Scirocco R Line now on VW UK site

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
Deacon
Options: Tuned 1.4tsi - gone but not forgotten!

Scirocco R Line now on VW UK site

Post by Deacon »

Apologies if I've missed this and it's been posted before but the VW UK site is now showing the R-Line spec
playing in my '86
thecrofter
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Tracker, Recaro Seats, Pano Roof, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Black Gloss Folding Mirrors

Re: Scirocco R Line now on VW UK site

Post by thecrofter »

Bu**er. Not only that but changes to the GT such as aluminium pedals, RNS315 and leather as standard. As I've just ordered Roc number two only two weeks ago, looks like a quick call to the dealer tomorrow.
2.0 TSi 280 R DSG Rising Blue / April 15 - 11 March 20
2.0 TDi 170 DSG R-Line Indium Grey / June 12 - April 15
2.0 GT TDi 170 DSG Salsa Red / May 10 - June 12
martdy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Looks like Leather and RNS315 is now standard for GT and R-line . Some colours not available in R-line spec such as Rising Blue.For what I can make out at first glance you get a body kit ,some badges,darker rear lights ,R decorative inserts and bigger wheels for £1500. Not bad .
New model on the horizon or are they just boosting sales ?
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
Andy5128
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Rear Parking Sensors

Post by Andy5128 »

Sorry posted similar info in the when's your build date topic. Sounds good news...
jc74
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Cruise Control, Leather, Sunroof, DVD Satnav, Parking Sensors

Post by jc74 »

This has been posted on whatcar website...

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/new-pri ... cco/262092" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New prices and more kit for VW Scirocco
Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Entry level Scirocco cut to £19,650
Price increases for GT and Scirocco R versions
New R Line trim gets sporty bodykit

Entry-level Volkswagen Scirocco prices have been cut, while extra kit has been added to every model and a new R Line trim joins the range.

Every Volkswagen Scirocco now comes touch-screen sat-nav and a multi-function steering wheel, however the entry-level Scirocco now costs £19,650, £420 less than the current model. It also gets VW's 17-inch Long Beach alloy wheels. Entry-level Sciroccos cost between £420 and £600 less than the current versions, depending on engine.

Prices for GT trim Sciroccos increase by more than £500 however, but now come with Nappa leather and heated front seats as standard.

The new R Line trim builds on GT versions, but gets a bodykit with bespoke bumpers and side skirts and 19-inch alloy wheels. It also gets R Line sports seats, an R Line steering wheel and R Line chrome pedal covers.

The top-of-the-range Scirocco R increases by £500, but like GT, it now gets Nappa leather as standard.

Volkswagen Scirocco prices
1.4-litre TSI 122 £19,650
1.4-litre TSI 160 £21,280
2.0-litre TDI Bluemotion Technology £22,055

2.0-litre TSI 210 GT £25,470
2.0-litre TDI Bluemotion GT £24,510
2.0-litre TDI 170 GT £25,280

2.0-litre TSI 210 R Line £26,995
2.0-litre TDI Bluemotion R Line £26,035
2.0-litre TDI 170 R Line £26,805

2.0-litre TSI 265 R £30,575
DeepBlack
In: Candy White
Options: Dynaudio Sound Upgrade

Post by DeepBlack »

I got a call from my dealer today.

I've got a Candy White GT on order that was due to be built week 20, he told me he had bad news and good news. I guessed the bad news was the date slipping for the 3rd time, I was right, back to week 23. The good news was that with the spec change on the GT (leather and sat nav now standard), mine had been caught and would be new spec. They were asking £600 for what would have been £1,800 (I think) of options. After some discussions about the date slipping etc they agreed if I paid £250 they would cover the rest.

So a 3 week wait for sat nav and leather at a cost of £250, I can definitely live with that!!
Kev
Administrator
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

Looks like a decent update.

I'm not sure about the R-line bodykit. It seems to be a 'blink and you'll miss it' little ridge on the bumpers and some badges.

The standard spec update looks pretty good though and bodes well for the spec on the MkIV when it arrives.
DeepBlack
Options: Dynaudio Sound Upgrade

Post by DeepBlack »

Just had another conversation with the dealer, the car is price protected from when I placed the order so they won't even be charing me the £250.

Heated seats are also standard now with the leather, and I had paid for the winter pack, but there is not much they can do about that. He is phoning me back about the stereo/sat nav though, he said on the website if you add Dynaudio it then removes the 6 CD changer option. This was not the case before but the Nav being standard seems to have confused issues. He said sometimes on nav units they would put the changer in the arm rest, but then you lose the iPod connection.

He's calling back to clarify the implications of the Dynaudio upgrade now the Nav is standard.
happymum67
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: rear parking sensors,factory matts.premium sills,rear cupholder,front fogs

scirocco upgrades

Post by happymum67 »

Seen the latest??
All getting sat nav and multifunction wheel, Gt getting leather as standard. New R-line with new bumpers and bodykit.leather and interior R styling
Keithp
Options: Xenons
DAB
Dynaudio
Leather

Post by Keithp »

Deepblack wrote:He is phoning me back about the stereo/sat nav though, he said on the website if you add Dynaudio it then removes the 6 CD changer option. This was not the case before but the Nav being standard seems to have confused issues. He said sometimes on nav units they would put the changer in the arm rest, but then you lose the iPod connection.

He's calling back to clarify the implications of the Dynaudio upgrade now the Nav is standard.

There definitely seems to be some confusion over the stereo. My original spec was the RCD510 with Dynaudio and DAB. Now if you go on the VW site and spec Dynaudio you get the RCD510, instead of the RNS315, which is fine as i dont like the look of the 315. But the dealer said the RCD510 is no longer available (he emailed me his price list to confirm), so I've decided to upgrade to the RNS510 with Dynaudio instead (although I now can't have DAB), But as I'm getting the money back for the leather I don't mind paying the extra for the stereo.
Last edited by trix on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quoting tags
RoboDoll
Options: Front Fogs, Tinted glass, panoramic sunroof, Sat Nav, door sills, mudflaps etc

Personal Registration Plate: SC03OCO

Post by RoboDoll »

Just checking with my dealer now on my ordered 1.4 which now comes with options I had to pay extra for and the base price has dropped - we will see!!
A well designed car is a work of art and good art should lift the soul!!
crockzz
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Salsa Red
Options: Sat Nav, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors, Tinted windows, Folding mirrors, Luxury carpet mats, Mud flaps, Boot liner.

Ordered 28th Jan 2012.
Took delivery: 11th May 2012.

Post by crockzz »

I've read through the above posts, but does anyone know the legal stance regarding updated model coming out while I've got a car on order? I ordered mine in Jan and it's due to be built Build Week 16. But don't know where I stand regarding arguing for extra kit (most of which I'd ordered as extra-cost add-ons) that's now standard?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

crockzz wrote:I've read through the above posts, but does anyone know the legal stance regarding updated model coming out while I've got a car on order? I ordered mine in Jan and it's due to be built Build Week 16. But don't know where I stand regarding arguing for extra kit (most of which I'd ordered as extra-cost add-ons) that's now standard?
At the time you sign the paperwork you and the dealer have a contract. If the dealer delivers to that contract then there is no legal constest and it will be in the T&Cs that VW can update specification.
crockzz
Options: Sat Nav, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors, Tinted windows, Folding mirrors, Luxury carpet mats, Mud flaps, Boot liner.

Ordered 28th Jan 2012.

Post by crockzz »

Thanks Cuprabob. Thought that may well be the case, but seemed like a good idea to check here before I made a fool of myself arguing with the dealer!
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

crockzz wrote:Thanks Cuprabob. Thought that may well be the case, but seemed like a good idea to check here before I made a fool of myself arguing with the dealer!
No problem, but it obviously worth conveying you disappointment with the sales bod and see what they can do to alleviate your disappointment
Keithp
Options: Xenons
DAB
Dynaudio
Leather

Post by Keithp »

crockzz wrote:I've read through the above posts, but does anyone know the legal stance regarding updated model coming out while I've got a car on order? I ordered mine in Jan and it's due to be built Build Week 16. But don't know where I stand regarding arguing for extra kit (most of which I'd ordered as extra-cost add-ons) that's now standard?

You should get a refund on the options that you paid for that are now standard, plus the price you agreed should be price protected.
Andy5128
Options: Rear Parking Sensors

Post by Andy5128 »

Dealer called me this morning to confirm my ordered GT would have the new spec at no extra cost.
crockzz

Ordered 28th Jan 2012.

Post by crockzz »

Thanks Cuprabob and Keithp. Have just been told I'll be refunded the cost of Sat Nav and Multi steering wheel I'd ordered as extras, and my car will still have ACC (which is now an optional extra across the range), but will still have the "originally ordered" Donnington alloy wheels (which I think I prefer to the new Long Beach alloys anyway). Just can't wait to get the actual car!
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

crockzz wrote:Thanks Cuprabob and Keithp. Have just been told I'll be refunded the cost of Sat Nav and Multi steering wheel I'd ordered as extras, and my car will still have ACC (which is now an optional extra across the range), but will still have the "originally ordered" Donnington alloy wheels (which I think I prefer to the new Long Beach alloys anyway). Just can't wait to get the actual car!
It's all come good in the end then :-)
Starshaped

Post by Starshaped »

crockzz wrote:Thanks Cuprabob and Keithp. Have just been told I'll be refunded the cost of Sat Nav and Multi steering wheel I'd ordered as extras, and my car will still have ACC (which is now an optional extra across the range), but will still have the "originally ordered" Donnington alloy wheels (which I think I prefer to the new Long Beach alloys anyway). Just can't wait to get the actual car!
Yes you no longer pay for the options but you dont get the reduced price becuase it will be supplied with the suspension which is no longer standard.