Bumper colour, is it different to the rest of the car???

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Jonny96
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensors, Premium mats, Premium sills

Bumper colour, is it different to the rest of the car???

Post by Jonny96 »

I've had my Salsa red Scirocco GT for about 3 months now. As the weathers been a bit better, i've been washing it a lot. Last weekend i noticed the back bumper seems to be a darker shade of red than the body. Thought it might just be the curvy lines of the car playing tricks on me, but im pretty sure its a darker shade! Just interested to know if anyone else has had this problem, and if it is wrong, does the VW paint warrenty cover any re-sprays or body part replacements?

Thanks guys!
sciroccorocket
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
Options: Parking Sensors Pano roof Sat Nav

Re: Bumper colour, is it different to the rest of the car???

Post by sciroccorocket »

ive seen a few pics of salsa red rocs i was sure the rear bumper was a darker color i thought it was my eyes maybe not tho
easybreeze
Options: Parking Sensors
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

Nearly every new car I've seen for the past few years has that.
Arrived 23rd March '09 - Lovin' it
Jonny96

Post by Jonny96 »

Well i'm taking it back to the dealer for them to have a look at it! If you look at the paint closely, it almost look like one of the coats is damaged! Its all grainy and speckly! Not happy with it! :grumpy:
sciroccorocket
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Parking Sensors Pano roof Sat Nav

Post by sciroccorocket »

i hope your dealer is better than mine i will never use them again
ryancooke
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

Post by ryancooke »

quite alot of new cars are like this, as the bumpers are either sprayed in a different place in the factory or in a different factory alltogether, alot of the audi's are like this, it is covered by warranty, they wont replace the bumper, just get it resprayed :yes:
MY CARS IS SOLD 21.5K BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jonny96

Post by Jonny96 »

Great, i'll have a chat with the dealer! Hopefully taking it in on thursday!

I've had it for 3 months now. if its resprayed, will it look different to the rest of the car as it may have had time to fade slightly? Or do you think they can do the whole car?
easybreeze
Options: Parking Sensors
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

They'll just colour match it, plus maybe spray some of the boot to help it blend in... Unless it's really noticable - I wouldn't bother... No harm in asking tho :)
Arrived 23rd March '09 - Lovin' it
ryancooke
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

Post by ryancooke »

they wont blend the boot in, the angles are completely different on the boot, if your really fussy then they might have t blend the rear 1/4 panels in, but i wouldnt bother, too much meither, if the place is good enough then they will colour match it easy, just hope they have a vag approved bodyshop that is good enough, our place is great and V.A.G approved but im not sure if im in your area (crewe)
MY CARS IS SOLD 21.5K BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jonny96

Post by Jonny96 »

I'm in Leeds, so i have no idea about any bodyshops round here! I'll see what they say but its starting to sound like its going to be more hassle than its worth!

I'll let you know what the verdict is!

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had the same problem? From other guys it sounds like its most noticable on the salsa red!
RockinRobbie
Options: winter pack.

Post by RockinRobbie »

Hi There
I to have a Salsa Red scirocco and mine has the same effect when you've just washed it!!!!. I work for a large machine manufacturing company and I speak to the guys in the spray paint department on a regular basis. They tell me this effect is because the bumpers are made from plastic a different primer is used to the rest of the car and this gives the top coat a slightly different shade. I had the same problem with my MK5 Golf after I had the lower valance of the rear bumper colour coded it gave the same effect.(Volkswagen also use recycled plastic for there moldings which doe'snt help matters.)
bungle
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Vienna Leather. Folding Mirrors. Parking Sensors. Carpet Mats.

Post by bungle »

I noticed this on my Eos, which was 'silver essence'. The c pillars were a slightly different shade of silver. I thought about getting it looked at, but came to the conclusion that the chances are it would come back exactly the same. Obviously if you're not happy with the standard of the paint finish get it looked at, but if it's just the shading issue, I would leave well alone........