Clicking noise and feeling when depressing the clutch

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
TimZA
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Reflex Silver
With a: Manual box
Options: 18' Wheels
Fog Lights

Clicking noise and feeling when depressing the clutch

Post by TimZA »

Hi Guys,

I recently noticed a clicking noise and feeling when I depress the clutch pedal, I can liken it to that of clicking a pen, on my 1.4Tsi

It doesn't seen to have any effect on the performance of the car but it is really irriataing as it happens everytime I push the clutch.

The noise happens again when I release the clutch however it is less noticable.

Anyone having the same problem or have any suggestions?

I'm hoping its just a quick fix.

Thanks
stevenicholl
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Night Blue

Re: Clicking noise and feeling when depressing the clutch

Post by stevenicholl »

Tim,

I noticed this recently on my 2.0TSI. Strange thing is I had never heard it until I got warranty replacement work done on the clutch, after the work was finished the car felt a million times better than ever so I just assumed the 'clicking' I was then hearing was normal. I asked a few others to listen for it but they couldn't hear the click.

If any knows this isn't normal, please let us know so I can bring mine back to the dealer!

Steve
dstill
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: Panoramic sunroof
19 inch Lugano black alloys/pack
RNS 510
Winter pack
Folding mirrors
Reversing sensors
Full interior LED's
Cruise control
Alloy footrest

Post by dstill »

stevenicholl wrote:Tim,

I noticed this recently on my 2.0TSI. Strange thing is I had never heard it until I got warranty replacement work done on the clutch, after the work was finished the car felt a million times better than ever so I just assumed the 'clicking' I was then hearing was normal. I asked a few others to listen for it but they couldn't hear the click.

If any knows this isn't normal, please let us know so I can bring mine back to the dealer!

Steve
I had the same problem, took it back the dealer. They replaced a clutch cylinder or something an itd made no diffference. They checked another Scirocco they had on the forecourt and it was the same so they concluded it must be normal!!!! :(
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

As a guess from the description it sounds like the switch that detects when the clutch is depressed.
phil_790
Options: Multi function steering wheel
Interlargos 18inch wheels
Parking sensors
Exterior badge removal
Colour Screen

Post by phil_790 »

I had an identical issue with my 1.4Tsi, took it back to the garage who decided to replace the clutch pedal assembly inside the car, this has fixed the issue. As they replaced a few different parts they couldn’t say which individual part was the cause of the clicking noise.

Cheers,
Phil
RW1
Legend
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

OK, the fix is now available. The clicking is caused by an interference fit tolerance problem in the clutch pedal assembly.

Solution is a couple of 16mm long felt strip pads cut from 533 867 910A felt adhesive sheet 20mm x 880mm x 1mm, specifically fitted in a certain position on a new Clutch Pedal Mounting part 1K0 721 357A. (Nice to see the old Mk2 scirocco part supporting the Mk3 [533 867 910A]). Clutch pedal comes out and fit the plastic mounting with the felt pads fitted and cut in a certain manor.

Quote TPI 2018689/14 at the dealers - warranty applies.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
tecas
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by tecas »

Hi, can anyone post this TPI document please as I have the same issue with my Golf and am sure it's caused by a little movement of the pedal clip. My VW Dealer can't find the TPI though (they say it's not available for my car). Even so, I know the fix mentioned will fix it...

Thanks.
warrenlord
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by warrenlord »

I also have this, will it cause a problem in the future ??
Gray170TDI
Options: Used to have one

Post by Gray170TDI »

I had this, and had it fixed by VW. Still silky smooth 9 months later
skydemon
In: Deep Black
Options: R line pedals :-)

Post by skydemon »

I have had it also. Half hours work and a pedal assembly adapter. Mine was a warranty job. Sounds pretty common so you may be able to push for it to be done for free as it's clearly a defect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk