My first ever car

Everything about the R for potential owners.
eMiL-VR6
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Media-In, RNS 510, Black windows and GIAC Extreme, 300whp+

Re: My first ever car

Post by eMiL-VR6 »

How could you have such a "high" average consumption?

My average consumption is 22mpg and im not driving the car gently. I could'nt even hit those numbers when driving in the city.
And my car is on Stage 2.5+!
L Swifty
In: Candy White
Options: ► Black Leather Seats
► VW RNS-510 Navigation System
► Talladega Wheels in Black

Mods:
► H&R 35mm Lowering Springs
► Evoms Cold Air Intake
► Goodridge Braided Brake Hoses
► Stage 1 Custom Remap - 324BHP
► Forge PCV Delete

Post by L Swifty »

snapey wrote:
Paralla wrote:On the fly map switching seems like an answer to a question nobody was asking. If you wanted to go less fast with the big power map active why not just press the accelerator pedal less?
Exactly!

In the real world, I've noticed next to no difference in fuel burn between stock and Revo Stg 1. What's the difference between stock and 'ECO'? Lean burn? If so, best of luck to you.

My opinion, go for something thats tried and tested (especially when your playing with a £20k+ car).
Last edited by L Swifty on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
L Swifty

Mods:
► Evoms Cold Air Intake
► Forge PCV Delete

Post by L Swifty »

eMiL-VR6 wrote:How could you have such a "high" average consumption?

My average consumption is 22mpg and im not driving the car gently. I could'nt even hit those numbers when driving in the city.
And my car is on Stage 2.5+!
It's all very hilly, loads and loads of traffic and it's not exactly too Farr of a distance to travel so I'm guessing that's the main part as if I'm out in the car at the weekend with different distance to travel It can go up to 25mpg on town driving that's twice the distance to my place of work :p
Paralla
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS 510, Dynaudio, pano roof, dark anthracite satin finished 19" lugano's, cruise control, mudflaps, VW stainless steel sill plates, parking sensors, folding mirrors, 6CD changer, luxury mats, stainless steel pedal covers, 12" Alpine Sub, 1000W Alpine Amp

Post by Paralla »

The ECO map sounds like snake oil to me. Different maps can alter a few things. Ignition timing, fuel injection and boost pressure.

Without changing any of the engine internals how do you think you are going to use less fuel with the ECO map active? Less fuel? Advanced ignition timing? Less boost?

I guess they could soften the throttle response which might save you a bit but not much.

I think you might have drunk the Cool Aid.
L Swifty

Mods:
► Evoms Cold Air Intake
► Forge PCV Delete

Post by L Swifty »

Paralla wrote:The ECO map sounds like snake oil to me. Different maps can alter a few things. Ignition timing, fuel injection and boost pressure.

Without changing any of the engine internals how do you think you are going to use less fuel with the ECO map active? Less fuel? Advanced ignition timing? Less boost?

I guess they could soften the throttle response which might save you a bit but not much.

I think you might have drunk the Cool Aid.
I am not the professional so i wouldn't know, and I'm not trying to start an argument here just going on their word as they are very good at what they do. All I know is what they sent me "All of our development cars have consistently seen an increase in MPG, from around 10-15%. You can expect to see similar gains with your Custom-Code calibration, however depending on how you run your vehicle and the aftermarket components equipped, your results may vary." But a 10 - 15% increase over a 2000 mile trip is good enough for me :p
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

Well you could reduce the power output... anyway I have no experience of custom code products so don't know how they're achieving economy gains across the board.

New cars with manufacturer developed eco modes such as BMW M135 and Merc A45 cut engine power and decrease throttle response in "eco" mode to improve fuel economy. Selection is either via the infotainment system or a button on the gearbox tunnel. Not sure why you would need such a system on the fly with foot control actuation.

Anyway the load cycles a race car engine goes through are very different to the load cycles of a normal road car, particularly with regards to low revs high load situations e.g. normal driving.
feeney
In: Deep Black

Post by feeney »

YOu could always try a bluefin you can change the settings on them? not sure how reliable they are etc!
AaronMc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Black Pack inc 19" Luganos, Piano Black Dash Inserts, Heated Vienna Leather, Dynaudio, Scirocco R Pedals, Parking Sensors, Needle Sweep Activated, Black VW Badges, Debadged, H&R 35mm.

Post by AaronMc »

Lovely mate, what did you pick it up for?
L Swifty

Mods:
► Evoms Cold Air Intake
► Forge PCV Delete

Post by L Swifty »

AaronMc wrote:Lovely mate, what did you pick it up for?
Managed to get it for £20,000 with 1 previous owner and 28k miles :yes:
L Swifty

Mods:
► Evoms Cold Air Intake
► Forge PCV Delete

Post by L Swifty »

Car is now back in my hands with the Custom-Code stage 1 and on the fly map switching. Car now keeps on pulling all the way up to the red line when in stage 1 map mode. The guys also created launch control and a launch map for my manual box car. Can use launch control while in any map mode and will instantly load the launch control map when i do the launch control procedure to get the best possible drag strip times. Car builds a nice amount of boost before launching from standstill. Overall very impressed with the maps they have done.
VinceXR
In: Oryx White

Post by VinceXR »

A band new R at 21... it's alright for some aye! haha. Looks awesome mate, Enjoy it! :D
https://www.facebook.com/Ascalonmetal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;