My R-Line TDi project

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
VinceXR
In: Oryx White
With a: Manual box

Re: My R-Line TDi project

Post by VinceXR »

I'd keep the standard wheels, Otherwise I like it!
https://www.facebook.com/Ascalonmetal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
M4CES
In: Candy White

Post by M4CES »

Only got them on last night and the weather is so bad i can't get it cleaned just yet lol

So heres a couple of pics i took last night, have to admit i like these the best out of all the rims i've had on the roc

AaronMc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Black Pack inc 19" Luganos, Piano Black Dash Inserts, Heated Vienna Leather, Dynaudio, Scirocco R Pedals, Parking Sensors, Needle Sweep Activated, Black VW Badges, Debadged, H&R 35mm.

Post by AaronMc »

Looks good mate!

What front bulbs are you running?
robb
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150

Post by robb »

wheels aren't bad but i think you'd be better spending some of your wheel money on a set of coil overs so it actually sits right hah
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

Those wheels look great ! , in fact - your whole car does :yes:

Great job :clap:
Brocky

Post by Brocky »

robb wrote:wheels aren't bad but i think you'd be better spending some of your wheel money on a set of coil overs so it actually sits right hah
"So it actually sits right" ?! :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, your opinion isn't law and people do, in fact, have differring tastes. This is, in essence, the fabric of car modification.

I personally think that a Scirocco dropped with springs alone looks just right, unless you're doing a fair bit of other external modifying and styling along with it. That's my opinion. I wouldn't respond to someone's pictures of their otherwise standard Roc, on coils, by saying something along the lines of "You'd have been better off not spending your money lowering it that much because I think it looks like crap", however.

By all means, state your opinion....but don't criticise a person's taste, just because it's different to your own.

Back on topic; I'm actually not a fan of how the wheels look. In my opinion, they seem a little....'sharp' and don't fit the Roc's curves, if that makes sense. The pic's and the light conditions aren't of the best quality, though, tbf....so I may have a different opinion once I see a few more....and once it's had a bath! :lol:
big al

Post by big al »

Like the Bentleys and the Astons. but the Porsche wheels I'm not a fan of, but I didn't like them on a Porsche either.

I think the wheels would benefit from some good coilovers though, as it looks a bit nose heavy, I have changed wheels many times on my cars, and didn't like them, but then dropped the coils on, and got the stance right and it makes the world of difference, helps the curves of the car, esp as the rear arch is so big, just helps the car flow.

(my bodyshop guy gave the same reply about the T5 mod when he did mine :D )
robb

Post by robb »

Haha sorry brocky no offence meant ! IN MY OPINION ... So on, each to their own were all friends here :)
M4CES

Post by M4CES »

I don't take offence by anyone's comments. Everyone has their own style and ideas.

Personally I would put coilovers on 2moro but this is my work car and I just can't do it to myself. The ride on coilovers is never the same, it's so hard even on soft setting. I had kW v2's on my m3 and it looked lovely but it wasn't enjoyable to drive unless U drove on a perfect flat surface with no bumps or potholes.

So springs on this car was my only option.

Thanks for the comments on the wheels tho.
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

In my opinion I don't like the Porsche wheels at all. And the Aston wheels just doesn't suit the car. I wasn't a fan of the Bentley wheels but after seeing these 2 other wheels I defiantly prefer the bentleys. Put the Bentley wheels back on but with Vw centre caps ;).. Just my personal taste. Long as u like it that's all that matters. Car looks great apart from that!
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
robb

Post by robb »

bit off topic of the wheels but what headlight bulbs do you have there M4CES /
M4CES

Post by M4CES »

Not sure what bulbs they are. It was a Hid kit from kode shop, they advertise on eBay.

He's my pal so I dunno what the cost of the kit normally is or other details etc

Aaron
M4CES

Post by M4CES »

White-devil - Bentleys were sold ages ago, I am always looking out for different rims so these may not stay on too long but I do like them. Think some opinions may change when the car is clean, things always look better when they ain't filthy dirty lol
robb

Post by robb »

ah ok cheers mate, can't really be arsed with kits and that just after nicer looking bulbs haha
M4CES

Post by M4CES »

Couple of clean pics

dchapman32
In: Rising Blue

Post by dchapman32 »

Bring back the Porka's!! Always my favourite :-) But the second pic of the Aston's does show them off very well. Looking good mate.
BenTheWombRaider
In: Deep Black
Options: AP Coilovers, tinted windows, black vw badges, debadged, LED DRL's and interior lights, Vag-com tweaks

Post by BenTheWombRaider »

I tell you what, if you dont have the astons on for long I would happily buy them off you! I think they look really good, would look compliment them more with a bigger drop but fair enough if you dont wanna go too low...I have lowered my car about 65+mm and am forever getting stuck when driving through London for work!
M4CES

Post by M4CES »

Ben - your in the back of my diary for when i come to sell them. Not sure how long i'm gonna keep them tho cos they are my favs out of all of them.

Need to sell the porsche rims now tho !!
AaronMc
Options: Black Pack inc 19" Luganos, Piano Black Dash Inserts, Heated Vienna Leather, Dynaudio, Scirocco R Pedals, Parking Sensors, Needle Sweep Activated, Black VW Badges, Debadged, H&R 35mm.

Post by AaronMc »

I'm still considering them! Can't decide what to do! Speed bump test on the springs is tonight haha!