Original R spoiler now available again?

Everything about the R for potential owners.
wavodavo
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynoaudio
19" wheels
Black Leather

Original R spoiler now available again?

Post by wavodavo »

Hi everyone.
Im writing this post so that I can get help from all other R owners who have the standard Scirocco spoiler.
I don't know whether anyone knows this but it sounds like that these standard spoilers where fitted a temperary measure to get these cars delivered and VW have called it a production change. Almost to say because of the fire they had, they will be no longer producing the original - pattern loss maybe.
I work at a VW dealer as a technician and we have had a new "C" chassis one just come in. I had a look at it and spotted that it has the larger spoiler. I enquired to the sales peaple about it and they were confused too. I went to the parts department to check part numbers of my car and this other one.
The part number for the spoiler for my car says 1K8 827 933 CGRU (original number from 2009) but then supersedes to FGRU. The new car has the part number of the FGRU number - standard Scirocco spoilers have EGRU part numbers. This is telling me that it is fitted incorrectly or as a temp.
R line kits are available in Europe and this contains the R spoiler which means it must be in production. Now I've heared that VW in Europe are replacing the spoilers for free when people ask about it.
I spoke to VW customer services UK but they know nothing about it and they said that they may well have changed back to the original spoiler without notification to dealers. I'll be taking it further and putting it down as a complaint.
If anyone is bothered about there spoiler and enough people involved we might be able to sort something out.
All you got to say is that - I understand that the original R spoiler is now back in production and was the standard one a temp replacement.
Cheers
kenti
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
Options: R-Line Plus, R-Line black leather, Xenon, RCD510 w/Dynaudio, Tinted windows, Safety alarm with sensors inside, Mirror pack, Light pack, Tyre pressure control, DAB, Telepone prep, Media-in, DCC, Parking sensors, Winter pack, 18" Mallory for the winter

Re: Original R spoiler now available again?

Post by kenti »

Scirocco R and standard Sciroccos with the R-Line pack had the R-spoiler. Late in 2010 VW started delievering these models with the standard spoiler, due to lack of the R-spoiler. With no notification of course... Stopped being used in new production from WK38

You are correct, the R-spoiler is now available again. My spoiler was changed by the dealer, both the dealer and VW splitted the bill...

Also see:
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =33&t=7109" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 4&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
essexbloke
In: Rising Blue
Options: Folding mirrors, Satnav, dynaudio, leather interior

Post by essexbloke »

Im interested to see what happens with this, I am going to call my dealer today or monday and see what reaction I get. Will post back when I hear anything.
mattyw
With a: DSG box

Post by mattyw »

measerured mine today which is a 11 plate and it has a normal spoiler so will be onto vw next week
veeedubba
Options: Heated Leather cruise parking sensors folding mirrors

Post by veeedubba »

so what are the measurements that you took matty ie what is the actual difference in size?
mattyw

Post by mattyw »

I measured mine think it was about 27.5 cm
veeedubba
Options: Heated Leather cruise parking sensors folding mirrors

Post by veeedubba »

get your tape measures out and lets have those measurements, how big is yours?........................................................ mine is 31.5 cm at its widest in the middle .
kenti
Options: R-Line Plus, R-Line black leather, Xenon, RCD510 w/Dynaudio, Tinted windows, Safety alarm with sensors inside, Mirror pack, Light pack, Tyre pressure control, DAB, Telepone prep, Media-in, DCC, Parking sensors, Winter pack, 18" Mallory for the winter

Post by kenti »

Stock is 27 cm
R is 31,5 cm
jonallen628
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

Spoilers are On back order according to local parts department. No promises on delivery date.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
jonallen628
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

My dealer confirmed the WK38 change so if you have an R built after this date you will be lucky to get it changed to the bigger spoiler. My dealer is not playing ball and neither is VW. If anyone has had any luck with getting spoiler changed in the UK could you let me know please?

wavodavo
Options: Dynoaudio
19" wheels
Black Leather

Post by wavodavo »

I have now had my spoiler changed to the proper one. The part was on back order but was pushed forward by VW. I check it when it arrived and found with a shock that the date stamp on the spoiler it said 10/09 (october 2009) - so where did it come from?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

wavodavo wrote:I have now had my spoiler changed to the proper one. The part was on back order but was pushed forward by VW. I check it when it arrived and found with a shock that the date stamp on the spoiler it said 10/09 (october 2009) - so where did it come from?
More likely to be September 2010, I would have thought. Date is probably US format where month and year are reversed
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

wavodavo wrote: - so where did it come from?
Someone searched the dealership parts stocks and found it being held. So requested it.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
JakeH

Post by JakeH »

I've got an R registered in March 2011 (low mileage ex demonstrator) and it has the standard roof spoiler - after pointing this out to the dealers they called today to say they have checked for me and say they had no knowledge of any changes and this is the first they've heard of it. This was the only R they've had in stock so I couldn't show them the comparison.

They're very willing to help but have asked if I can find some info about this.

Does anyone know if dealers are fitting the R spoilers to Rs fitted with the standard ones?

If so does anyone know part numbers? VW bulletins? or any info I can pass on that they can use?

Thanks
jonallen628

Post by jonallen628 »

My dealer didn't know anything about it either but Eventually found that VW had issued them a bulletin to say the R's now get the standard spoiler. Change happened towards the end of last year. My 11 plate also has the standard spoiler, dealer and VW customer care would not source the bigger spoiler and fit it as the spoiler on the car is the correct one technically. Larger spoiler may be available as a service part to order but tbh it doesn't bother me enough to look into sourcing one then getting it painted and fitted. Would rather spend the money elsewhere. Of course if you can get it done f.o.c then happy days.