My Rocco's Winter Prep...

Info about the best cleaning products and detailing.
Sootchucker
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Bluetooth, RNS-510 Nav, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Puddle lights, covered cup holder, rear air vents (working), door warning lights)

My Rocco's Winter Prep...

Post by Sootchucker »

Hi all,

With the winter months fast approaching and snow and salt on the forecast, I thought I would use the expceptionally nice weekend to give the Rocco a winter prep.

The main thing I wanted to do was get the wheels off and give them a full clean and the seal them with my new Gtechniq C5. Sorry I forgot to take before photos but the general process was as detailed below. The car hand't been washed for 3 weeks so was minging inside and out, and the wheels hadn't been off since I bought it new in April of this year (and 5000 miles ago). Anyway, the process.

Wheels off

Clean inside and out the billbury and a soft detailiing brush. This got rid of about 80% of the stuff on the insides of the spokes.

Then a good shot of Iron-X (couldn't believe how much this got off), and this left the wheels perfectly clean and smooth except for the off tar spts which was hit with Tardis.

Once cleaned and dried, the wheels where then treated to to the C5, which I found quite hard to work with as I couldn't see where I had been with it being a clear liquid - but hey ho.

With the wheels off the car (on Axle stands), I powerwashed the undersides of the arches, and scrubbed the liners with a stiff brush with Megs APC. Painted components wiped and dried with a clean microfibre and plastics dressed with Aerospace 303.

The rest of the car was then washed (typical TBM), then Iron-X'd all over and then hit with tardis. A quick wash again then dried with waffle weave towels. Paintwork topped up with Werkstatt Gloss (I have acrylic on the car already). Plastics dressed with Aerospace 303 and tyres with megs endurance gel. Phew....onto the after photos. Total time 6 hours on the Saturday for the wheels and 4 hours on the Sunday for everything else. (also did the wifes new Polo but more on that in another thread).

And the insides:

Thanks for looking.
mickwillow
Options: Vienna Leather
Bi Xenon Headlights
Winter pack
Metal Pedals
Lux Mats
VW Individual Sills
DAB Radio
Dynaudio Premium Sound
Interlagos 18's
Parking sensors
Electronic folding mirrors
Eos's rear drinks holder
Golf rear vents
VW BT

Re: My Rocco's Winter Prep...

Post by mickwillow »

First class job mate !!!!!
Sootchucker
Options: Bluetooth, RNS-510 Nav, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Puddle lights, covered cup holder, rear air vents (working), door warning lights)

Post by Sootchucker »

Thanks bud :yes:
quality reflects
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensors, leather, winter pack. Bluefin.

Post by quality reflects »

Quality job, nicely done!
http://www.qualityreflects.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regular work updates here:
http://s712.photobucket.com/albums/ww12 ... yReflects/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Quality-R ... 4070809482" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Twitter: @qulityreflects
jamesABT
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: air ride, abt kit, full custom interior, 19" rotis etc..

Post by jamesABT »

looks spot on :)
samdub
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Two-tone Cornsilk Beige/Black Vienna Leather, BiXenon Headlights, Cruise Control, DAB Radio, Dynaudio Premium Sound, Interlagos 18's, Parking sensors, Electronic folding mirrors, Mats, Dangley Cherry Air Freshener

Post by samdub »

Class job and top photos too!
~ GT TDI 208ps revo ~
hardwick
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
Options: parking sensors

Post by hardwick »

Top job, Hmnn, how far from Hereford are you?
lugano
In: Deep Black

Post by lugano »

Impressed with your photos
manners
Options: parking sensors, 19" interlagos alloys.

Post by manners »

Where did you get those car mats from, looking for something a little more rugged for winter.....my scirocco ones took a beatgin last winter! plus they aint cheap
Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker »

They are VW's own tailored rubber mats mate.
manners
Options: parking sensors, 19" interlagos alloys.

Post by manners »

Fair enough mine were e bay specials....fit just fine.

Rarely allow passengers in anyway lol
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

VW's rubber mats fit like a glove in the foot wells and push fit onto the floor studs.

I use them under the carpets as "drip trays". VW carpets on top don't lock down but they have stayed in place and not been a problem going out of position.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!