Rattly bag of spanners....

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Pie n chips
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Rattly bag of spanners....

Post by Pie n chips »

And not because its powered by beelzebubs favorite tipple

Is there such a thing as quality control in Portugal?

This morning on the way into work I was treated to the obligatory rear O/S hatch rattle, front scuttle rattle, and oh joy of joys a new one round by the N/S rear seat!
My Mrs old Swift Sport rattled less and that rattled like two skeletons bonking on a tin roof!

Tis driving me mad - onto VW now - sort it!

That is all
Sold up years ago :)
whiteDevil_170
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Re: Rattly bag of spanners....

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Iv got a rattle at the front by windscreen, not sure what it was. Took serviceman out in it and he couldn't hear it.
Now I can hear a rattle coming from back of car , not sure what that is. Going to book it in and leave it with them to sort rattles out. He said could be to do with the car being cold and plastics all hard.. Funny how it makes rattle noises when it's warm day and car is fully warmed up.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Deagol
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking sensors, Winter pack, Black Leather, Flat Tyre indicator, Mudflaps
Pump & Music from another dimension

Post by Deagol »

The rattle in the front - if it's only at a certain number of revs, it might be the bonnet stay vibrating against the bonnet itself. Try this topic link - http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 74#p104054" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for all the others needing to be cold, that sounds like a cop out to me....
Baptised with Aerosmith
SC60_CCO
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Indium Grey
Options: A few ;)

Post by SC60_CCO »

Mines a nightmare at the minute, I've had (and cured) the tailgate rattle, now I've got the wastegate rattle, the windscreen rattle, another one that sounds like its coming from the passenger door but I can't be sure and I drove the other day with both the sun blinds down and they were kicking off a right treat, buzzing all over the place.

VW Portugal factory needs a good kick up the arse, to quote a good old fashioned military phrase, normally associated with webbing (the belt kit worn around the waist containing ammo, grenades, water etc);

"Sounds like a skeleton having a w*nk in a biscuit tin" :p
mordred1973
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
Options: 2nd Jan 10 redroc arrived:GT 2.0TSI, Salsa Red, Xenon's, Winter Pack, Pano Roof, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Leather, Electric Seat, RNS510 Fiscon bluetooth, beep on locking, revo stage 1 and sill protectors

Post by mordred1973 »

its a shame that my 2007 Seat Leon had better build quality than my Scirocco, esp now thew weather is getting colder again, the winter shivver rattles are coming back