Should I take garage offer

Info about the best cleaning products and detailing.
Macdbig
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensors, Electric Mirrors, Panoramic Sunroof, Winter Pack on standard seats rather than leather.

Should I take garage offer

Post by Macdbig »

:shrug:

Not sure if I should take the garage offer of buying protecting my car inside and out with their special protection product.

Can't remember the name shine something!

Any thoughts?
mike-p

Re: Should I take garage offer

Post by mike-p »

Waste of money - Lifeshine is the product they're pushing.
Life's too short to go slow

Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance 2.0CR
Revo, Steinbauer & Oscarli Dealer for Suffolk and N.Essex
Macdbig
Options: Parking sensors, Electric Mirrors, Panoramic Sunroof, Winter Pack on standard seats rather than leather.

Post by Macdbig »

Ok

As it's black and I am keen to seal the colour and keep as many scratches etc off it as possible.

Any suggestions?
salsajoe
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
Options: multifunction steering wheel, fogs, 18" alloys; DAB; XDS activated, DRLs reset, lock beep activated; indicator repeat set to 4; covered cup holder, rear seat 12v socket installed. metal pedals, 210 Golf GTi also in the stable. Scirocco gone - miss it. Polo GTI now.

Post by salsajoe »

I use good quality polish, two coat process with the second a hard coat and clean cloths to keep the scratches and swirls away. Just redone mine and put my glasses on the roof and they slid off - good smooth finish. I find that it is quite a while before the road muck starts to stick - for a couple of months just hose off well and dry with a chamois.
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

You would have to be barking mad to pay £200 + for any of these type of products
Bob a

Post by Bob a »

I agree 100%, i got it years ago for the black car i had then and was the biggest waste of money ever - never go for it again
skyblues11
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: cruise control, front foglight, Multi.f.steering wheel,
tyre indicator

Post by skyblues11 »

you can have the paint sealed yourself or by a professional detailer if you don't have the time.

In reality, there is no way you can reduce scratches automatically in the long run. A lot depends on how you wash the car etc, such as don't use sponges.

With care and awareness, there should not be a problem. However, if you prefer not to do any self detailing, then just take the car to a professional in a few years time and they will compound the panels back to its original state. In the process they will remove all the scatches and swirls.
Macdbig

Post by Macdbig »

thanks folks appreciate it

David
JAM35 X
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
Options: Parking Sensors, Parrot Hands-Free Kit, Rear Tinted Windows, Flat Tyre Indicator, Luxury Car Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Chrome Exhaust Tips.

Post by JAM35 X »

Being in the trade, I know that the products they they use cost £30 to them, and that treats up to 10 cars depending on size... so you can see that the mark up is massive!!
RussZS
In: Candy White

Post by RussZS »

I'd take a look at a coating like Optimum Opti Coat or GTechniq C1, which effectively forms a new, hard wearing sacrificial layer on top of your existing paintwork. These products also last a genuine 2 years and beyond. Any swirls or very light scratches will be in this layer, rather than the original paint.

They also do coatings for wheels, glass and cloth interiors. Definitely worth a look and actually last unlike the crap which most dealers sell!