Scirocco Facelift 2013 - your ideas please..

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
pafa
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Sumatra
With a: Manual box
Options: Winter Pack
Sports Pack
Cruise Control
Parking Sensors Rear
Electricable Foldable Door Mirrors
Carpets
Exterior Badge Deletion
RCD 510 Dynaudio Soundpack
Flat Tyre Indicator
2 Zone Electronic Climate Control
Rear Tinted Windows

Re: Scirocco Facelift 2013 - your ideas please..

Post by pafa »

The latest list:

1. LED Daylight running lights (already planned by VW)
2. Less gap between the wheels and the wheel arches (7 votes)
3. Moore room for adjusting the steering wheel.(2 votes)
4. Seat pockets behind the driver and passenger seats.(5 votes)
5. Overall better build quality (no more rattles) (5 votes)
6. Option not to fit LED lights.
7. Sunroof that actually opens.
8. Combat the problem with freezing windows in winter (6 votes) (they are already aware of this problem)
9. Rear LED lights (already planned by VW)
10. Optional painted brake calippers.(3 votes)
11. "Meaner" looking exhaust, like golf mk6 gti. (3 votes)
12. Better use of the 5 buttons below the center console, no more "ghost" buttons.(2 votes)
13. 4motion as an option (dont think this will happen, as this is part of the Golf R´s selling point)
14. Keep the Scirocco the same size as now.(6 votes)
15. Better graphics and detail in the MFD. (3 votes)(will be hard to implement, as the MFD is shared across many VW models)
16. "Better" Ipod integration
17. Loose the frameless windows (hmm, not sure they want to do that, but ill send it along)
18. Reduce size of the A and C pillars.
19. Improve rear view mirror distant visibility, improve wing mirror coverage.(2 votes)
20. Reduce the weight of the doors.
21. Find an alternative rear headrest design that doesn't impair the rear view
22. Fit a bonnet strut as standard (5 votes)
23. Fit the LED DRL seperately to the headlights, like Scirocco R (4 votes)
24. Fit a heater to the engine, so that windows dosent freeze in the winter, when the engine is cold (2 votes)
25. Improve covered/hidden storage on the driver's side with more space.(4 votes)
26. Lower boot lid.
27. Reverse camera as standard.
28. Unique Dashboard, make the interior feel more special.(4 votes)
29. 200 bhp Diesel.(3 votes)
30. No electronic parking Brake.(2 votes)
31. 2.0 TSI with 220+ bhp
32. More bright colors to choose from. (Focus ST and RS) (2 votes)
33. Heated windscreen, like Ford. (7 votes)
34. Colder a/c
35. Keep the individuality of the car.(2 votes)
36. Instead of mesh covering the sunroof, make a solid shade for better soundproofing.
37. Improve the wing mirror design. While they look nice, the edge of the wingmirror obscures the last inch of the mirror surface
38. Lower ride height.(4 votes)
39. Bigger DSG paddles.(4 votes)
40. Increase capacity of armrest storage. (2 votes)
41. Black badges as an option
42. Better brighter reversing lights
43. Ability to store a full size spare wheel without losing too much boot space.
44. More ergonomic method of cancelling cruise, like a steering wheel cancel/resume button.(2 votes)
45. alter height of brake and accelerator peddles. There is too much height difference between the two at present.(2 votes)
46. Make rear head-rests fold flat when not in use. This will improve rear visibility.
47. Make the Scirocco lighter, and therefore quicker.
48. fix the waste gate rattle on the 2.0 tsi at 2.500 rpm - sounds like "gravel in a tin can".
49. Keep the front and rear headrests in the same design.
50. Get rid of touchscreen stereo.
51. Improve the mirror adjustment controls, and include mirror heating with the rear demister function.(2 votes)
52. An optional graduated sunstrip/tint built into windscreen.(2 votes)
53. DSG - an additional settings button on consol for economy/normal/sport to prevent early upshift (similar to the ACC settings button)
54. Full electric seat controls for passenger side too.
55. Meaner rear diffuser on models like Scirocco R concept.
56. Blue interior lights for Scirocco R.
57. Option for normal sunroof like the Golf.
58. Sporty interior style option with alcantara door inserts/seats or part interior option / steering wheel / gaitor / some carbon fibre.
59. Covered centre consol cubby holes.(3 votes)
60. Elasticated boot netting to hold things in place.(2 votes)
61. Covered door side pockets.
62. Fixed Postion DSG paddles, so shifting is easier when the wheel is turned.
63. Chrome / metal finish DSG paddles.
64. Option of 'Iroc' style 19" rims.(2 votes)
65. Leather interior option similar to Audi TT which part of the centre console is leather with stitching showing.(2 votes)
66. Top of the range model above the 'R' with lots of extras.(2 votes)
67. Brushed metal wing mirrors option.(2 votes)
68. Colour coded door strips.(2 votes)
69. Only refine the current model, don't overdo it and change the look too much, as it's a good looking car.(3 votes)
70. Lumbar support for both driver and passenger.
71. Windscreen wipers that clear the screen without streaks. No smearing.
72. Wider sun visors, that cover the full width of the windscreen and meet in the middle.
73. Exterior mirrors that fold in more completely / that sit ‘flusher’ to the bodywork when folded.
74. In addition to the manual folding setting, exterior mirrors should have an automatic folding setting.(2 votes)
75. Optional elasticated storage nets on either side of the transmission tunnel.
76. Ability to switch between Radio / Media-In (iPod, etc) / CD player functions from steering wheel controls.
77. Manual controls for headlight washers.
78. Better designed door pockets, or with a higher front lip, so that things don’t keep rolling out.
79. Better grade plastics on the sunglasses holder and the driver’s side storage bin.

Not applicable:
1. Option to de-badge the engine designation but not the 'Scirocco' model inscription (this is done by the dealer, not VW)
2. Deactivate ESP completely (already implemented on BW22 2011)
3. GT Spec and non GT spec is UK only, it is choosen by the dealer/importer in UK and is not a VW choice.
4. 160 tsi problems are not specific to the Scirocco, so the Scirocco team has no saying in this matter.
5. R Line pack as we see in Germany for the UK - choosen by the dealer/importer in UK and is not a VW choice.

Keep it up guys, good stuff!

Im planning on sending the list monday evening to my friend in Wolfsburg.

So now there is a deadline for posting ideas :-)
raffoul232
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

Some more suggestions:
1)What about a nice light where the door handles are i think it adds a bit more light. (pic of what i mean will be at the bottom)
2)Also when turning off the rcd510 why not have the time show on it (digi clock or analogue) or just a vw sign stays on or smth (like on the rns510)?
3)The lower grill (the honeycomb one) be colored in gloss black as an option.
4) Reverse camera be better hidden then just being ontop of the license plate.
5) Might be an offtopic thing but the sound system. Why is it dynaudio? Why cant it be bose like on audis or smth?
6) Front sensors as well as reverse ones (i dont care about sensors i mean if you dont know how to park then just dont buy a car, but this is just a suggestion since the car does have more blindspots than a gti)
7) A black package option where you could offer: gloss black mirrors, rear diffuser, front lower grill, breaks, as well as rims or smth like that.
8 ) R model should come with a perferated hood like the gt24.

If i think of anything else ill add it for sure......hope this helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ALL MODS ON HOLD
gingerscotsman
In: Rising Blue
Options: DVD Satnav, Dynaudio, Telephone Prep, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Electric Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Premium Mats.

Post by gingerscotsman »

I would support the following:

1,4,5,9,13,21,22,25,29,46,59,60,71 & 74.

I would also add the addition of a subwoofer to the Dynaudio package. Just not enough depth for my liking.
pafa
Sports Pack
Cruise Control
Parking Sensors Rear
Carpets
Exterior Badge Deletion
Flat Tyre Indicator
Rear Tinted Windows

Post by pafa »

The latest list:

4. Seat pockets behind the driver and passenger seats.(6 votes)
5. Overall better build quality (no more rattles) (6 votes)
8. Combat the problem with freezing windows in winter (6 votes) (they are already aware of this problem)
12. Better use of the 5 buttons below the center console, no more "ghost" buttons.(2 votes)
13. 4motion as an option.(2 votes)
15. Better graphics and detail in the MFD. (3 votes)(will be hard to implement, as the MFD is shared across many VW models)
17. Loose the frameless windows (hmm, not sure they want to do that, but ill send it along)
19. Improve rear view mirror distant visibility, improve wing mirror coverage.(2 votes)
21. Find an alternative rear headrest design that doesn't impair the rear view.(2 votes)
22. Fit a bonnet strut as standard (6 votes)
24. Fit a heater to the engine, so that windows dosent freeze in the winter, when the engine is cold (2 votes)
25. Improve covered/hidden storage on the driver's side with more space.(5 votes)
26. Lower boot lid.
29. 200 bhp Diesel.(4 votes)
34. Colder a/c
36. Instead of mesh covering the sunroof, make a solid shade for better soundproofing.
37. Improve the wing mirror design. While they look nice, the edge of the wingmirror obscures the last inch of the mirror surface
43. Ability to store a full size spare wheel without losing too much boot space.
44. More ergonomic method of cancelling cruise, like a steering wheel cancel/resume button.(2 votes)
45. alter height of brake and accelerator peddles. There is too much height difference between the two at present.(2 votes)
46. Make rear head-rests fold flat when not in use. This will improve rear visibility.(2 votes)
48. fix the waste gate rattle on the 2.0 tsi at 2.500 rpm - sounds like "gravel in a tin can".
51. Improve the mirror adjustment controls, and include mirror heating with the rear demister function.(2 votes)
53. DSG - an additional settings button on consol for economy/normal/sport to prevent early upshift (similar to the ACC settings button)
58. Sporty interior style option with alcantara door inserts/seats or part interior option / steering wheel / gaitor / some carbon fibre.
59. Covered centre consol cubby holes.(4 votes)
60. Elasticated boot netting to hold things in place.(3 votes)
65. Leather interior option similar to Audi TT which part of the centre console is leather with stitching showing.(2 votes)
69. Only refine the current model, don't overdo it and change the look too much, as it's a good looking car.(3 votes)
71. Windscreen wipers that clear the screen without streaks. No smearing.(2 votes)
72. Wider sun visors, that cover the full width of the windscreen and meet in the middle.
73. Exterior mirrors that fold in more completely / that sit ‘flusher’ to the bodywork when folded.
74. In addition to the manual folding setting, exterior mirrors should have an automatic folding setting.(3 votes)
75. Optional elasticated storage nets on either side of the transmission tunnel.
76. Ability to switch between Radio / Media-In (iPod, etc) / CD player functions from steering wheel controls.
78. Better designed door pockets, or with a higher front lip, so that things don’t keep rolling out.
79. Better grade plastics on the sunglasses holder and the driver’s side storage bin.
80. Light inside the door handles.
81. When turning off the rcd510 why not have the time show on it, or VW logo.
82. The lower grill (the honeycomb one) be colored in gloss black as an option.
83. Reverse camera be better hidden then just being ontop of the license plate.
84. Other High-end soundsystem than Dynaudio, like Bose.
85. Front sensors as well as reverse ones.
86. A black package option where you could offer: gloss black mirrors, rear diffuser, front lower grill, breaks, as well as rims.
87. R model should come with a perferated hood like the gt24.

Not applicable:
1. Option to de-badge the engine designation but not the 'Scirocco' model inscription (this is done by the dealer, not VW)
3. GT Spec and non GT spec is UK only, it is choosen by the dealer/importer in UK and is not a VW choice.
4. 160 tsi problems are not specific to the Scirocco, so the Scirocco team has no saying in this matter.
5. R Line pack as we see in Germany for the UK - choosen by the dealer/importer in UK and is not a VW choice.
6. Subwoofer to the Dynaudio package - im pretty sure there already is a subwoofer beneath the seat in the Dynaudio Package, anybody?

24 hours to go - keep it up! :-)
gingerscotsman
Options: DVD Satnav, Dynaudio, Telephone Prep, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Electric Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Premium Mats.

Post by gingerscotsman »

Nope, no subwoofer in Dynaudio. Otherwise I would not be requesting one in the next version :)
Richard A
Options: SatNav, Winter Pack, Flat Tyre Indicator, Bi-Xenons

Post by Richard A »

Lot of good ideas above.

The only thing I can think to add is to have the auto-dim off/on on the rear view mirror 'remember' what the driver sets it to in regular use. It's a pain having to switch it off every time I start the car because I find the relative brightness of following lights is an important part of my perception of what's going on behind... the option to switch the dim on in cases of non-dipped tailgaters etc. should be just that, an option (in my view anyway).

Re. the frozen windows / frameless doors argument, it seems that you can't have one without the other (unless the seal is made solely by external pressure of window onto doorframe rubber as on my Elise, rather than by insertion of the window edge into a groove). Frameless doors don't make a huge amount of sense in a fixed roof coupe (and channel type frames wouldn't make a lot of difference to the look of the car when the doors are closed), unless the rear side windows wind down. Wind down side windows, as in the old Merc CE-series and similar, would be great, but would compromise structural integrity and seat belt mounting so that's likely to be a no-no.
GeoffT
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors from factory. Added RNS 510 and Fiscon Bluetooth. Replaced RNS510/Fiscon BT with Eway842P Android headunit

Post by GeoffT »

I was the one who suggested loosing the frameless doors, but for the next version, not for the facelift as I realise that is too big a change for that. As Richard A says the frozen windows issue and the frameless doors are tied in together. I can't see a single benefit to frameless doors on a hardtop. I think it was just seen as a "sporty" styling cue, even though in the real world it just causes problems.
pafa
Sports Pack
Cruise Control
Parking Sensors Rear
Carpets
Exterior Badge Deletion
Flat Tyre Indicator
Rear Tinted Windows

Post by pafa »

Final list:

4. Seat pockets behind the driver and passenger seats.(6 votes)
5. Overall better build quality (no more rattles) (6 votes)
13. 4motion as an option.(2 votes)
21. Find an alternative rear headrest design that doesn't impair the rear view.(2 votes)
22. Fit a bonnet strut as standard (6 votes)
25. Improve covered/hidden storage on the driver's side with more space.(5 votes)
26. Lower boot lid.
29. 200 bhp Diesel.(4 votes)
34. Colder a/c
46. Make rear head-rests fold flat when not in use. This will improve rear visibility.(2 votes)
59. Covered centre consol cubby holes.(4 votes)
60. Elasticated boot netting to hold things in place.(3 votes)
71. Windscreen wipers that clear the screen without streaks. No smearing.(2 votes)
74. In addition to the manual folding setting, exterior mirrors should have an automatic folding setting.(3 votes)
80. Light inside the door handles.
81. When turning off the rcd510 why not have the time show on it, or VW logo.
82. The lower grill (the honeycomb one) be colored in gloss black as an option.
83. Reverse camera be better hidden then just being ontop of the license plate.
84. Other High-end soundsystem than Dynaudio, like Bose.
85. Front sensors as well as reverse ones.
86. A black package option where you could offer: gloss black mirrors, rear diffuser, front lower grill, breaks, as well as rims.
87. R model should come with a perferated hood like the gt24.
88. Add subwoofer to the Dynaudio package.
89. Have the auto-dim off/on on the rear view mirror 'remember' what the driver sets it to in regular use.

Not applicable:

Thanks for all the feedback.

Im sending the list to my friend in Wolfsburg tonight.

He is very curious to see what the Scirocco community thinks of the car, and what changes they are suggesting.

Personally i thinks its a very good list, some things are a bit "out there", and will probably not be considered for implementation. But many ideas are very cool, and im sure they
will consider implementing them.

Thanks again guys (and girls) :-)
maisbitt
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

I forgot to add something that affects all VWs (so maybe it wouldn't be taken on-board, but it annoys the hell out of me) - no cutouts on the carpets (presumably stencilled for electrically operated seats?) for the carpet around the front seats, the perforations are few and far between, just huge cuts that can tear easily, and very noticeable for someone who has his seat almost all the way back.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
Thommohawk

Post by Thommohawk »

pafa wrote:Thanks for all the feedback.

Im sending the list to my friend in Wolfsburg tonight.

He is very curious to see what the Scirocco community thinks of the car, and what changes they are suggesting.

Personally i thinks its a very good list, some things are a bit "out there", and will probably not be considered for implementation. But many ideas are very cool, and im sure they
will consider implementing them.

Thanks again guys (and girls) :-)
Cool, keep us updated :yes:
Current - Audi S5 4.2 Quattro V8 See here...
Now Sold - VW Scirocco 2.0GT TSI, Rising Blue, VW Bodykit, H&R Springs, Panoramic Sunroof, Anthracite 'Vienna' Leather Interior, Scirocco R Pedals See here...

L I V E S T R O N G
RoccoScientist
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Viper Green

Post by RoccoScientist »

I'm a bit surprised that nobody seemed to want better soundproofing (or maybe I just failed to find it on the list). Then again, VW's whole range (with the possible exception of Phaeton) could use better soundproofing...
a4gee
Options: Winter pack,Parking sensors,Dynaudio,Tyre indicator,Pano roof,GT steering wheel badge,VW Mats, rubber/premium,Headlight and led upgrade interior/exterior,Metal pedals inc foot rest,HK sills,R lights,Cup holder for rear,Concealed ashtray,Auto coming home headlights.

Post by a4gee »

Just seen this - may`ve got more responses if it was one both forums? :?
Thommohawk

Post by Thommohawk »

RoccoScientist wrote:I'm a bit surprised that nobody seemed to want better soundproofing (or maybe I just failed to find it on the list). Then again, VW's whole range (with the possible exception of Phaeton) could use better soundproofing...
For the price of the cars, personally I don't find it too bad or any less than I'd expect, maybe that's jut be, if you want something bullet proof you need to be hitting the higher end of cars, Merc etc
Now Sold - VW Scirocco 2.0GT TSI, Rising Blue, VW Bodykit, H&R Springs, Panoramic Sunroof, Anthracite 'Vienna' Leather Interior, Scirocco R Pedals See here...

L I V E S T R O N G
raffoul232
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

Any updates Pafa :? ?
ALL MODS ON HOLD
matteeee
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: DCC, RCD-510, Panorama roof
Window tint
8,5x19" ET35 Audi A5 wheels
Devil Eyes LED head lights
H&R 35mm lowering springs

Post by matteeee »

I have to ask, you who want:

17. Loose the frameless windows
19. Improve rear view mirror distant visibility, improve wing mirror coverage.
26. Lower boot lid.

...why didnt you buy a Golf in the first place?
chrisyboyc
Options: Leather,Criuse Control, Dynaudio possible RS6 alloys if i have cash

Post by chrisyboyc »

matteeee wrote:I have to ask, you who want:

26. Lower boot lid.

Agreed :shake:
If you see S9 CTC driving around give us a wave I do 40,000 miles a year it gets lonely out there
pafa
Sports Pack
Cruise Control
Parking Sensors Rear
Carpets
Exterior Badge Deletion
Flat Tyre Indicator
Rear Tinted Windows

Post by pafa »

Sorry guys - no news

Im not sure im going to get updates about the choices for the facelift (its a VW secret) - but if I get any, and im allowed to release them here, i will off course do so.

Thanks again for the many ideas!
Thommohawk

Post by Thommohawk »

chrisyboyc wrote:
matteeee wrote:I have to ask, you who want:

26. Lower boot lid.

Agreed :shake:
x 3...a Golf would be much more suited. They're basically just asking for a 'better looking' Golf with all the practicalities

L I V E S T R O N G
Richc69
Options: Winter pack, door cill protectors, folding mirrors
Retrofitted:
RNS510c v8 speedcams
Kufatec Fiscon Basic+
Cruise Control
Adaptations:
Dipping mirror; Cornering Lights

Post by Richc69 »

External tailgate release
Reversing camera
Better iPod integration, rcd510 defaults to song list, ability to set preference to list by artist/ album /folder and would be good to have a-z search facility
Brighter reversing lights
More interior lights in back / centre of roof lining
Rear footwell lighting
Auto folding mirrors
Heated front screen
More differentiation between ACC settings
Deeper door pockets / covered storage
Integrated pop up child booster seats in rear squab (optional?)
Tighter wheel arch / wheel gaps
If it's not broken, you haven't tried hard enough...
Turboweasel
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Everything except DSG, Pano roof, Recaro's and leather.

Post by Turboweasel »

The following would be brilliant to have:

2, 4, 8, 9
10, 11, 12, 14
22, 27, 28
32, 33, 34, 35, 38
41, 42, 47, 49
51, 52, 55, 56, 59
70, 71, 76
80, 83, 84, 85, 87, 88
Also the same 4wd system on the Golf R for the Scirocco R and colour MFD for the whole range.
Last edited by Turboweasel on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.