Scirocco R sold :(

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
GeoffT
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Reflex Silver
With a: Manual box
Options: Cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors from factory. Added RNS 510 and Fiscon Bluetooth. Replaced RNS510/Fiscon BT with Eway842P Android headunit

Re: Scirocco R sold :(

Post by GeoffT »

ayc1985 wrote: I gotta think about remaps and stuff now, apparently it can be remapped to 215 bhp!. Maybe lowered a tiny bit too
Erm, I thought this was all about saving money for a house?! ;)
ayc1985
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Parking Sensors
Pano Sunroof
Cruise Control
Vienna Leather
Black 18' Talladegas

To come:

Sat Nav
Bluetooth

Post by ayc1985 »

;) you're right, although I have just gone from an R to an ibiza! gimme a break hehe.
Jane
In: Deep Black
Options: Gone forever.... :-((

Audi TTS... Making me :-)) again

Post by Jane »

Yeah give him a break Geoff :lol:

I actually called in to see my R today at the dealers it went to 75 miles away (was working that way) Sad but true and just checking she was alright :D
GeoffT
Options: Cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors from factory. Added RNS 510 and Fiscon Bluetooth. Replaced RNS510/Fiscon BT with Eway842P Android headunit

Post by GeoffT »

Jane wrote:Yeah give him a break Geoff :lol:

I actually called in to see my R today at the dealers it went to 75 miles away (was working that way) Sad but true and just checking she was alright :D
:lol: That is sad ;)

If you guys/gals had been more sensible in the first place and got a TDI Roc, instead of you high-faluting flashy "R"s, you could still have them now instead of having to trade down to save running costs/money!!! 56 mpg on way back from work today, sensible insurance rate, and more torque than a torquey thing, whats not to like? :D
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

There's more to life than 56 mpg and the sound of a tractor ;) eg 5mpg 7k rpm red line and the thrill of just giving the car a right proper seeing to!!!!! :lol:
Jane

Post by Jane »

GeoffT wrote:
Jane wrote:Yeah give him a break Geoff :lol:

:lol: That is sad ;)

If you guys/gals had been more sensible in the first place and got a TDI Roc, instead of you high-faluting flashy "R"s, you could still have them now instead of having to trade down to save running costs/money!!! 56 mpg on way back from work today, sensible insurance rate, and more torque than a torquey thing, whats not to like? :D
What's not to like ? ..... Hmmm :scratch: where do i begin ? whatever Grandad :lol: Does it come with a extra stowage compartment for your pipe and slippers :D
GeoffT

Post by GeoffT »

Chungster wrote:There's more to life than 56 mpg and the sound of a tractor ;) eg 5mpg 7k rpm red line and the thrill of just giving the car a right proper seeing to!!!!! :lol:
I would agree for the 1% of the time when that is possible on our roads, but for the other 99% your just wasting money for potential that you can't use. I've had my share of fast petrol motors, but for normal use I'm now a total diesel convert (you may have guessed!) I'll ignore the tractor comment :lol:
Jane

Post by Jane »

Chungster wrote:There's more to life than 56 mpg and the sound of a tractor ;) eg 5mpg 7k rpm red line and the thrill of just giving the car a right proper seeing to!!!!! :lol:
Listen to the man Geoff, he's right ;)
GeoffT

Post by GeoffT »

Jane wrote:
What's not to like ? ..... Hmmm :scratch: where do i begin ? whatever Grandad :lol: Does it come with a extra stowage compartment for your pipe and slippers :D

Ahem, this from the girl with a Polo TDI?!!!! :lol:
Jane

Post by Jane »

GeoffT wrote:
Jane wrote:

Sssssh, :lol: have to keep stabbing my leg with a knife while driving it !
GeoffT

Post by GeoffT »

Jane wrote:
GeoffT wrote:
Jane wrote:

Sssssh, :lol: have to keep stabbing my leg with a knife while driving it !
:D I'd love to carry on this conversation, but I'm out of Werthers Originals and Old Holborn, and need to get the tractor out to drive to the shops in my dressing gown and slippers!!!
Jane

Post by Jane »

Ok Geoff, make sure you're home by 9.15 cos it's cocoa and lights out by 10 ;)
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

GeoffT wrote: I would agree for the 1% of the time when that is possible on our roads, but for the other 99% your just wasting money for potential that you can't use.
well i use mine to its full potential every day :D :D :D

but ok it does like to drink fuel but with the way the world is going I'm gonna get my driving thrills in before they make us all drive EV and Hybrids! :no: :no: :no:
panhandle
In: Rising Blue
Options: Everything bar the panoramic..

Post by panhandle »

Yes I too give mine a good spanking most days and whilst it is like an electormagnet to the pumps - there is defo more to life the what MPG your getting!
GeoffT

Post by GeoffT »

panhandle wrote:Yes I too give mine a good spanking most days
Typical "R" owner :lol:
Deagol
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Parking sensors, Winter pack, Black Leather, Flat Tyre indicator, Mudflaps
Pump & Music from another dimension

Post by Deagol »

Hey Geoff,

Do the local lads and ladettes go cruisin' along the seafront at Exmouth still ? I used to visit at weekends a few years ago and was always amused by the fine display of stereo versus exhaust note (!)
Nowt like the good old roar of a Corsa 1.0 to bring the hairs up on the back of your neck.... :lol:

(I think I'm veering off topic now)
Baptised with Aerosmith
GeoffT

Post by GeoffT »

Deagol wrote:Hey Geoff,

Do the local lads and ladettes go cruisin' along the seafront at Exmouth still ? I used to visit at weekends a few years ago and was always amused by the fine display of stereo versus exhaust note (!)
Nowt like the good old roar of a Corsa 1.0 to bring the hairs up on the back of your neck.... :lol:

(I think I'm veering off topic now)
Hey Deago,

Yes, it's still a good place to see the full range of Halfords accessories on a weekend. There is CCTV installed now following complaints about noise and dangerous driving, but if you love the sight and sound of a corsa 1.0 overloaded with plastic and with a rocket launcher for an exhaust, it's still the place to come :D