What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
bennyb
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: DAB
Dynaudio

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by bennyb »

Just been told my car will be pushed back to build week 20, having ordered it at the start of February I think this is completely unacceptable.

Has anyone else been placed in this situation?
What have people done about it?
What is the 2013 specification?
I personally expect either a substantial discount - on top of what I have already obtained or considerable accessories to be thrown in for free!

Thoughts
Andy5128
In: Indium Grey
Options: Rear Parking Sensors

Post by Andy5128 »

Week 20 isn't that sometime in May? Have to agree if ordering in early Feb that is a bit out of order. Is it anything to do with your options? As after looking on here some options seem to add build time. Agree you should get something for your delay.
MickeyJ
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking Sensors, 19inch Lugano, Electric Folding Mirrors,
Vienna Truffle Leather, Sat Nav

Post by MickeyJ »

bennyb wrote:Just been told my car will be pushed back to build week 20, having ordered it at the start of February I think this is completely unacceptable.

Has anyone else been placed in this situation?
What have people done about it?
What is the 2013 specification?
I personally expect either a substantial discount - on top of what I have already obtained or considerable accessories to be thrown in for free!

Thoughts
I ordered mine end of January, was originally given build week 13, but was pushed back to week 23.

Over the last few days I have been hassling dealers all over the country they have all been experiencing the same delay with all new orders.

Long story short..

Cancelled the order today after managing to find a new (yet to be registered) Scirocco slightly different to the one I ordered (better spec) and black instead of blue, and I got a much better deal than the local dealer gave me!

Pick it up on Wednesday (four weeks earlier than I expected the original) well chuffed!
:)
Andy5128
Options: Rear Parking Sensors

Post by Andy5128 »

Well dealer finally called me for the first time since my order on 10th March. Unfortunately missed the call so was just an answer phone message advising car in production and would call me again on Tuesday with more information on dates etc. presume they get an update from somewhere on Tuesday then. My proposed delivery date when ordering was mid June, fingers crossed it is then or sooner as not sure I can contain myself to wait any longer especially as first new car in a long time and had my current car 8 and a half years so feel overdue a fresh one!! Roll on Tuesday for more info.
bennyb
Dynaudio

Post by bennyb »

Just looked at the contract I signed - I can cancel it without penalty and obtain a refund
Very annoying - at least the economy isn't down the toilet to the point where companies can turn down £22,000 orders..... left, right and centre by the looks of it. Shame as I just bought loads of accessories for the car - which may be advertised on here soon.
Mac135
With a: DSG box
Options: Pana roof, sat nav and dynaudio

Post by Mac135 »

bennyb wrote:Just been told my car will be pushed back to build week 20, having ordered it at the start of February......Thoughts

My car was ordered on Jan 13 now told arrival is late August. This means as far as I can see a week 22/23 build prior to shipping to Australia. Disappointed to say the least. Its like resetting the counter on the 8 weeks i've already waited.

Looking to see if we can find any suitable alternatives not spoken for arriving between now and then. Likelihood? Fat chance.
Scirocco R- Indium c/w DSG, pana roof, dynaudio and sat/nav. A happy owner since April 2012
longman
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Panoramic roof, Satnav, Dynaudio

Post by longman »

Sounds familiar - I ordered mine in November, and was told a mid Jan delivery. Just before Christmas, they suddenly changed it to me early April delivery. I was disappointed to say the least. I am now hoping to take delivery at the end of this week, so a 5 month wait. Hope it proves to be really worth it :-)
Good luck with your wait. Dont forget you can track the car on the boat once it is has been built and is headed our way.
Be careful not to fall for inflated prices for vehicles that might suddenly become available - I saw huge differences in prices from dealer to dealer.
Now driving my CW Scirocco R DSG, Pano Glass Roof/RNS510/Dynaudio ... delivered 30 March 2012 :-)
animaluus
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic sunroof, Cruise control, Park pilot, Adaptive chassis control, Multi-function display Premium, MEDIA-IN with iPod adapter cable, RCD 510, Dynaudio, Privacy glass, Keyless Access, Mirror package, Winter package

Post by animaluus »

I ordered mine on 10 February, and the dealer called me yesterday to confirm the delivery on week 18.
12 weeks of wait seems reasonable considering the reward.
:rlogo:
Mac135

Post by Mac135 »

longman wrote:Sounds familiar - I am now hoping to take delivery at the end of this week, so a 5 month wait. Hope it proves to be really worth it :-)

Good luck with your wait. Dont forget you can track the car on the boat once it is has been built and is headed our way.

Be careful not to fall for inflated prices for vehicles that might suddenly become available - I saw huge differences in prices from dealer to dealer.
Hope you enjoy the car when you get it in the next few days. CW looks great.

I've looked around to se what stock is being held here and there is nothing that i 'm driven to by and certainly not at the prices being asked.

Yes, i'll look out for my boat sometime in......July
Scirocco R- Indium c/w DSG, pana roof, dynaudio and sat/nav. A happy owner since April 2012
bennyb
Dynaudio

Post by bennyb »

Agreed to the build week 20 - just very disappointing having initially been told April 6th collection and now will be end of may early june as just been told build week 18
jackiebarker1

Post by jackiebarker1 »

Hey guys good afternoon

I spoke to Inchcape Volksagen today, originally told me build week 12 but apparantly my car is at a uk port (code 40, this means nothing to me?) and he said it would take a week to get it to the dealer? unlucky enough for me that 'week' he is on holiday and so hes told me i can pick it up april 13th, which also happens to be friday 13th, think i might hold off until the 14th lol!

Jac x
panrafal
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by panrafal »

jackiebarker1 wrote:Hey guys good afternoon

I spoke to Inchcape Volksagen today, originally told me build week 12 but apparantly my car is at a uk port (code 40, this means nothing to me?) and he said it would take a week to get it to the dealer? unlucky enough for me that 'week' he is on holiday and so hes told me i can pick it up april 13th, which also happens to be friday 13th, think i might hold off until the 14th lol!

Jac x
I would not mind this kind of surprise! I wonder when it was actually ready...
jackiebarker1

Post by jackiebarker1 »

Yes i wonder too, my dealer wasnt particularly good at communicating with my re. dates etc, and as silly as it seems i didnt call him much as i felt like i was being a pest! I only rang today because he said it was meant to be built week 12 and i wanted to see if it was on its way for him to tell me it was already in the uk, such a shame i cant collect it earlier :( majorly excited lol!

Jac x
afulbrook

Post by afulbrook »

I orderd mine on the 4th of Feb, and still havent got a build date! So i phoned VW direct and they only gave me a estimated build date of week 20 too!! LIVID! And i didnt even order DSG or BM or Sunroof! GRRR
mbx0710
Options: everything minus leather,Dynaudio, adaptive light,recaros and pano roof..

Post by mbx0710 »

My new deep black R - order date mid january, build date mar9th (confirmed built finished), arrived today
Last edited by mbx0710 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac135

Post by Mac135 »

Things have turned dramatically for me. Ordered in mid-january and expected an early july delivery here in aus. Then last week advice thatbthe car has been delayed until September. Wasn't that happy.

But today i'm told that as a result of a dealer swap i can have a new Indium in melbourne on April 28, with delivery from the dealer around the 14 May. Much happier.

I 've forgotten to osk the dealer for the VIN but i'm hoping RW might do be a favour and let me know what boat is due to arrive in Melbourne on or about April 28th. I'm guessing the car would have been built by now somewhere around week 10 or 11?

Thanks in advance
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Mac135 wrote:I 've forgotten to osk the dealer for the VIN but i'm hoping RW might do be a favour and let me know what boat is due to arrive in Melbourne on or about April 28th. I'm guessing the car would have been built by now somewhere around week 10 or 11?
More like a Wk8 or 9 build I think. Scirocco is currently mid Atlantic off West Africa.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Mac135

Post by Mac135 »

Thanks RW.

None the boats on your updated post tie in precisely with the info the dealer gave me but either Trianna or Tampa could be the ones.

I'll get the VIN tomorrow and have a go at tracking it using that info.

Cheers

Mac
Starshaped

Post by Starshaped »

Might be better if there is a delay as they have added Rns315 and leather to spec of GT now and they are adding a new model the r-line.
longman
Options: Panoramic roof, Satnav, Dynaudio

Post by longman »

I finally received mine on last Friday -I love it, the huge wait was disappointing but special cars here in Australia take a long time. Hang in there, the wait is worth it.
With so few Sciroccos in Australia so far, zooming round Sydney in my sparkling new candy white 'Roc is getting lots of looks, smiles and comments :-)
Now driving my CW Scirocco R DSG, Pano Glass Roof/RNS510/Dynaudio ... delivered 30 March 2012 :-)