rocco r,golf r or focus rs?

Everything about the R for potential owners.
haseeb
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Alloy wheels
Tints

rocco r,golf r or focus rs?

Post by haseeb »

hi guys i'm looking to buy a new car. what would you recommend? x
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Re: rocco r,golf r or focus rs?

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Well I personally think the most obvious answer you are going to receive on here is going to be a roc r.. Personally I would have a roc r! Golf r is a really good car but its just a golf at the end of the day. And focus rs.... Well i personally think that it's a Chavs car. Looks like shite.. Everybody has different tastes though.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
RisingRoc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
Options: 2 Zone Air Con, Alloy pedals, Luxury Mats, Chrome Exhaust Tips, Rear Cup Holder, HKB Door Sills, Full LED pack

Post by RisingRoc »

First off I'd recommend not putting kisses at the end of forum posts.

After that I'd say you're in the wrong place for an objective opinion. Rocco will win hands down.
haseeb
Tints

Post by haseeb »

i think i probably will go for the roc. its just that its not 4wd. i've been in an rs and its quick. hopefully insurance wont be an issue.
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

RisingRoc wrote: I'd say you're in the wrong place for an objective opinion.
yes I thought that aswell but oh well..
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
haseeb
Tints

Post by haseeb »

just wanted to see if anybody would recommend something else.
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I would save a few bob and buy one of the last R32s. Had one before my Rocco and the V6 is lovely and that burble. Other than that I would go for the Golf R.

Don't really understand the "just a Golf" comments as the Scirocco is "just a Scirocco".
haseeb
Tints

Post by haseeb »

i've driven an r32 and there ok. dont feel as fast the new r though
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

haseeb wrote:i've driven an r32 and there ok. dont feel as fast the new r though
I agree it's not as fast but it has soul. There is more to a car than just speed:-)
haseeb
Tints

Post by haseeb »

fair enough but i'd say the new r was better car all round. would you not agree?
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

Yes, I would agree but it's not a £20k better car.

Honestly in your position I would look at the M135i, 320bhp and a £30k price tag, if you can see beyond the looks
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

TT-S ;)
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

Good call on the TTS and there are some nice TTRSs about too with that lovely 5 pot:-)
James321
I drive a: Scirocco R
With a: DSG box
Options: REVO Stage 2+, Bilstein B16 iRC, Supalloy Wishbones, Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust, Revo Intake, EuroJet Intercooler. (Wife's car)
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

It depends on what you want, the Golf R isn't as pretty as the Scirocco R but off the mark it's a much quicker car, the Golf is a more practical choice as the boot on the Scirocco although a decent size, it's awkward to access due to the big lip.
4WD = four tyres replaced at once, 2WD = front tyres replaced twice as fast.

The Sciroccos cabin is a marginally nicer place to be than the Golf but accessing the rear of the Scirocco is a job for children or contortionists.

They are both very capable cars so it comes down to what you want (hopefully not a Focus) what is it you are looking for?

If it were me, I'd go for the Audi TT RS.
RS5, Scirocco R. You can never have enough R's
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Cuprabob wrote: Don't really understand the "just a Golf" comments as the Scirocco is "just a Scirocco".
yes but the scirocco stands out in a completely different way. Sure the golf r is fast , it's 4wd, and looks really sporty. But the way I see it apart from those it's still a golf. I see it as the most common car you can find. I really like the golfs but only reason I didn't get one was because its just such a common car. Plus golf r is a ridiculous amount of money. Far better cars out there for the same priced golf r. Just my opinion.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Shaun
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

Golf R for me and thats from an ex Scirocco R owner
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

James321 wrote: 4WD = four tyres replaced at once, 2WD = front tyres replaced twice as fast.
Not always the case. Haldex 4WD is biased towards the front so in the majority of the cases the fronts still will out faster than the rears. That was certainly the case with my R32.

If you're saying all 4 need replaced at once because it's 4WD, again that is not true as the Haldex system can well cope with different rolling circumferences front to rear. It's cars with Torsen based FWD that it is recommended that 4 are all replaced at once.
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

Drive_with_Style wrote:
Cuprabob wrote: Don't really understand the "just a Golf" comments as the Scirocco is "just a Scirocco".
yes but the scirocco stands out in a completely different way. Sure the golf r is fast , it's 4wd, and looks really sporty. But the way I see it apart from those it's still a golf. I see it as the most common car you can find. I really like the golfs but only reason I didn't get one was because its just such a common car. Plus golf r is a ridiculous amount of money. Far better cars out there for the same priced golf r. Just my opinion.
It was said a bit tongue in cheeck as some Scirocco owners seem to believe their Scirocco is more special than it is, IMO
Basho
In: Night Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, bi-xenon, Dual Climate Control,navigation, Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat, Heated Seats.

Post by Basho »

Cuprabob wrote:
Drive_with_Style wrote:
It was said a bit tongue in cheeck as some Scirocco owners seem to believe their Scirocco is more special than it is, IMO
Well not only Scirocco owners U cant say that! But what I have seen The R turns heads more than Golf and please say it again focus?? lol This car looks like crap I am sorry!

For looks and attention go for the Scirocco
For Performance go for the Focus (still close debate)
For practicality go for the Golf R
For all the above go for the Scirocco R :))) :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
"Mashallah You got a nice car"
SuperstarDriver
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
Options: Select All [X]

Post by SuperstarDriver »

Here Here, anyone saying the Scirocco is not special is asking for a virtual WEDGIE.

For further information please see Wiki on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedgie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mate, the only option is a Scirocco!!! Thats why you joined the forum!!!