Xenon's canceled until mid 2009!!!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Re: Xenon's canceled until mid 2009!!!

Post by Andy-GTI »

Of course it will be retro fittable, as i have already posted it may not be an offical VW retrofit, but you will be able to get all the parts and do it.
ryancooke
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

Post by ryancooke »

im quite sure you can fit them to a standard car, as we did this in our work a while back to an audi, but will need headlamp washers fitted aswel
MY CARS IS SOLD 21.5K BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rehmondo
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

Yeah to be road legal they need to have headlight washers, which you can get with the winter pack. I have that already I really hope I can get VW original Xenons fitted.
iroc
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

Guy on another forum reckons he's been told that orders will be taken or the xenons from week 4 and deliveries should start week 20
NunoPT
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Sport Pack

Post by NunoPT »

that's like May?
iroc
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

It's a long wait for those that want them.
robrob
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

iroc wrote:It's a long wait for those that want them.
Madness if you ask me.
I went out to but a fun car, not a set of headlights...
NunoPT
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Sport Pack

Post by NunoPT »

it's not a necessary add-on really...
DavidH
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather, Xenons, Dynaudio, Factory Bluetooth and Mats

Post by DavidH »

My xenon equipped car now has a confirmed build week 50 :yes: So the delay turned out to be shorter than expected and hopefully should have the car in January if there's no further delays.Keeping my fingers crossed anyway.Now need to decide if it comes towards the end of jan/early feb whether to wait for the new reg,not sure,just depends how it affects the resale in 3 years time.It may not be a big deal on this particular car.
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

Dealers dont just agree to having cars sitting around for months at the whim of the customer. . . . :rolleyes:
DavidH

Post by DavidH »

Andy-GTI wrote:Dealers dont just agree to having cars sitting around for months at the whim of the customer. . . . :rolleyes:
Probably not for you they don't.Months? You mean 1 month? They've asked me whether i want to wait until March if it arrives a few weeks early.They're more than willing to do that for me,that's why i might have to decide.It's pretty normal actually.Smart arse :D
DavidH

Post by DavidH »

Yes really.No,it's not unlikely.That's what people often do when the car arrives close to the new reg,they wait until the new reg to register it.I've had the option to do that on the last few cars i've bought.I'm not making it up,people do it all the time.
wullie636
In: Salsa Red
Options: dynaudio dab leather mats premium sills

Post by wullie636 »

easy boys! The dealers will keep the car as I too have done it in the past after all especially in the current climate they are prepared to do anything to keep customers. Enjoy the car
DavidH

Post by DavidH »

There's nowt to see here,don't worry.I wasn't ranting to myself,there was a post in between what went missing.Anyway,i'm suprised how patient i've been waiting for this car,quite out of character,i'm normally a complete pita when i've gpot a new car coming.Now it's confirmed i'm starting to get excited and a bit impatient though.Hurry up car!
wullie636
In: Salsa Red
Options: dynaudio dab leather mats premium sills

Post by wullie636 »

no worries I was the same waiting on mine you won't be disappointed when it does arrive but if it arrives in January can you wait till march? I couldn't!
DavidH

Post by DavidH »

Probably not! last car was registered early august,some people say it's silly not to wait but to me the thought of my new car sitting in the lot for a month when i could be driving it seems a bit silly too.The car looking 'newer' with the new reg doesn't concern me one bit,i don't take much notice to that personally (apparantly it's important to some people.)It's just the residual value consideration really.I doubt it'll make much difference really,just need to look into it though.
robrob
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

DavidH wrote:t's just the residual value consideration really.I doubt it'll make much difference really.
It won't.
DIMIK
Options: Xenons, RCD 510, Park Pilot, Tyre Pressure Indicator, Plus Alarm, Sport Package

Post by DIMIK »

Hello from sunny Greece :)

I ve ordered a 1.4 DSG Scirocco with Xenons, park pilot, tyre pressure indicator, Plus alarm, RCD 510, sport package (includes: alcantara seats, black inside roof, Donington rims, metalic pedals).
My order took place at 15 of November, no production date yet (too early maybe) but the dealer informed me (he had an VW memo in front of him) that equipment with Xenons will start in January and the 1.4 with DSG gearbox will start at February.

I just hope to have my Scirocco until April. :?

Just for your information the final cost here in Greece is 27.600 euros with 4 years warranty (2+2 years for 440 euros extra cost) and 1.000 euros discount (global financial breakdown turns good for me :p )
iroc
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

:welcome: DIMIK the long wait begins. At least you have found this forum to help you pass the time away. :kickcan:
robrob

Post by robrob »

DIMIK wrote:park pilot

What's that?