just missed buying scirocco r grrrrrr - not anymore :)

Everything about the R for potential owners.
cyman
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

just missed buying scirocco r grrrrrr - not anymore :)

Post by cyman »

well i'm currently looking for a scirocco r and yesterday i called the protsmouth vw dealer as they had a nicely priced and well spec'd R for 22k i wanted to arrange to view it and drive it today taking the means to pay for it with me only to be told that it has sold 4 hours earlier :( :( :(

oh well will have to keep looking :) :)
Last edited by cyman on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick Roc
With a: Manual box
Options: 20" TSW Portier wheels, rear parking sensors, electric folding door mirrors, dyna audio, leather. APR RSC TBE, APR FUEL PUMP, REVO STAGE 2+, EVOMS & Forge DV & Forge Short Shifter. Lambo Ballon White Custom Paint.

Re: just missed buying scirocco r grrrrrr

Post by Nick Roc »

Don't give up hope, keep looking & you will find one! You won't be disappointed especially once you start the mods!! :nod:
Tallguy

Post by Tallguy »

Bad luck. I must say the prices of used Rs are starting to look very attractive but that in turn suggests a load of depreciation if you buy new?
Roger
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather interior, Sunroof, 19" wheels, Reversing sensors, Folding mirrors, DAB radio

Post by Roger »

Hi, just thought you should know I spotted one today for sale. Churchill Motors 63 Watling Street, Potterspury, Towcester NN12 7QD 01908542655 I have no links with this company. You can see the car on the net.
cyman

Re: just missed buying scirocco r grrrrrr - not anymore :)

Post by cyman »

got a phone call from the dealer today the sale fell through so i put a deposit down.

i haggled and got them to drop the price a bit and as i only want to put 15k down am putting the rest on finance and got them to drop the finance rate to 5% aswell.

am talking to them again on saturday so hopefully everything will be ok'd and confirmed by then for me to pick it up next wed

so ive bought a 2010 r dsg with 18k miles , in black, 1 owner,leather,sat nav and a few more options which i cant remember but unfortunatley they have taken it off the vw site so i cant link it.
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Well done!!

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
cyman

Post by cyman »

picked the car up today so now a proud owner of a lovely black roco R :D :D
mattw

Post by mattw »

I'm looking for a very similar car - black with leather, in fact, I think the one you've bought is/ was on my watch list... The prices seem to more attractive than they were a few months ago!
cyman

Post by cyman »

mattw wrote:I'm looking for a very similar car - black with leather, in fact, I think the one you've bought is/ was on my watch list... The prices seem to more attractive than they were a few months ago!
i asked the dealer why the other chap hadnt bought the car and apparently his finance was declined. i was bloody lucky as this spec,milage,model was really priced to sell to get another one close but with 10k more miles and les options was 1k more from another dealer.

after looking for so long all i can say is dont ruxh into buying one as occasionaly a decent spec and deal raises its head you just have to keep an eye out on a regular basis on the vw used site.

good luck with your search when you get one you def wont be dissapointed