Candy White 1.4 TSI from Finland

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Mikko
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Cruise control, Climatronic, RCD-510, media-in, VW soundsystem, reversing camera, bluetooth, sport pack, mirror pack, winter pack, Savannah 19" / Interlagos 18"

Post by Mikko »

Have been lurking here behind the screen, reading your posts, but said not too much before. So I decided to present you my car - my candy white Scirocco I bought new just about a year ago. The car is 1.4 TSI twincharged with DSG with some goodies from the factory (cruise control, Climatronic, RCD-510, media-in, reversing camera, sport pack, mirror pack, winter pack, and TSI badge deletion). I also have set of Interlagos wheels for summer and some ugly Simas for winter, and some subtle mods done through the way.

Then some more pictures, so here's the car last December when I got it.

Then the spring came and I got the summer wheels and some quality wax on...

... as well as Skoda Yeti exhaust tips.

Then the car got lowered using OEM (Eibach) lowering springs and at the same time had GTI footrest installed (sorry, no picture for that).

And finally, a week or two ago installed some new lighting. First, new bulbs for headlights (Osram Nightbreaker Plus), then OEM register plate LEDs and finally R rear lights.

Next year some new wheels (19", Savannah or Sagitta) for the summer and Interlagoses for winter. Possibly replace the rear bumper with R-line one. :)
Johlsson
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: * Premium Package
* Sports Package
* Titan Black (Catch up)
* Interlagos 8x18
* DynAudio
* Climatronic

Re: Candy White 1.4 TSI from Finland

Post by Johlsson »

Daaaayum, nice photos! I love the first one!
matteeee
Options: DCC, RCD-510, Panorama roof
Window tint
8,5x19" ET35 Audi A5 wheels
Devil Eyes LED head lights
H&R 35mm lowering springs

Post by matteeee »

Hello "neighbour". Love your ride (close to my own :) ) and the pics!

/Sweden
yeah
In: Rising Blue

Post by yeah »

it is very nice..great job man..this is how every scirocco has to be..
skippy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Just seen these, fantastic pics, need to try and polish mine to that standard!
Mikko
Options: Cruise control, Climatronic, RCD-510, media-in, VW soundsystem, reversing camera, bluetooth, sport pack, mirror pack, winter pack, Savannah 19" / Interlagos 18"

Post by Mikko »

Thanks you all! Did some more polishing last week. :D
Just a regular six hour wash, including claying and all, but I did try Poorboy's White Diamond for the first time. Topped it with Collinite 476s. Hope this will last until the spring arrives. I'm very impressed with this stuff, filled the small scratches nicely.

Mikko

Post by Mikko »

New wheels! :clap:

Kennowaybino

Post by Kennowaybino »

Looks good mate, what style are your alloys ?
kenti
In: Deep Black
Options: R-Line Plus, R-Line black leather, Xenon, RCD510 w/Dynaudio, Tinted windows, Safety alarm with sensors inside, Mirror pack, Light pack, Tyre pressure control, DAB, Telepone prep, Media-in, DCC, Parking sensors, Winter pack, 18" Mallory for the winter

Post by kenti »

Nice alloys ;)
Those are VW Savannahs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mikko

Post by Mikko »

I knew Kenti would like those. :) New wheels are on hold right now, though. The service guys have to first complete an unexpected and unwanted mod - a new twin-clutch and maybe the rest of the gearbox as well. It was fun while it lasted... for a just over year and 19 000 kilometres. :yes:
kenti
In: Deep Black
Options: R-Line Plus, R-Line black leather, Xenon, RCD510 w/Dynaudio, Tinted windows, Safety alarm with sensors inside, Mirror pack, Light pack, Tyre pressure control, DAB, Telepone prep, Media-in, DCC, Parking sensors, Winter pack, 18" Mallory for the winter

Post by kenti »

What happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mikko

Post by Mikko »

DSG happened. :) Nothing special, doesn't change properly between 1st and 2nd gear. The car was inspected and they found out the twin-clutch to be faulty. When they have replaced that they will see if the mechatronics unit is gone too. I'm clad that everything is covered by warranty, they will even give me a rental car for free during the repairs.

The car hasn't been fault free otherwise either, it has gone through several repairs, fog light panel, a speaker and headlight washer have been replaced, along with many smaller bits and pieces. Now it seems that the climatronic is missbehaving as well... Such a beutiful and fun to drive car, I can easily live with little shortcomings. :D
Mikko

Post by Mikko »

Set of ContiSportContact 5P tyres arrived finally today. I try to get them fitted on the alloys this week, then some OptiCoat 2.0 for protection and finally change them on the car. Can't wait. :)
the_winner
Options: Sport and Style Package ,Parktronic Sensors, Alarm

Post by the_winner »

The DSG is ok now?
So many DSG7 with tha same problem, i am scaring ....
Mikko

Post by Mikko »

The twin-clutch in DSG was replaced by the dealer and costs covered by warranty. The car works like a charm again. The new clutch is said to be an improved version, I can only hope that it lasts longer than the previous one.
Mikko

Post by Mikko »

One step forward. The tyres are on. :)
I don't know if they stretch a little too much for my liking. Will probably look just fine when on my car. Anyway, next a proper wash and then OptiCoat 2.0.

Nordisc
Options: Sunroof, Xenon, Park Distance Control, Rear Assist Camera, hands free equipment, and much more.

Post by Nordisc »

I`m looking forward to see these nice wheels on your car. Pictures!! :clap:
Ericske
In: Night Blue
Options: Black Leather VIENNA, RNS510 / Dynaudio / MDI for iPod / Bluetooth, Light Assist, XDS, 18" Interlagos, sunroof, CruiseControl, boardcomputer Premium, electronic airco, folding mirrors, no badges and a bunch of other stuff i can't (yet) translate.. ;)

Post by Ericske »

Exellent car and photography, Mikko...lookin' forward to the ones with the wheels fitted..
Nice job !!...
Ordered: 14/01/12 - Build: 16/02/12 - Arrival in Brussels: 16/03/12 - First time drive: 30/04/12

Ericske's Rocco
Mikko

Post by Mikko »

Still with the old wheels. I was about to fit them today, but only found out that the weights had fallen off of one of the wheels. Maybe I'll get that one wheel sorted out tomorrow and can fit the wheels at evening. Opti Coat 2.0 worked out very well, by the way. The alloys remained matte but got some slight sparkle and depth. I really like the finish I got, will take some pictures when fitted to the car.

Anyway, we had a small meet with fellow Scirocco drivers last week. I took some pictures. :)

Mikko

Post by Mikko »

New wheels! :D

Last edited by Mikko on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.