Scirocco GTS

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
Sciroccogtx16v
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: STCC Edition: Votex front spoiler, side skirts and difuser. Votex rear
"cup" spoiler.Lowering springs eibach OEM. Wrapped in matt black.
Some parts wrapped in carbon. RNS 510. DCC. Tinted windows.

Scirocco GTS

Post by Sciroccogtx16v »

With the new clima control:

http://www.teknikensvarld.se/2012/05/29 ... -rotterna/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fredrik
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Re: Scirocco GTS

Post by RW1 »

Bought one of the original when new in UK. 1,000 GTS's released in April 1985. Exceptional value for what the specification was, fastest purchase I've done from seeing to driving away. Late Friday night one spotted in Halifax still factory waxed up at the dealers, Saturday morning another driven away from Buxton. But it smoked like a trooper for the first 10,000 miles until the engine settled in. Kept it 6 years as it was such a good car overall.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Kev
Administrator
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

Here's the blurb in English

In honor of the Mark II Scirocco GTS from 30 years ago, Volkswagen has revealed the Scirocco GTS for the latest third generation at Auto Mobil International (AMI) in Leipzig, Germany.

Equipped with a 2.0-liter turbo engine that produces 210 HP (155 kW / 201 bhp), the Scirocco GTS recalls the sporty racing style of the 70s and 80s with racing stripes that cover the hood, roof, roof spoiler and even tailgate. It also features special design front and rear bumpers, flared side skirts, body-color side moldings, matching mirror caps to the racing stripes, glossy 18-inch "Thunder" alloy wheels with black trim, red painted brake calipers and GTS badges on the fenders. The rear diffuser and roof spoiler are taken directyl from the more powerful Scirocco R.

The interior features black leather seats with red trim accents and stitching plus the famous golf ball shift knob returns just as it was in the first Golf GTI, but also in the 1982 Scirocco GTS.

andy_m
In: Deep Black

Post by andy_m »

I like the wheels
too hot
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: DAB Radio,Dynaudio Speakers,Lots of LED lights,Scirocco mats,Eibach springs.premium sills.19"BBS CK, REVO,Front window tints.

Post by too hot »

Let me think about it............... er NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :D :D :D :D
REVO VIPER 2.0 TSI
bianco
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Post by bianco »

Lets make the Scirocco look like a Golf GTI...
Why?
Johlsson
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Viper Green
Options: * Premium Package
* Sports Package
* Titan Black (Catch up)
* Interlagos 8x18
* DynAudio
* Climatronic

Post by Johlsson »

I do like the interior, even if it's "GTI influenced", but I can't disagree with the black and red stitching. :yes:
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Why? - Simple, its a method for boosting sales. The others in the run-out models will be the Scirocco likely to see Storm, Tropic, White Cat & Scala The other names were too American or singular specials to specific countries.
http://website.lineone.net/~dr.dub/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bottom line is they can be good value for money when looking at the standard line up.

Exclusive is another issued to boost sale that were slowing in Germany about 18 months ago.

We've had White Cat in in guise of Onyx White in 2009 as the Collector's Edition.
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... onyx#p3484" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2 years ago, Scirocco were assigned owners within a month of being built. Now its getting on for 3 to 4 months. Some of that is Far East & Australian markets and the shipment times, but there is a marked change generally. Hence some pepping up with specials, hope there are more to come.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

Well I usually love black with red detailing but it seems to have been overdone in this case.
Everything else, especially the wheels, the stripes and those red wing mirrors is a big NO for me :no:
Deagol
Options: Parking sensors, Winter pack, Black Leather, Flat Tyre indicator, Mudflaps
Pump & Music from another dimension

Post by Deagol »

Here's hoping we don't ever get a Scirocco Match - then we'll know it being changed.

(And when might VW revamp the Corrado?)
Baptised with Aerosmith
RW1
Legend

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Corrado = Dodo...... never again. (Not the car design of the 1990's, just a dead model name).

C.
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

all this is leaving me wondering whether go for a new Roc now or hang on see what special edition might come out :? :rolleyes:
Ian_Mac
Options: 19" Lugano's, RNS 510, Leather, Winter Pack, Reverse Sensors, Electric Seats, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Xenons, Electric Folding Mirrors, Metal Pedals. Sadly gone now. :-(

Scirocco GTS

Post by Ian_Mac »

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/volksw ... ?imageNo=6

I like the red detail inside and the calipers but the rest I'll pass on. 8)
Deacon
Options: Tuned 1.4tsi - gone but not forgotten!

Post by Deacon »

Not so keen on the wheels but I like the rest.
playing in my '86
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

I like the red interior touches and the ed35 gear shift, rest is a bit half arsed
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
raffoul232
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

Question about the ac unit. Will this be the new one for all the vw line up, or just for th epassat golf and scirocco. I personally dont like it. It seems they went back to the mk5 model with these sort of knobs. I prefer the one that is out now.
ALL MODS ON HOLD
gibbsy
In: Indium Grey
Options: Very pretty Cocker Spaniel in the boot

Post by gibbsy »

:no: :no: Sorry, not for me. The Scirocco is a good looking car, one of the reasons I bought one. Why give it a 'boy racer' image, the overall design of the car is much more grown up than that. I prefer to walk softly and carry a big stick.
Withnail

Post by Withnail »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not entirely sure. Just don't like the paintwork. It looks fabulous but I can't decide whether I want it to look better.

I think the Rocco has a self assured arrogance about it (which is why I bought one).
ZephyR

Post by ZephyR »

gibbsy wrote::no: :no: Sorry, not for me. The Scirocco is a good looking car, one of the reasons I bought one. Why give it a 'boy racer' image, the overall design of the car is much more grown up than that. I prefer to walk softly and carry a big stick.
Good point well made :yes:

Some special editions are clearly no more than a standard model loaded with extras, like the Match and that's fine. But when a special edition name suggests that it has enhanced performance abilities, such as Sport, S, GT or R etc., then there ought to be some genuine performance or handling improvements over the standard model. Just bolting on a spoiler and slapping on some stripes and adding an "S" is something any boy racer can do in Halfords.
Maybe there's more to be revealed yet.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

raffoul232 wrote:Question about the ac unit. Will this be the new one for all the vw line up, or just for th epassat golf and scirocco. I personally dont like it. It seems they went back to the mk5 model with these sort of knobs. I prefer the one that is out now.
i have to say i don't like the ergonomics of the current system which is no where near as good to operate as the mk5 type system and has less control on temps, i'll probably retrofit the new one in my golf for these reasons that it looks easier to adjust when on the move
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2