Scirocco R Line now on VW UK site

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
ZephyR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Re: Scirocco R Line now on VW UK site

Post by ZephyR »

DeepBlack wrote:I'm about to cancel my order. In the last 10 days my car has gone back 6 weeks from week 20 to 26.

A car I ordered on Jan 14th now due for delivery mid August, and I have no idea if that will move again. VW have been a joke and my dealer has no been no use whatsoever. I'll take my £25k somewhere else thank you very much!
That's terrible :eek:
Problem is you could still end up waiting weeks elsewhere.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

DeepBlack wrote:I'm about to cancel my order. In the last 10 days my car has gone back 6 weeks from week 20 to 26.

A car I ordered on Jan 14th now due for delivery mid August, and I have no idea if that will move again. VW have been a joke and my dealer has no been no use whatsoever. I'll take my £25k somewhere else thank you very much!
i'd be sceptical about whether your dealer had allocation at the time of order (and when VW acknowledged the dealer order) my first question is have you got allocation (or allocation within the group) before cutting a deal and paying a deposit
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
DeepBlack
Options: Dynaudio Sound Upgrade

Post by DeepBlack »

I went in to see the dealer today as I was in the area, firstly I wanted to let them know I would be writing to VW to complain about the situation, and secondly to check the situation with cancelling my order.

I had an interesting chat with used car sales manager (the new car sales manager was not there today), he said that when VW changed the spec of the Scirocco they basically shut the factory down for a period of time to allow them to change some of the production lines to make building the new spec more efficient. Dealers were not aware of this happening until it actually happened, and it's meant they are currently dealing with a large number of disgruntled Rocco customers who awaiting deliveries and seeing their build weeks being pushed back. Also, as some of the production lines were not updated, when the lines become clear of orders for old spec Rocco's they are then shutting these lines down to update them. So the whole factory has for the last few weeks been going through an overhaul.

He said the factory is now pretty much back to full speed and they will have a whole heap of orders that they will now be ploughing their way through and getting the build weeks sorted out. He said one customer who has an order with them had his car jump forward 5 weeks last week.

I'm still gonna complain, and give it a few more weeks to see a) what their response is, and b) if the build week moves forward.

Fingers crossed!
RW1
Legend
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

An interesting one there DeepBlack from your chappie, cos the ships have been calling as usual without a break in the sailing schedules to pick up production.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I would give your dealer 7/10 for that story :-)

Sadly, it's just the way it is these days if you order any VAG car.
stunt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
Options: Parking Sensors , Dynaudio

Post by stunt »

All this fuss about the R line . Its a sheep in wolfs clothing.
VIPER 2.0 TSI
DeepBlack

Post by DeepBlack »

Can someone clear up with the situation with the MDI cable? If I add the Dynaudio upgrade on the website the info says you get the RNS510 and an AUX in socket, have they also taken away the MDI cable now as this is something I was desperate to have!
skippy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

DeepBlack wrote:Can someone clear up with the situation with the MDI cable? If I add the Dynaudio upgrade on the website the info says you get the RNS510 and an AUX in socket, have they also taken away the MDI cable now as this is something I was desperate to have!
As far as I am aware, you should get the MDI cable with the car. This thread may explain http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... ble#p78683" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I remember it was an issue when the Roc was first out with iPod cables not being provided with the car, it seemed that some dealers were confused with what should come supplied. I remember I had to tell my dealer about it prior to delivery.
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

From the April 12 price list:
RNS 510 touch-screen navigation/DVD radio system with integrated voice control and ‘Dynaudio’ soundpack
Voice activated control system – responds to spoken voice commands for navigation, CD and radio functions. With 61⁄2" colour screen, 30 GB hard drive with preloaded navigation data, SD card reader, MP3, WMA and DVD video data files compatibility and AUX-in socket for connection to an external multimedia source (e.g. iPod and MP3 player). Including 8 channel digital
amplifier, 300 watt output with 8 speakers £995.83 ex vat, £1,195.00 inc vat.

Thus dynaudio is possible with MDI.

The next option down is RNS 510 touch-screen navigation/DVD radio system with integrated voice control and ‘Dynaudio’ soundpack and 6 CD autochanger £1,195.83 ex vat, £1,435.00 inc vat.
DeepBlack

Post by DeepBlack »

Glad I will get the MDI cable.

My complaint letter went off to VW yesterday, 3 pages long outlinging all the hassle I have had and how they have taken all the excitement out of buying this car. I have asked them to respond within 14 days stating I either expect compensation for the additional costs of running my car past May (it's due a timing belt change in July which is why I asked for delivery in May), or a hire car to cover the period between my requested delivery date and the actual delivery date.

Will let you know what they come back with. I am thinking of just cancelling the order and buying a nice 07 plate Boxster S I have seen :)
chp
In: Reflex Silver

Post by chp »

b0rk wrote:From the April 12 price list:
RNS 510 touch-screen navigation/DVD radio system with integrated voice control and ‘Dynaudio’ soundpack
Voice activated control system – responds to spoken voice commands for navigation, CD and radio functions. With 61⁄2" colour screen, 30 GB hard drive with preloaded navigation data, SD card reader, MP3, WMA and DVD video data files compatibility and AUX-in socket for connection to an external multimedia source (e.g. iPod and MP3 player). Including 8 channel digital

As I read it that specification seems to only mention an AUX-in connection for external media sources. No mention of an MDI.

CP
Nickell
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Leather, Nav, Parking Sensors, Factory De-badge. H&R -35 springs, Premium Mats, Boot Liner, Full interior LED swap, LED sides/No plate.
Coming Mods: Covered cup holder, covered storage cubby, R32 Spun Alloy dash trim, Slatted/Painted lower grille swap. Retrofit Cruise, OEM Alloy Pedals.

Post by Nickell »

My GT 2.0 TDi has just been delived this morning, and to my great surprise and pleasure has the new spec with Leather and RNS 315 nav!!

As it is a new company car supplied through a lease co, I had no direct communication with the dealer etc, and as it was ordered in Feb I assumed I would have missed the upgrade and got the 'old spec'?! Looks like I just sneaked in and got one of the first of the upgraded models?

Very happy anyway!! :D
DeepBlack

Post by DeepBlack »

chp wrote:
b0rk wrote:From the April 12 price list:

As I read it that specification seems to only mention an AUX-in connection for external media sources. No mention of an MDI.

CP
The MDI is listed separately in the standard spec list, so unless you add the DVD Sat Nav you get it regardless.
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

chp wrote: As I read it that specification seems to only mention an AUX-in connection for external media sources. No mention of an MDI.
The specification only mentions additions and deletions from the standard spec. The mentioned Aux-in socket is an addition to standard specification as RNS315 does not include a separate aux-in port in the lower armrest.
Keithp
In: Indium Grey
Options: Xenons
DAB
Dynaudio
Leather

Post by Keithp »

Ok so after telling the dealer that I will pay extra for the RNS510 (I don't like the look of the 310), the only way VW can confirm it will come with the 510, is to scrap the order and start again. And there's no way I'm doing that a I ordered the car at the on the 25th of Jan. So the dealer is now looking into changing it when it gets here, if it comes with the 310. The way things are going who knows what will end up with :shrug:
DeepBlack

Post by DeepBlack »

Cancelled my order today, done with VW. Picking up a Boxster 3.4S on Friday
Keithp
In: Indium Grey
Options: Xenons
DAB
Dynaudio
Leather

Post by Keithp »

Keithp wrote:Ok so after telling the dealer that I will pay extra for the RNS510 (I don't like the look of the 310), the only way VW can confirm it will come with the 510, is to scrap the order and start again. And there's no way I'm doing that a I ordered the car at the on the 25th of Jan. So the dealer is now looking into changing it when it gets here, if it comes with the 310. The way things are going who knows what will end up with :shrug:

So the dealer phones me to say that there is no way they can change the stereo when the car arrives, and they haven't managed to change the order at the factory. So as I said above the only thing they can do is to scrap that order, VW UK are going to fast track the new order and give me a hire car from when I should have received the original order (end of may) and when I get the new one, end of June (so they say). Still not great for a car ordered at the end of Jan