Winter Problems / Faults, Anyone else?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
robmx
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors.

Re: Winter Problems / Faults, Anyone else?

Post by robmx »

Might as well turn the lights off when the headlight washers deploy at night anyways, the few seconds of blackout always amuse me when I'm driving back along the few country roads back from my GFs at night :lol:
Atlantis
In: Candy White
Options: Truffle Leather, Panoramic Sunroof, DAB, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Cruise Control, Tyre Pressure Indicator, Smoking Pack

Post by Atlantis »

My car sometimes tells me it needs a service in 300 miles (which it doesn't). It doesn't come up on the MFD every time I start up, just when its been left in the cold for a long time. It's booked in to be looked at after xmas
Manno
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking sensors
Folding mirrors
Winter pack
19" Lugano style pack Black

Post by Manno »

Sat at work bored off and want to change the blown headlight wash fuse without the manual being here. Can anybody help? I couldn't even work out how to get the lid off the engine compartment fuse box! Numpty me. :?
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Manno wrote:Sat at work bored off and want to change the blown headlight wash fuse without the manual being here. Can anybody help? I couldn't even work out how to get the lid off the engine compartment fuse box! Numpty me. :?
Just for reference, it is opened as illustrated here. Its not in this fuse box that you need to access.

You will need to put a flat blade screw driver or car key in the slot where the green arrow shows. Lever off and all will be revealed.
DSCN5670a.jpg
Its fuse SC36 in the dash fuse box located behind the driver's side end panel. Its a yellow 20A fuse. Third row up, fifth fuse from the front end of the car.
DSCN6194a.jpg
C.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Manno
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking sensors
Folding mirrors
Winter pack
19" Lugano style pack Black

Post by Manno »

Thanks RW1. Sorted now. :-)
miniman
Options: Satnav,Heated Leather,Panoramic Roof,19''Alloys,

Post by miniman »

Sorry to ressurect this thread, but i just had to say thanks, its helped me out no end.
A Thing Of Beauty Is A Joy Forever
OldPOP
I drive a: Scirocco R

Post by OldPOP »

The only winter problem I’ve seen this week is rapid steering wheel movement when I press the loud peddle. Resolved by an ear to ear grin :nod:
miniman
Options: Satnav,Heated Leather,Panoramic Roof,19''Alloys,

Post by miniman »

Sorry,should have mentioned, i was referring to the fuse layout.

Thanks again.
A Thing Of Beauty Is A Joy Forever