Anyone wish they'd ordered another colour ?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
shooms
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Pano sunroof, Dynaudio, premium sills, metal pedals & alu gear-knob.

Anyone wish they'd ordered another colour ?

Post by shooms »

I'm such a woman lol :rolleyes:

I ordered black, then white, then sumatra then changed my mind & ordered rising blue...

I absolutely love the look of rising blue but every time I see Viper Green part of me wished I'd ordered that instead :cry:

How about you lot... any regrets ?
dchuraman
With a: DSG box

Re: Anyone wish they'd ordered another colour ?

Post by dchuraman »

exactly the same, nearly ordered white, then changed to blue, now i see green and really want it!
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

rising blue - candy white - sumatra traingle made into a square when i saw LCMs black one in the flesh

so wanted firespark :cry:
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Le_savage
In: Deep Black
Options: Anthracite Leather, Panoramic Roof, Winter Pack, premium sills
On the shopping list: MTM remap, Milltek Turbo back Zorst, Eibach 25mm Lowering springs, MTM 19" Bimoto Alloys, MTM 15mm Spacers, 24 bottles of ice cold Stella :o)

Post by Le_savage »

I always wanted balck and went to the ends of the world to get one... well Oldham actually but from Surrey was a fair stretch. I could have got clser, I could have got cheaper but I was dead set on black and I love it. Now as I have not yet seen another on the road round my way since first test driving one in October I am getting a little scared that I might be secretly building some closet regrets for a opal silver, rising blue or even (dare I say it) a white one.... I promised myself many years ago I would never ever think that after the old man had a lovely flat white sierra estate... it was hideous :faint:
robrob
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

shooms wrote: I absolutely love the look of rising blue but every time I see Viper Green part of me wished I'd ordered that instead :cry:
How about you lot... any regrets ?
How often have you seen a Viper Green??? Or are you talking about the photos...?

When I first saw the Viper Green in the show room recently I loved it, and yes I thought to myself now that is the sort of colour the car deserves, but then would I actually have the guts to drive one is another matter...
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

lets make sure we get a good colour turnout at Gaydon on the 25th April :yes:

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... f=18&t=967
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
CTRnutter
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

I always wanted white or Red (Love the blue but to similar to my brothers R32)and I reluctantly took a car from stock (reflex silver) as I didnt want to wait 3 months ha ha :) wasnt sure on the colour to begin with but now I am really happy with my choice hides all thoe stone chips stays clean etc and will look really good with a few carbon goodies :)
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
easybreeze
In: Candy White
Options: Parking Sensors
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

I'm totally happy with my choice of White, wouldn't choose any other colour... just a shame it gets dirty so quick 8)
Arrived 23rd March '09 - Lovin' it
Kev
Administrator
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

I've wanted a blue car for such a long time so I'm really happy with it. Having said that though, I've only spotted one other colour on the road, Stan_blade's white one and that was only for a second or two. I've seen silver and black in the showroom and I'm still happy with my first choice.
steve
In: Sumatra
Options: panoramic sunroof, truffle leather, winter pack, dynaudio soundpack, parking and tyre sensors, cruise control, carpet mats

Post by steve »

Gotta admit I had a couple of sleepless nights about ordering Sumatra. Now it's here I absolutely love it - looks fantastic with the truffle leather too :)

I've posted some pics to the delivery room, take a look: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =13&t=1204
Andy500

Post by Andy500 »

I ve ordered mine in black and i had a change of mind a couple of weeks ago and really fancied the white. The stealer wouldnt let me change it though as mine had gone to "build confirmed".

The only way round it would have been to cancel my order and replace it for a new one but this would have added 4 weeks on and an additional £900 quid on to my order (as it was after the price rise by then). Needless to say im sticking with Black which im now glad of again.

Wish they would blimin hurry up and build it though!
drnick
Options: leather, Nav, Park sensors

Post by drnick »

had a dream the other night that i was arguing with the dealer, i wanted to swap my rising blue for a sumatra! I was saying that because the wipers sometimes smear then the vehicle wasn't fit for purpose and i demanded a new car!!! Hand on heart, i think i'd like a sumatra with truffle.......
morrissey
Options: Golf R, 3 door, manual, leather, sunroof, 19" alloys, ACC, cruise, comfort and storage packs

Post by morrissey »

Saw a white one covered in the local agriculture - not tempted.
If they ever bring out a 4 wheel drive version, I might be tempted into a viper one though
silver130
In: Indium Grey
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Post by silver130 »

The only other colour I would have had is Sumatra. But. As I suspect like a few others on here when I ordered mine at the end of July last year I took a gamble that all the pictures on the net I had seen were actually Rising Blue and not some Never to be seen again colour as Firespark has turned out to be and ordered the car with blind faith that it was the same blue..
It was. Thank God ! and I don't regret my choice one bit.. :D :D :D
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!
ryancooke
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

Post by ryancooke »

working where i do and seing all the colours they do and im still glad of my choice, i dont think my mods would have worked with any other colour. the only other colour i do like is the red, but i love the white :yes: , even though it does get dirty quick, and i have a black roof so thats a pain with the water marks :no:
MY CARS IS SOLD 21.5K BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sciroccorocket
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Parking Sensors Pano roof Sat Nav

Post by sciroccorocket »

my last choice on the list was opal silver i hated it on the website car builder thingy, but not wanting to wait 3 months i agreed to a opal silver the only car i could get from stock i had a few sleepless nights wondering what id done but after seeing it in the flesh i love it now, another customer that had ordered reflex changed his order to opal after seeing mine in the compound, but deep down id go reflex

http://photobucket.com/myscirocco
sciroccorocket
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Parking Sensors Pano roof Sat Nav

Post by sciroccorocket »

ryancooke wrote:working where i do and seing all the colours they do and im still glad of my choice, i dont think my mods would have worked with any other colour. the only other colour i do like is the red, but i love the white :yes: , even though it does get dirty quick, and i have a black roof so thats a pain with the water marks :no:
i agree white is the modders choice, and opal for us older ones lol
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

I had originally ordered a Black with Pano roof, then because of the Xenons delay I got the exact same spec in White (without Xenons)

I'm more than happy with my choice knowing what I know now I would order it in White again - however because the Pano roof breaks up the White and sets a nice contrast if I wasn't getting the Pano roof I may have been leaning more towards the Black or Sumatra with Truffle leather instead of Black.
hell-boy
In: Sumatra
Options: Pano.roof, Xenon, Folding mirrors, Alcantara/cloth, ACC, Cruise, Flat tyre indicator, Winterpack, Smokerspack, Pedels.

Post by hell-boy »

Was between White and Sumatra.
Liked the lines of the car more in white and was afraid of the sumatracolour in the sun ( not having seen it in the "flesh").
But now driving it for a week, i'm loving every second of it and wouldnot change it !
easybreeze
Options: Parking Sensors
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

Yeah, white with the pano roof :love:
Arrived 23rd March '09 - Lovin' it