Extras After

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
davidr86

Extras After

Post by davidr86 »

Ordered my first scirocco last month and its currently being built. Will be picking it up on 5th of september.the New Dark Oak colour, ordered it without actually seeing the colour in the flesh :/ have since seen one at the garage and it look good

Anyway was wondering if its possible to get any of the extras added on after you have had the car ? for example fog lights , crusie control or steering wheel functions

thanks in advance
ayeaye
Options: Candy White Scirocco - August 2009 - March 2013
Now replaced with a MINI Cooper S

Re: Extras After

Post by ayeaye »

Cruise - apparently most dealers won't touch cruise as a retrofit option.
MFSW - probably doable but new steering wheel required if you didn't get a MFSW, so quite expensive.

Have to ask, why not get the things you wanted as factory fit options, which would have been cheaper than getting dealer or others to retrofit.
davidr86

Post by davidr86 »

I did order a few extras.. just not MFSW or Fog Lights purely becase i could not afford it. But maybe in the future i will have some spare cash and was just wondering if it was possible to have it done
birdman66
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather,sat nav, folding mirrors, pano roof, 19'' talladegas, VW Bluetooth, parking sensors

Post by birdman66 »

I used vwcruise.com genuine VW Audi retrofit installations.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

you can't just swap a mfsw onto a car that hasn't got one already as you need the highline computer as well to support it (non gt cars come with the midline computer) not simple & so far no one has done it.
Fog lights, the wiring won't be there, again not aware of anyone achieving it
its also worth remembering in the most part retrofitting options is more expensive than if it is fitted at build
salsajoe
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: multifunction steering wheel, fogs, 18" alloys; DAB; XDS activated, DRLs reset, lock beep activated; indicator repeat set to 4; covered cup holder, rear seat 12v socket installed. metal pedals, 210 Golf GTi also in the stable. Scirocco gone - miss it. Polo GTI now.

Post by salsajoe »

You get a highline computer if you specify multifunction steering wheel if not already standard. Fog lights cost more as a retrofit as you need wiring, new light switch, fog light grills, bulbs and change to VAGCOM. Cruise will set you back about £400 fitted retro for a 2011 build.
Shaun
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

salsajoe wrote:You get a highline computer if you specify multifunction steering wheel if not already standard. Fog lights cost more as a retrofit as you need wiring, new light switch, fog light grills, bulbs and change to VAGCOM. Cruise will set you back about £400 fitted retro for a 2011 build.
£300 in the UK
iain
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather, Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Sat-Nav, Parking Sensors, Boot Liner, 'New Car' scent Magic Tree.

Post by iain »

What about the rear parking sensors?

I've started looking at specs for my purchase and decided the rear parking sensors are a requirement for me... but in the case the car I go for doesnt have them can I get my VW dealer to fit them?

From the various posts above I gather that cruise control, another essential for me, will definitely be better as a factory fit from new and will greatly restrict the second hand cars available to me.

apologies for the hijack but didn't want to raise a very similar thread on the same topic.

iain
Ian_Mac
In: Candy White
Options: 19" Lugano's, RNS 510, Leather, Winter Pack, Reverse Sensors, Electric Seats, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Xenons, Electric Folding Mirrors, Metal Pedals. Sadly gone now. :-(

Post by Ian_Mac »

Having cruise retrofitted doesn't appear to be a massive issue now even if you get one of the later variants.

See here http://www.vwcruise.com/129.html

From a personal preference I'd rather have factory fitted parking sensors simply because I wouldn't like the thought of someone taking a drill to the bumper.

Parking sensors themselves seem to be specced quite often so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding the right car.
maisbitt
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

iain: factory fit parking is way better than retrofit as you get the graphical feedback through the RCD/RNS 510 displpay, showing you which sensors are being triggered by obstacles and distance via colour coding of the trigger.

Go retrofit for about £160 at the dealership and you'll get audible beeps only. I did see a Valeo (they make many parts used on VWs) retrofit generic system in Costco for about £90 inc VAT the other day. You buy it off the shelf, it has a little graphical LCD display that I would imagine you stick to your dash, and comes with a voucher to cover professional fitting at one of many UK fitting centres. Looked good as a retro option if you are a Costco member. I'll take a pic next time i'm in.

The product is the same as the one shown below i'm sure, not sure if the sensors are colour coded on the Costco one, but website below has the kit selling for £250 inc fitting!!! (£110 on Amazon for self-fit)

http://www.fittedparkingsensors.co.uk/c ... cts_id=192
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
Shaun
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

I Think i would rather get the proper PDC ones and have the graphical display on my RNS

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PDC-Park-Assist-P ... 27af59a872" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
maisbitt
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

Factory fit is the way to go, but for those that have ordered at the point of no return, or already have their roc but wish they'd ordered sensors, the Valeo option at Costco is a bargain.

Figure in fitting and painting of the sensors to the ebay option above (unless you do it yourself) and you'll be paying as much out to retro-fit rather than to have factory fit. Retrofitting CC, parking or xenons is a false economy, so it's best to know what you want up front.

The dealers aren't always great at going through the options and demonstrating the differences between having them or not on a loaded demonstrator car.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI