has a grand punto 1.2, i insure it for him and he is a name driver it cost £3200 and year.not to sure you can insure a scirocco r for less then that at 20 mine cost me £650 year and i'm 43. :shrug: :shrug:
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

It doesn't sound too bad actually.. I'm 28 and pay £450 year FC. A lot depends on location and if I lived in the next postcode it'd be £1500 a year :(

But yeh, my congratulations and slight jealousy at the OP :D
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
L Swifty

Mods:
► Evoms Cold Air Intake
► Forge PCV Delete

Post by L Swifty »

munchy106 wrote:my son is 18 and he has a grand punto 1.2, i insure it for him and he is a name driver it cost £3200 and year.not to sure you can insure a scirocco r for less then that at 20 mine cost me £650 year and i'm 43. :shrug: :shrug:
Best way to do insurance for young drivers like myself is e.g: I Put myself as the main driver then I add both my parents as "additional drivers" when adding my dad it knocked off about £300 and when adding my mum as well that took £600 off. So on the insurance I am set as the main driver but just means my parents are aloud to drive my car as well. And like the above person said the area in which you live plays a big part as well. I live in a small town which is very close to a city which has very minimal crime rate in my town. P.S on my insurance quotes for when i was 20 for a Scirocco R with both parents added was £2500 so just by turning 21 it took £900 off.
L Swifty

Mods:
► Evoms Cold Air Intake
► Forge PCV Delete

Post by L Swifty »

Nice £4.99 keyring that my postman just pushed through my door :D :D :D

Nighthawk
Options: 19" silver tallys, parking sensors,

Post by Nighthawk »

Wow! What a first car!

A little bit jealous that you don't have to suffer the ballache of driving a 1litre or a 1.Poo

As comments above, take it easy, enjoy the car and be safe!

Ps-where did u get your keyring from??
L Swifty

Mods:
► Evoms Cold Air Intake
► Forge PCV Delete

Post by L Swifty »

Nighthawk wrote:Wow! What a first car!

A little bit jealous that you don't have to suffer the ballache of driving a 1litre or a 1.Poo

Haha thanks, I've always had a passion for cars ever since I was little :yes: It's from ebay, not sure if im allowed to post link on here as I know some other forums I have been on before don't allow it so i'll drop you a PM now with the link :yes:
L Swifty

Mods:
► Evoms Cold Air Intake
► Forge PCV Delete

Post by L Swifty »

L Swifty wrote:
Nighthawk wrote:Wow! What a first car!

Haha thanks, I've always had a passion for cars ever since I was little :yes: It's from ebay, not sure if im allowed to post link on here as I know some other forums I have been on before don't allow it so i'll drop you a PM now with the link :yes:
Okay it says i'm not authorized to send PM's yet :eyepop: Anyone know if i can put the link on here with no problems?

EDIT: scratch that PM's are now authorized :yes:

Okay now i know links are fine anyone else who is interested in the keyring can find it here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-R-Line-Chr ... 19d8f5e8ab" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
L Swifty

Mods:
► Evoms Cold Air Intake
► Forge PCV Delete

Post by L Swifty »

Thought I might as well put a pic of my car on here since I haven't yet :lol: Surprisingly quite good quality picture from my iPhone :D ...