Scirocco R Line now on VW UK site

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
dunbruin
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Pyramid Gold
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro seats
Panoramic roof

Re: Scirocco R Line now on VW UK site

Post by dunbruin »

Hmm. It looks like the dealers are just as confused as the rest of us.

I spoke to mine today and got good news. I placed my order at the end of March when the 4.7%/£100 deposit finance deal was in place and ordered a 170 in Indium Grey with leather. So, I still get the spec I ordered, on the terms I originally signed up for, gain the sat nav and get a discount off the original price as the leather is no longer an option. (The discount isn't the full cost of the leather, though, as the base price of the car went up by about £500, but I still get over £1000 back).

I'm happy with that...now, where's that options brochure...?
ZephyR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

It does appear to be a real mess. Looking at the VW site there are several Winter pack options. If you chooses the Winter pack at £380 then you get the issue you describe but if you choose the Winter pack in conjunction with leather (£275) you don't get that conflict.
The difference between the 2 packs seems to be the heater seats. But I think the leather seats are heated anyway so select the £275 pack and away you go !
DeepBlack
Options: Dynaudio Sound Upgrade

Post by DeepBlack »

ZephyR wrote:It does appear to be a real mess. Looking at the VW site there are several Winter pack options. If you chooses the Winter pack at £380 then you get the issue you describe but if you choose the Winter pack in conjunction with leather (£275) you don't get that conflict.
The difference between the 2 packs seems to be the heater seats. But I think the leather seats are heated anyway so select the £275 pack and away you go !
Was just coming back on to post this as was going through the configuration again, at least that solves that issue.

Now I just have to get to the bottom of the Dynaudio thing, seems weird that adding the Dynaudio means you HAVE to have the 510 stereo and then you can't have sat nav as standard.
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

Any of the audio upgrades, apart from DAB, take you from the RNS 315 up to the RCD 510 or RNS 510.
Specifying a 6 disc CD changer with the RNS 510 means you lose your MDI in the centre console as that's where the CD changer goes.
panrafal

Post by panrafal »

The problems You have are certainly not because something can't be done in the factory, because the specs didn't change in every other country. I wouldn't mind a discount, or additional extras on my order, but in my country there were no changes for about a year...
jimma1983
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey
Options: DAB tuner, Dynaudio Sound Pack, Smoking Pack

Post by jimma1983 »

DeepBlack wrote:
ZephyR wrote: Now I just have to get to the bottom of the Dynaudio thing, seems weird that adding the Dynaudio means you HAVE to have the 510 stereo and then you can't have sat nav as standard.
Does seem a bit strange, but in my opinion, having the dynaudio is worth losing the sat nav. You can pick up a garmin for almost next to nothing, and they are leaps and bounds better than the integrated VW units. Plus you can take it with you and use it in other cars. I also think the 510 looks a lot better than the 315 anyway.
DeepBlack

Post by DeepBlack »

I agree about the 510 over the 315, and I definitely want Dynaudio.

I'm going to write to VW and complain anyway cos it's going to take more than 6 months to deliver my car at this rate and that is a joke. I'm going to ask for the full audio system as a gesture of goodwill. 510, with Dynaudio, nav and mdi cable! Not bothered about the 6 disc changer.
animaluus
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic sunroof, Cruise control, Park pilot, Adaptive chassis control, Multi-function display Premium, MEDIA-IN with iPod adapter cable, RCD 510, Dynaudio, Privacy glass, Keyless Access, Mirror package, Winter package

Scirocco R Line now on VW UK site

Post by animaluus »

As far as I know, the 6 cd changer comes with RCD510.
:rlogo:
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Capture.JPG
No RCD510 in UK :shake: as of 2nd April 2012.

C.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Keithp
Options: Xenons
DAB
Dynaudio
Leather

Post by Keithp »

RW1 wrote:
Capture.JPG
No RCD510 in UK :shake: as of 2nd April 2012.

C.

Thats what i was told as well. Thats why i have upgraded to the RNS510, only thing is i will lose DAB. But i dont like the look of the 310, and its only a very basic sat nav.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

probably the biggest shake up of UK specs we have seen, strange they have ditched the RCD510 as is a cracking bit of kit (especially when linked to bluetooth) and was one of the first boxes ticked on the GTI

leather is the usual mid life upgrade, have to say its worn better than i expected over three years, issue is VW don't give us Brits as much choice (i wanted the Ed35 alcantara interior but VW wouldn't budge)

R-Line is long overdue addition but no rising blue, have to admit more than happy with my new choice especially seeing these changes
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
jimma1983
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: DAB tuner, Dynaudio Sound Pack, Smoking Pack

Post by jimma1983 »

As the RCD510 is no longer available then one of the upgrades they should have done this time is to make the DAB radio be available with the RNS510! If it was then it would be worth spending the £440 to upgrade from the 315. But I do agree that ditching of the RCD510 is a bit of a strange move.
DeepBlack

Post by DeepBlack »

animaluus wrote:As far as I know, the 6 cd changer comes with RCD510.
As far as I was told by my dealer, if you have Nav with the RCD510 the cd changer system goes in the armrest, and then you lose the MDI cable.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

DeepBlack wrote:
animaluus wrote:As far as I know, the 6 cd changer comes with RCD510.
As far as I was told by my dealer, if you have Nav with the RCD510 the cd changer system goes in the armrest, and then you lose the MDI cable.
The nav is Not the RCD510 the nav is the RNS510 model

In the rcd510 it has the 6cd changed built into the headunit hence with that you got the mdi (in the armrest) with the cd changer, with the nav (rns510) the nav takes the space in the headunit so the armrest can fit the changer Or the mdi, hence with the RNS510 nav you can't have both
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

jimma1983 wrote:As the RCD510 is no longer available then one of the upgrades they should have done this time is to make the DAB radio be available with the RNS510! If it was then it would be worth spending the £440 to upgrade from the 315. But I do agree that ditching of the RCD510 is a bit of a strange move.
A DAB enabled version of RNS510 is supposedly due sonetime soon having been spotted as a development unit.

To clear up some other confusion:
RNS315 does not have preamp outputs so can't be hooked up to a external amp (dynaudio).
RCD510 has an internal 6 disk multichanger allowing MDI to also be fitted, also preamp outputs are present so an external amplifier can be attached.
RNS510 does not have an internal multichanger so the external (armrest) multichanger can not be specified with MDI, there is only a single connector socket on the back of the unit.
Keithp
Options: Xenons
DAB
Dynaudio
Leather

Post by Keithp »

It's really strange because if you configure the car on VW website, and look at the Dynaudio option it says it replaces the 310 for the RCD510, but as RW1 points out and as i was told by my main dealer the RCD510 is no longer available.

I'm starting to wonder if i have made the right decision going back to VW after a 4 year break.

I ordered my car at the end of Jan, and after waiting 4weeks to get a build week of 19, it then went down to 18. so was hoping to have the car mid May (i think).
Now they have changed the spec of the car and whilst its nice to be getting the money back for the leather, i'm a bit gutted about the R-Line as the only thing on the GT i'm not that keen on is the rubber strip along the door, but didnt want to go for the "R".

Now we have confusion over the stereo. And to top it all the system is now not even showing a build week for my car.

Come on VW sort yourselves out. :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

VW (UK)'s configurator has in the past been unreliable and at odds with the printed price list. I would trust the price list 1st which is why I pinned it up.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Cool Hand Luke
In: Viper Green
Options: Leather interior, Sat Nav, Reversing Sensors, Climate Control, DSG Gearbox,
Foot Mats, Multi Function Steering Wheel, 18" Interlagos, Door Sills..

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

I ordered my ROC 2.0 TDI 140 GT B/M in January and I am still awaiting a build week.

Firstly it was given the 20th of April, then it went out to the 2nd week in May, now I am told it will be 1st week in June, but is still not confirmed, So I still haven't had a confirmed build week :0(. I got really pissed off and called VW customer Service and managed to haggle reversing sensors for free, so I thought 4 weeks late but I got £360 extra for free okay nice touch but to be honest I think the Roc should have these as standard due to poor viability and incase the wife stuffs it lol

Now I am reading that the GT spec is coming as standard with leather ;0) I like the sound if that, but loosing the RCD510..?? Does this mean a poorer system is replacing it..??

Does this also mean I could get leather in my ROC..??

Should I contact the dealer or C/Service to confirm what us what..??

Sounds to me the ROC is being replaced with a new model mk4. Ford do this when coming to the end of a model, load up the last of the old shape with extras and decrease prices to offload them.

I just want my ROC ASAP soooo frustrated with all the bullshit from the dealer, who I have totally lost all confidence in :0(

If anyone can shine any light on my questions above I would really appreciate it, this forum has more information than my dealer or should I rename them stealer..!! (There as much use as a "Fart in a space suit".
RoboDoll
Options: Front Fogs, Tinted glass, panoramic sunroof, Sat Nav, door sills, mudflaps etc

Personal Registration Plate: SC03OCO

Post by RoboDoll »

RoboDoll wrote:
RoboDoll wrote:Just checking with my dealer now on my ordered 1.4 which now comes with options I had to pay extra for and the base price has dropped - we will see!!
He has now got back to me on my !.4 ordered model - my £1230 negotiated discount will still be honored and I will get a £770 refund for the now standard sat-nav and MF steering wheel.

He is also investigating whether I will also get £420 back as the model price has dropped but I see from some posts that this is perhaps unlikely?

Still - £770 cheaper on top of a £1230 discount is what I call a RESULT!!
LATEST NEWS - will also get the £420 off the base price so total savings are now:

£1230 discount plus £770 refund of options plus £420 price reduction = TOTAL £2420 less than I had expected!!

SERIOUS RESULT AND THANK YOU VW!!
A well designed car is a work of art and good art should lift the soul!!
DeepBlack

Post by DeepBlack »

I'm about to cancel my order. In the last 10 days my car has gone back 6 weeks from week 20 to 26.

A car I ordered on Jan 14th now due for delivery mid August, and I have no idea if that will move again. VW have been a joke and my dealer has no been no use whatsoever. I'll take my £25k somewhere else thank you very much!