What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
jackiebarker1
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by jackiebarker1 »

Heyy Guys

Im new to the forum, hope you are all having a good day :)

Ordered my first 'Roc on the 26th Jan, I was given build week 12, from what ive read its about 4 weeks from build week to delivery, is this about right??

Majorly excited!!

Jac x
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Welcome Jackie, yes 4 weeks is a good guide to go on. Congrats on the order :)
jackiebarker1

Post by jackiebarker1 »

Amazing! Thanks very much!

jac x
Bangadad
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Parking sensors

Post by Bangadad »

Hello,
Ordered my car 23 Dec 11 with an estimated build of week 10. Got a phone call from my dealership today confirming it had been built and was on its way to the port, so the estimate was exact as it is now build week 10. Hopefully not to long to wait but at least i know its built and on its way.
runmcleod
Options: Winter pack
Cruise control
Parking sensors

Post by runmcleod »

Bangadad wrote:Hello,
Ordered my car 23 Dec 11 with an estimated build of week 10. Got a phone call from my dealership today confirming it had been built and was on its way to the port, so the estimate was exact as it is now build week 10. Hopefully not to long to wait but at least i know its built and on its way.
I ordered mine pretty much the same day and I've been told to expect it on or around the 23rd of this month
Bangadad
Options: Parking sensors

Post by Bangadad »

Was it also built in week 10?
Daz85UK
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Parking Sensors & Electric Folding Mirrors

Post by Daz85UK »

I ordered my R on the 19th November and was given a provisional date of 19th febuary. I eventually got a build week of 8 and i pick my car up tuesday! (13th March)
panrafal
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by panrafal »

Hello everybody,

I've ordered mine just a week ago in Poland (160HP manual candy). The rep gave me just a rough estimate of up to 16 weeks, but said it should be ready much earlier (2,5-3 months)... He also said, that we're waiting now for an official build week from factory.

The question is, how quickly did you receive your "official" build weeks after ordering? I'm asking especially those, on the current wait list :)

Also, how can dealer allocations affect the wait? How I can tell, that they actually have a free allocation? The rep said he already have sent my order to the factory...

Regards,
nineteen

Post by nineteen »

Do build week 4 cars come with the new clutch packs?
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

nineteen wrote:Do build week 4 cars come with the new clutch packs?
VW wrote: Production Change --
Dated: 05.01.12..
:shake:

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
MickeyJ
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Parking Sensors, 19inch Lugano, Electric Folding Mirrors,
Vienna Truffle Leather, Sat Nav

Post by MickeyJ »

Mine has now been pushed back to build week 23 (was week 13)

After a lot time hassling the dealer they have comfermed that it will be built to 2013 specifications, not sure if I'm happy about that or not, just want the car! I can deal with the lack of an extra button or whatever other minor change they will be adding (they can't tell me what's changing as VW are keeping that quiet)

Won't hold my breath for my new car :(
Andy5128
In: Indium Grey
Options: Rear Parking Sensors

Post by Andy5128 »

Only ordered mine just over a week ago, Saturday 10th march to be precise. So still awaiting confirmation of build date etc. Was told upon ordering an estimate of 12 weeks. Ordered an indium grey 2 litre tsi, manual and other than the paint job only had parking sensors as an add-on. Once I know more will post an update.
chrislewis28
In: Night Blue
Options: None

Post by chrislewis28 »

Ordered 25th Feb 2.0 tsi manual in night blue was told four months but just got confirmed build date of week 14 (2nd April) can't wait :-)
MickeyJ
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Parking Sensors, 19inch Lugano, Electric Folding Mirrors,
Vienna Truffle Leather, Sat Nav

Post by MickeyJ »

chrislewis28 wrote:Ordered 25th Feb 2.0 tsi manual in night blue was told four months but just got confirmed build date of week 14 (2nd April) can't wait :-)
Lucky you, Bet it is my DAB that’s causing the delay!
Mac135
Options: Pana roof, sat nav and dynaudio

Post by Mac135 »

Advised today my car now delayed until September. Obviously the lead times are long for oz bound cars with around 8 weeks transit from Germany but given i ordered the car on january 13 i'm a bit disapointed about a nine month wait. Seven months (plus the two months shiping) to process and build a car when they are making tens of thousands of cars a day seems a bit excessive.
Scirocco R- Indium c/w DSG, pana roof, dynaudio and sat/nav. A happy owner since April 2012
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Mac135 wrote:Advised today my car now delayed until September. Obviously the lead times are long for oz bound cars with around 8 weeks transit from Germany but given i ordered the car on january 13 i'm a bit disapointed about a nine month wait. Seven months (plus the two months shiping) to process and build a car when they are making tens of thousands of cars a day seems a bit excessive.
The R is built in batches unlike other models. Quota this time round must have been sold for Aus.. That may convince VW (Aus) to bring other models out of the range :shrug:

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Mac135

Post by Mac135 »

Yeh, i gathered from other posts here that R's were batched and that i guess my car missed a batch that would have seen a july delivery. The dealer hasn't explained the delay but I intend to press him on this tomorrow.

I'm not sure about other versions of the Roc Ariving in Aus anyime soon. As it stands now about 30% of our golf sales are GTI's and a further 10% Golf R's. VWA dropped the 3 door Golf R to fit the Scirocco into the range. VWA seem pretty concerned to make sure they don't upset the strength of the GTI/Golf R combo. The local MD has gone on the record saying the R is the only version of this mk iii roc they intend to import. The market is also small for coupes - only 13,000 or so units across all brands sold annually.
Scirocco R- Indium c/w DSG, pana roof, dynaudio and sat/nav. A happy owner since April 2012
panrafal

Post by panrafal »

Wow, after just 2 weeks i now have my build week! Ordered on 8th march, build week 16 (16-20 april), plus around 3-4 weeks for delivery (no boats!)
Mac135

Post by Mac135 »

So i'm now jealous. :shrug:
jackiebarker1

Post by jackiebarker1 »

Heyy guys

Finally build week 12 is here!!
Hoping it wont be too much longer now!!

Jac xXx