Scirocco R discount ?

Everything about the R for potential owners.
risingR
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: DVD Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, 19"s, Colour MFD, Cruise, Parking Sensors

Scirocco R discount ?

Post by risingR »

Hi there,

After doing a lot of research especially on this forum test drove an R today - it's a great car - so 99% sure that I'm going to order a DSG before the end of November to get the VAT offer - however have a few questions which hopefully you can help with -

What sort of discounts/deals have people been able to get recently ? one dealer has refused any discount and one offered 1% which is slightly better than nothing !!

Discounts through brokers seem good up to around 10% - but I like the fact that if I order through a dealer I can have a face to face conversation with them - has anyone purchased through a broker if so which one and would you recommend

I've read a lot about this and the dealer has estimated June 11 for delivery (although could be longer) is this what I should expect or do people think delivery times will come down ? - I guess nobody really knows but would appreciate opnions

Thanks in adavance for your help
Jeffao
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
Options: Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenon's, Pano Roof, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Cruise, Elec Folding Mirrors. Smokers Pack (for covered storage area), BMT, Coloured MFD, Tyre pressure Ind.
RNS-510 SatNav (video-in-motion enabled) + Voice Control & safety camera database, VW Bluetooth (iPhone5) Led Drl's.

Re: Scirocco R discount ?

Post by Jeffao »

Hi There
Ive just ordered through http://www.drivethedeal.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; You get the discount quoted online, order, then are handed over to the nominated VW dealer from that point onwards. I used this method for my current car. I have secured a discount of 11.2% on a GT 140 TDi DSG & options secure the same discount.Delivery to any uk address is included. There are no fees to pay to the broker, he gets his fee direct from the dealer.

I ordered on Oct 12th Est delivery Feb/Mar 2011 but no build date given by vw yet so who knows!

I highly recommend this company.

Hope this helps.
Shaun
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

Best option is to get best price from drivethedeal or similar then go to your dealer and get them to match the price plus give you a bit more
Strat
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: This and that.

Post by Strat »

I got through 2,000 off the basic car cost, so was about 26,000 before options although i got a tiny bit of discount on the options too.

i guess some dealers will say no discount because they can, however it certainly is possible.
Rolling Deep...
langley182
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Scirocco R discount ?

Post by langley182 »

Got mine through drivethedeal.com aswel.
Totally professional and legitimate. Saved over 2k on my 2.0tsi gt plus discount on options.
It's just like listening to a hifi system in comet, deciding you like it then buying it cheaper online from a website!
Bargain! Can't recommend it enough!!
mattyw

Post by mattyw »

I got £800 off mine and free gap insurance i just went in my local vw and said i would order the car
that day if they could sort me out
birdman66
Options: Leather,sat nav, folding mirrors, pano roof, 19'' talladegas, VW Bluetooth, parking sensors

Post by birdman66 »

I got £700 off and a free life shine from a local dealer. when i ordered back in april a couple of brokers offered discount but when i tried to place a order they said they could not give it on the R
risingR
Options: DVD Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, 19"s, Colour MFD, Cruise, Parking Sensors

Post by risingR »

Thanks everyone for your input - still working through a deal - hope to have ordered by the 30th November to get the VAT offer that VW are running.
stephenng1970
Options: Rear parking sensors, DSG, Folding door mirrors, electric driver's seat, dyna audio sound, vienna leather interior and '19' Talladega wheels.

Post by stephenng1970 »

Car ordered in November 2009, when the order books were initially opened. :)

Courtesy car provided until new car arrived arranged by VW Customer Services. 8)

Car finally arrived in October 2010. :clap:

Discovered the factory had made an error with my order, as no folding door mirrors were fitted as originally ordered. :mad:

Negotiated a discount with my dealer & VW Customer Service, for the cock up!!!! :yes:

Para sunroof given free as gesture of goodwill for the error. :clap:

It has been a long wait, nearly a year since placing my order.

Finally, now enjoying the pleasures of driving one of the most sought after coupe's on the market.
etotheip
Options: leather, sunroof, parking sensors, 19s, nav, folding mirrors, dynaudio, cruise

Post by etotheip »

What's discount like at the moment for a scirocco R? As dealer is coming back to me this week some time.
Still going strong =)
Strat
With a: Manual box
Options: This and that.

Post by Strat »

etotheip wrote:What's discount like at the moment for a scirocco R? As dealer is coming back to me this week some time.
we can only provide our experience as to when each of us ordered our car... if someone happens to have ordered recently then great, if not then have to just take on-board everyone's experience.

i got about £4,000 off mine, by taking the price i could get it through my employer, and getting VW to match it. which they did.

good luck with negotiations!
Rolling Deep...
garethld
In: Indium Grey
Options: 19in Wheels, Pan Roof, Nav, Leather, Metalic, Privacy Glass, Parking Sensors

Post by garethld »

I'm picking mine up tomorrow. Brand New, fully loaded. list price was 36,500 and i got about 4k off + 1k dealer contribution + subsidised APR.
call around a few dealers and see what you can get your hands on. there were about eight brand new in the country so supply isnt great but they're all trying to hit end of year/end of month targets which opens up the negotiation somewhat.
Mines in Indium Grey which is quite rare for the 'R' . i like it because i need it to be a little less lary as i use the car for work
Good luck with the negotiations, stand your ground and be prepared to wait for the right deal!
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

:welcome: Gareth

very interesting, indium grey is a gorgeous colour!
but its not available on the R... http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/sciro ... /exterior/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?

S
garethld
Options: 19in Wheels, Pan Roof, Nav, Leather, Metalic, Privacy Glass, Parking Sensors

Post by garethld »

yeah, i know that was one of the things that swung it for me. the only other choice that came close was a rising blue one but it had recaro seats so was pushing the payments up by about £25pcm and altogether a bit too lary for me.
so mine is one of only about three or four in that colour i'm told :o)
I'll get some pics sorted over the weekend...
d83
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Leather, winter pack, sat nav, cruise, rear parking sensors, bluetooth.

Post by d83 »

Would love to see some pics of your grey roc r, as I reckon it would look immense!
garethld

Post by garethld »

d83 wrote:Would love to see some pics of your grey roc r, as I reckon it would look immense!
pics now up in the showroom :yes: