iPod problem

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
bonsaisumo
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Sunroof, leather, parking sensors, Dynaudio

iPod problem

Post by bonsaisumo »

I have my iPod Classic connected via the socket in the armrest.

Every few times I try to use it, it won't work. Sometimes the display says "Initialisation" and goes no further. Sometimes it says "No device" and sometimes it says "Device without function". This will last for a couple of days, no matter how many times I use the car.

Then for no apparent reason, when I start the car, it will just play as if there hasn't been anything wrong (although it starts from the first track in its database).

Has anyone any clue as to why it is doing this, or how to stop it?
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Re: iPod problem

Post by RW1 »

You perhaps should look at this.... http://87.230.74.92/index.php?id=1365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Last in the list. Full description of the problems and how to load DIY with a USB stick. Bulletin encourages dealers to tell you of this link, so warranty is not affected.

Your Scirocco was built before Wk22/2011 (CW22/2011). Although your post does not match exactly, your Media In is not up to date.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
jimma1983
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: DAB tuner, Dynaudio Sound Pack, Smoking Pack

Re: iPod problem

Post by jimma1983 »

Have a look at the screen on the iPod itself when disconnected from the media in when you have this problem. Can you select tracks and use it as normal? If not, then try resetting the iPod by holding down the menu and middle circle button for about 10 seconds.

This has happened to mine on a few occasions (iPod classic 160Gb) and a reset of the device usually solves the issue.