Feedback on a Candy 61

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Rated
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19" BBS, H&R springs, APR exhaust, APR remap, (330 break), air intake, tinted rear windows, tinted headlights, roof wrap, red leather interior, recaro seats

Feedback on a Candy 61

Post by Rated »

Hey all,
So far i've changed the rims to 19" wolfrace, tinted the windows & headlights, added the red strip mod to the grill, got the roof wrapped, sprayed the mirrors black and painted the calipers red. Thinking about getting it lowered but the roads around where i live are terrible so I'm unsure. Any suggestions what i could do next? :hyper:

Nikken
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
Options: Brembo breaks, xenon,19" wheels,tuning,GTpackage.

Re: Feedback on a Candy 61

Post by Nikken »

Nice car bro :)
your car will look much nicer lowered !
i got coilovers on mine, and i love it and You can raise and lower it as much as you want. just a tip :)

check out my topic :)
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

get it lowered.....
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Rated
Options: 19" BBS, H&R springs, APR exhaust, APR remap, (330 break), air intake, tinted rear windows, tinted headlights, roof wrap, red leather interior, recaro seats

Post by Rated »

can you post a link to your lowering topic nikken?
Nikken
In: Salsa Red
Options: Brembo breaks, xenon,19" wheels,tuning,GTpackage.

Post by Nikken »

Rated wrote:can you post a link to your lowering topic nikken?
hi mate, here is the link to my topic :) http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=11021" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kennowaybino

Post by Kennowaybino »

Your car looks great mate, like the wheels, they easy to source :yes:
Rated

Post by Rated »

Thanks Nikken & nice rocco you have there, love the black wheels :)

Glad you like the car kennowaybino. Got the wheels from this seller - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19-WOLFRACE-G ... 33742d98db" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Got the car remapped today, it's now rapid. Would recommend to anyone getting it remapped to a performance spec, makes a huge difference
sciroccorocket
Options: Parking Sensors Pano roof Sat Nav

Post by sciroccorocket »

Great looking car but i would say that as i have a candy

Rated

Post by Rated »

Nice wheels sciroccorocket - they look a ton better than the originals. One of the reasons that put me off buying an R was the alloys, but with a respray they look great!
sciroccorocket
Options: Parking Sensors Pano roof Sat Nav

Post by sciroccorocket »

Rated wrote:Nice wheels sciroccorocket - they look a ton better than the originals. One of the reasons that put me off buying an R was the alloys, but with a respray they look great!

Thanks I'm pleased with them and they only cost £100 to get painted
Rated

Post by Rated »

@Kennowaybino - i can't reply to your PM, looks like i'm too new to private message on this forum, strange setting. I got my remap for £245 so i think your being over charged with your quote. And i would definitely recommend getting the wheels :)
Kennowaybino

Post by Kennowaybino »

Cheers mate
Massipet
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking sensors, Leather

Post by Massipet »

Hi Rated. Thinking of a remap myself who did you use?
Rated

Post by Rated »

I went with http://www.apr-remaps.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but if your car is 08+ id let him know because he had quite a lot of trouble doing mine, he ended up driving the ECU down to york to get it done. So you might be better asking him for his mates number in york and going directly there instead.
kenti
Options: R-Line Plus, R-Line black leather, Xenon, RCD510 w/Dynaudio, Tinted windows, Safety alarm with sensors inside, Mirror pack, Light pack, Tyre pressure control, DAB, Telepone prep, Media-in, DCC, Parking sensors, Winter pack, 18" Mallory for the winter

Post by kenti »

Rated wrote:Nice wheels sciroccorocket - they look a ton better than the originals. One of the reasons that put me off buying an R was the alloys, but with a respray they look great!
Because of the alloys?? :eyepop: :eyepop: Those are the most easy thing to change :)

Congrats with the ride, btw. Looks good, but needs lowering :yes:
Rated

Post by Rated »

kenti wrote:Because of the alloys?? :eyepop: :eyepop: Those are the most easy thing to change :)
I know and i ended up changing the wheels anyways! :cry:

In terms of lowering the car, did you notify your insurance about it? that's whats stopping me atm the insurer i'm with doesn't cover any modifications at all, to get insured with the modifications i have currently + lowering would cost £800 more a year.
kenti
Options: R-Line Plus, R-Line black leather, Xenon, RCD510 w/Dynaudio, Tinted windows, Safety alarm with sensors inside, Mirror pack, Light pack, Tyre pressure control, DAB, Telepone prep, Media-in, DCC, Parking sensors, Winter pack, 18" Mallory for the winter

Post by kenti »

Hehe, that's a bummer. All though you saved a couple of bucks by not going for the "R"..

I believe we have a different insurance system here in Norway. My lowering springs are TÜV certified, and I have gotten them approved on my car's papers.
Ryy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Get rid of those badges on the back! (No, not the VW one!)