Scared of your Roc?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Shorum
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Shadow Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynaudio

Scared of your Roc?

Post by Shorum »

I've had my car for a year now, and I love it. It's due for its first MOT in a couple of months and has 25k on the clock. It's in absolutely pristine condition, not a mark, scuff or ding. This is what worries me. Every day I expect the inevitable. I hate parking it and coming back to see that someone has parked too close and inspecting for any sign of door ding. I hate giving people lifts and holding my breath when their feet come too close to the door sills or they open their door close to another car. I just know that if/when the inevitable does happen, I will be devastated. Don't get me wrong, I know it's not the end of the world, but the longer it stays in pristine condition, the more nervous I get!

Does anyone else have the same stress, or do I need to see a shrink?!
bitmadmax

Re: Scared of your Roc?

Post by bitmadmax »

Yes, I know how you feel and you are by no means alone.

It's a 2-door car - so that's my excuse for not offering lifts. Also I always park it as far away as possible from other cars (eg at the back of supermarket carparks)

It's not the parking that bothers me.. it's the bloody stones coming up and chipping the paint when folk pull into the gap in front, oh and then not kerbing the alloys.

Damn, if we're going to spend so much time worrying about the damn thing we might as well ride round in a sh*tter :( (but where would the fun be in that?)
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
mat
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: iPhone mount, red footwell lights, led numberplate lights, p-torque tuning (212bhp), Flux lights, Alloy pedals, iPhone mount, Factory bluetooth retrofit, vag-com, Tracker + 3G CCTV

Scared of your Roc?

Post by mat »

You're not alone!! I even take photos of the cars parked next to me - just in case!
animaluus
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic sunroof, Cruise control, Park pilot, Adaptive chassis control, Multi-function display Premium, MEDIA-IN with iPod adapter cable, RCD 510, Dynaudio, Privacy glass, Keyless Access, Mirror package, Winter package

Scared of your Roc?

Post by animaluus »

Relax, you don't need a shrink. I'm exactly the same with my old Golf and will be with my new Scirocco... and it's not only me... my wife it's even worse :). She thinks to buy 2 parking places so we can park our Roc in the middle.
:rlogo:
happymum67
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: rear parking sensors,factory matts.premium sills,rear cupholder,front fogs

Post by happymum67 »

Two spaces? Thats extreme? Well maybe not. I am sick of parking mine away from everybody else only to find on my return,everyone and their granny next to me.Then I have to check the car down both sides as well lol. As if the culprit would still be there eh?
skyblues11
In: Candy White
Options: cruise control, front foglight, Multi.f.steering wheel,
tyre indicator

Post by skyblues11 »

Such behaviour is normal especially with a new car. But give it 3 years and it will eventually fade.

my worst hate is when a woman puts her handbag on the roof, then instead of lifting it, she drags it across the surface.

My view is, to fully enjoy the car, you have to risk it. Imagine you are on a lap around Monaco and you are on course to be the fastest scirocco around the track. would you be bothered if you had clipped the armco and cracks the side mirror, on the way to be the fastest?
mat
Options: iPhone mount, red footwell lights, led numberplate lights, p-torque tuning (212bhp), Flux lights, Alloy pedals, iPhone mount, Factory bluetooth retrofit, vag-com, Tracker + 3G CCTV

Scared of your Roc?

Post by mat »

Now, that's different !! Self inflicted damage is ok-ish, someone else doing it is definitely not!!
gibbsy
In: Indium Grey
Options: Very pretty Cocker Spaniel in the boot

Post by gibbsy »

I know that feeling, I've had with other cars I've owned. After 10 months of ownership I got one mark on the rear bumper when some lazy git let their trolley hit the car instead of returning it to the trolley bay. As for the inside I've always got the dog in the boot, well protected by a HatchBag cover. But if you really want it to look good inside then never let an eight year old grandson anywhere near it. :cry:
Last edited by gibbsy on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deft
In: Indium Grey
Options: Rear parking sensors

Post by Deft »

I've given up - last week I noticed a dent and scuff by our rear wheel arch. Can only think some muppet can't turn into an adjacent parking space without hitting another car! Paint removed on bumper in similar thing. Ding on the front bonnet side which I suspect was a door opening somewhere. I managed about a year before this happened. Thought about getting it all fixed but whats the point! Someone else will just scuff it the next week...... :(
kenti
Options: R-Line Plus, R-Line black leather, Xenon, RCD510 w/Dynaudio, Tinted windows, Safety alarm with sensors inside, Mirror pack, Light pack, Tyre pressure control, DAB, Telepone prep, Media-in, DCC, Parking sensors, Winter pack, 18" Mallory for the winter

Post by kenti »

You are def not alone! :D I always park at the other end of the parking lot :)
Dan_4d

Post by Dan_4d »

Must be a Roc thing! Gets abit annoying when its raining... :p It is a car that is so beautiful it makes its owners to go above and beyond normal behavior :) probably wouldnt do it if i owned anything else
Garry74

Post by Garry74 »

I park in two spaces when i go Tesco and also at work. As well as parking far away from the busy areas. Drives the wife mad.

My heart skips when the local kids start playing football. I check the car before I get in it. Especially when it has been to the dealers.
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

No I think I'm quite normal. Just the usual 3 mega-size rolls of bubble wrap that I always carry around in the boot :D
maq
Options: 19" Black Luganos/Style Pack, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensor, RNS-510 + VIM patch, VW Bluetooth & A2DP, Cruise Control, Aluminium Pedals

Post by maq »

I'll just chip in to say I'm another Roc obsessive who parks at the empty end of car parks, and I've been known to refuse people lifts because they have jeans with 'those' buttons on that ruin nice leather interiors :P

I'm having to learn that in order to enjoy driving the car, it actually requires some wear and tear :) but I still do everything I can to avoid stone chips, bad parkers and the like..

Glad to see I'm in good company :D a problem shared etc etc!
animaluus
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Panoramic sunroof, Cruise control, Park pilot, Adaptive chassis control, Multi-function display Premium, MEDIA-IN with iPod adapter cable, RCD 510, Dynaudio, Privacy glass, Keyless Access, Mirror package, Winter package

Scared of your Roc?

Post by animaluus »

I need to say that this is one of the funniest topic started on this forum. I couldn't really imagine what people are capable of (not) doing to keep their roc in brilliant condition. And I'm glad I'm not the only one out there who passes the normality barrier for my beloved SCIROCCO.
:rlogo:
nuroc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150

Post by nuroc »

I've done most of the above with my Scirocco, including taking photos of anything parked next to it. :D

One day I parked it in town, while I went about my business I passed my car and noticed someone had parked an old Fiat Multipla next to it. Said Fiat had faded (previously red?) paint, and was covered in dents and scratches and had a number of scruffy children in it. I got straight in my car and moved it! By the time I'd got parked again I was 10 minutes late for my next appointment, but it was worth it. :D
Garry74

Post by Garry74 »

maq wrote:I'll just chip in to say I'm another Roc obsessive who parks at the empty end of car parks, and I've been known to refuse people lifts because they have jeans with 'those' buttons on that ruin nice leather interiors :P

I'm having to learn that in order to enjoy driving the car, it actually requires some wear and tear :) but I still do everything I can to avoid stone chips, bad parkers and the like..

Glad to see I'm in good company :D a problem shared etc etc!
Don't say the "chip" word. Cleaned mine today and noticed one on the bonnet :(.

Gutted.
PaulGL79
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
Options: 18 inch interlargos wheels, DAB Radio

Post by PaulGL79 »

I know this is now an older post but realise im not alone, I admit I take extra care of mine as ive had it from new and prefer to keep it that way (i know we all feel like that) Im actually getting worse as mine is now last years brand new car and worry people won't think twice about opening doors onto it etc. as a result i park miles away on an end space close to the kurb. I have to paraell park at work which takes ages as im so careful not to kurb the alloys. The roc seems to be one of the widest cars on sell which doesnt always help in parking spaces etc
dstill
Options: Panoramic sunroof
19 inch Lugano black alloys/pack
RNS 510
Winter pack
Folding mirrors
Reversing sensors
Full interior LED's
Cruise control
Alloy footrest

Post by dstill »

I used to be quite paranoid when i first started buying brand new cars. I bought a MK2 3.2 TT literally the day when they were first released, cost me £33K and i used to worry about all those things. I've now come round to the fact you can only do so much to look after your car. Dont get me wrong its annoying when something/someone damages it but you've just got to accept that these things may happen, as long as you can make the subsequent repairs then thats the best you can hope for and just continue enjoying the car mate. :)