Spring Clean

Info about the best cleaning products and detailing.
Paralla
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS 510, Dynaudio, pano roof, dark anthracite satin finished 19" lugano's, cruise control, mudflaps, VW stainless steel sill plates, parking sensors, folding mirrors, 6CD changer, luxury mats, stainless steel pedal covers, 12" Alpine Sub, 1000W Alpine Amp

Spring Clean

Post by Paralla »

Today was the first time I'd ever cleaned a car with anything other than consumer products from Halfords and I have to say it was incredibly satisfying.

Here's what I did:-

Took it to a hand car wash for an inside and out wash for £13, I figured this would save me some time.
Sprayed the whole car with Tardis tar and spot solvent, wiped it with a micro fibre cloth and jet-washed it off.
Sprayed the whole car with Iron-X iron solvent, wiped it with a micro fibre cloth and jet-washed it off.
Applied Werkstat Prime Acrylic with a micro fibre cloth and polished it off with another.
Applied Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger with a micro fibre cloth and polished it off with another. then repeated with another coat.
Applied Werkstat Acrylic Glos with a micro fibre cloth and polished it off with another.
Applied Auto Glym Bumper & Trim Gel to the rubbing strips, window surround and mud flaps.

I was very impressed with the Tardis that melted loads of tar spots of a supposedly "clean" car, it looked really dirty again with all the dissolved tar running down the panels.
The same thing happened with the Iron-X except the whole car turned purple. That stuff is magic!
I had intended to clay bar it after the Iron-X as well but didn't have the resolve to do it this time. Maybe next time.
It was a bit of a mission but it looks great now.

The wheels were already cleaned from a few weeks ago when I put some nano technology coating on them so I didn't do anything to them today other than jet wash them.
darrens_here

Re: Spring Clean

Post by darrens_here »

where ddo you buy all those products?
Paralla
Options: RNS 510, Dynaudio, pano roof, dark anthracite satin finished 19" lugano's, cruise control, mudflaps, VW stainless steel sill plates, parking sensors, folding mirrors, 6CD changer, luxury mats, stainless steel pedal covers, 12" Alpine Sub, 1000W Alpine Amp

Post by Paralla »

Werkstat Acrylic as a kit with micro fibre cloths from a web site called Polished Bliss
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog ... -cat1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Iron x
http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/I ... l#aAQIC500" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tardis
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog ... ardis.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Auto Glym Bumper and Tyre Trim Gel from Halfords
Paralla

Post by Paralla »

Some pics of my clean GT 170
JO7A0118.jpg
JO7A0119.jpg
JO7A0121.jpg
JO7A0122.jpg
JO7A0123.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.