Arrghhh - It's broken!!!!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Chrisb
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensors

Arrghhh - It's broken!!!!

Post by Chrisb »

With the lighter, drier days I noticed a couple of small spots of oil on the drive last week. Took the 'Roc in on Thursday and it needs a NEW ENGINE!!!!!

Apparently something (presumably block or head) has a hairline crack in it and a new engine is required. Bugger! I'd almost run it in and was looking forward to seeing what it could do.

Am currently driving around in one of their 1.4 new Golfs. Oh, for something under my right foot, it's as boring as hell.
JayR
In: Candy White
Options: Truffle Leather - Dynaudio - DAB - Electric Mirrors - Badge Deletion - Milltek Catback Exhaust - Forge DV - Stage 1 GIAC Switchable Re-Map

Re: Arrghhh - It's broken!!!!

Post by JayR »

Nightmare ChrisB
first broken one on here i think....
hope ya get her sorted an back to ya soon!

1.4 golf....that sucks!

cheers

JayR
DavidH
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather, Xenons, Dynaudio, Factory Bluetooth and Mats

Post by DavidH »

Bugger. That's bad. Now you have to go through the running in all over again. I hope it's a one-off, sorry i know that doesn't help you now but a cracked casting is a pretty major thing to go wrong.
sonnybhoy
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Truffle Leather Seats, Cruise Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Elec Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre sensor, Parking Sensors, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Scirocco Premium Mats - - Scirocco Door Sills, Metal DSG Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Scirocco Tax Disc Holder

Post by sonnybhoy »

Whats the opinion of you gents on the "to run in or not to run in" debate? Heard various opinions like why run it in when its already ran in on a bench but not sure whether I would just play safe and go for the usual 1000 mile easy ride? What do you think?

:shrug:
BLACK 2.0 TSi DSG, Truffle Leather, Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav with Dynaudio upgrade, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Electrically folding door mirrors, Flat Tyre Sensor,
iroc
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

sonnybhoy wrote:Whats the opinion of you gents on the "to run in or not to run in" debate? Heard various opinions like why run it in when its already ran in on a bench but not sure whether I would just play safe and go for the usual 1000 mile easy ride? What do you think?

:shrug:
Been discussed at some length in a previous topic.

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... running+in
sonnybhoy
Options: Truffle Leather Seats, Cruise Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Elec Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre sensor, Parking Sensors, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Scirocco Premium Mats - - Scirocco Door Sills, Metal DSG Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Scirocco Tax Disc Holder

Post by sonnybhoy »

Cheers for that mate, must be one I missed
BLACK 2.0 TSi DSG, Truffle Leather, Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav with Dynaudio upgrade, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Electrically folding door mirrors, Flat Tyre Sensor,