B Pillar Tints

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
skippy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by skippy »

I phoned my dealer today, I have build week 11. They allow 2 weeks for delivery back to UK (from Portugal I guess) and then I have been promised end of March delivery.
Musovski
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Post by Musovski »

Last week i ordered my 1.4tsi Scirocco and my dealer promised me that the car would be delivered at the end of April BUT then he contacted me today and told me that he dont have an confirmed built week for me and at the best the car would be delivered to me at mid July and i was ofcoursed very pissed. I dont want to waite nearly 6 months for a car! especially when the sales are down to the minimum and told him that either that he figures something out and gets me a car in time or i will cancel my order and bye from someone else!

damn im pissed and dissapointet my VW!
Paulus77
Options: DCC, Climatronic, 18" Polished Interlagos, Vienna Leather, Xenons, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, RCD 510, Superchips Bluefin remap

Post by Paulus77 »

Ordered November 2008, confirmed build date 11 week 2009 so I hope for pick up at the end of March. :clap:
dpaine

Post by dpaine »

finally got a confirmed build date,
ordered on the 17th January a 2.0t gt in sumatra with truffle leather, DVD Nav with Dynaudio, Winter Pack, Cruise, Parking Sensors, premium sills, aluminium pedals and Panoramic sunroof and have a build week of week 12, ready for beginning to mid april! so 2 and a bit months of nail biting excitement :)
coanda
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Pano Roof
Dynaudio
Truffle Leather
MDI
Folding Mirrors
Parking Sensors

Post by coanda »

Due to a change of circumstance, I'm ooot as they say!

If anyone is looking for a car in mid April, to the spec in my profile I can put you in touch with the guy I was dealing with.

Cheers guys!

Coanda
Kev
Administrator
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced now by an F-Type.

Post by Kev »

tartangti
Options: Anthracite Vienna Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Smokers Pack!

Post by tartangti »

Ordered mine on the 10th January and just got a confirmation that it's scheduled to be built on the week commencing the 9th March (Build week 10/11?) :clap:
gingerscotsman
Options: DVD Satnav, Dynaudio, Telephone Prep, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Electric Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Premium Mats.

Post by gingerscotsman »

Kev wrote:Mine's there..... somewhere :)

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.3 ... 4&t=h&z=17
I thought they were made in portugal? Or are they sent to Germany for final quality checks??

http://www.gearthhacks.com/downloads/map.php?file=8633
Kev
Administrator

Post by Kev »

I'm pretty sure someone else said once they ship out of Emden.
gingerscotsman
Options: DVD Satnav, Dynaudio, Telephone Prep, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Electric Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Premium Mats.

Post by gingerscotsman »

Probably one of these cons that companies use to say that their product is made in a certain place. It will say made in Germany on their books somewhere. Still a cracking car wherever its made / shipped from.
gingerscotsman

Post by gingerscotsman »

Found a factory tour on another site.

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/ ... 1814.shtml

Its a bit old but lets you see what the factory is like. It would be nice to get a tour and see your car being made. :)
Kev
Administrator

Post by Kev »

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... ilit=emden
My dealer has said it's at the port in Germany too, rather than Portugal.
gingerscotsman

Post by gingerscotsman »

These cars certainly do get a bit of a European tour before they get here eh !! :)

I suppose it would make sense for them to ship around the world VW's from all factories. Saves having a boat for each factory.
huds
In: Salsa Red
Options: Folding mirrors,pano Roof,Leather interior,premium door sil,Tyre sensor,Parking sensors.

Post by huds »

Bad Bad News today :yikes: .
Phoned dealer to see if he had a confirmed build date. He informed us that when we ordered on the 5th of December didnt actually go in until the 30th of January!!. I will now have to wait til sometime in May for delivery. That is of course unless its put back again. I now feel totally shafted and dont know if I want to carry on with this charade.We usually buy Audi and our local dealer is very good. You get a build date about 2 weeks after you order and it does not change. Wish I'd stuck with them. I thought Audi/VW were the same parent group but my god how different the workings are.
I really do feel :puke:
nickp
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Anthracite Leather, Dynaudio Soundpack, Park Sensor, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Smoking Pack,
Carpet Mats. GT Steering Wheel Badge, Metal Pedals, Pewter Arsenal Key Ring.

Post by nickp »

I was given a confirmed build date today of the week beginning 16th. March (which I believe is build week 12) and should have it in the first or second week in April.
I ordered on 27th. Jan and about 10 days after that was given an estimated date which turned out to be the exactly the same as the confirmed date.
I'm very happy with that. April can't come quickly enough though.
martdy
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Well after months & months of delays my car is now built and waiting along side Kevs at Emden for a ship :hyper:
Still can't believe I'm getting my new baby beginning of March :clap:
So all you guys who have had to wait a couple of months - stop moaning lol :lol:
Ordered mine on the 13th August!
It had better be worth it :nod:
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
msweb
Options: Dynaudio, smoking pack (for the cover), electronic parking brake, panoramic roof, winter pack, folding mirrors, parking sensors

Post by msweb »

I've just been given a date of 21st April + up to 1 week for delivery. The order was only put through today so 2 months really and that's with pano roof.
psycho9999
Options: Xenon , Cruise Control , Climatronic , Dynaudio , Park sensors , folding mirrors , winter pack

Post by psycho9999 »

So they have different delivery times for all countries ? I'm from Belgium ordered mine last week and got August and because I wanted the 18" rims it was 2 months longer So October it is :cry:
sara_brea

Post by sara_brea »

ordered one that was at week 8 through the production (stage 3 i think) any ideas how long i would have to wait from now?
dodds98
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Leather, Mats, Telephone prep, Dynaudio, Cruise control, Flat tyre indicator, Winter pack, Folding mirrors, Premium sills, Stainless steel pedals and Luggage tray

Post by dodds98 »

Ordered 31st Dec and was told yesterday, when I rang the dealer that I had a build date of week 14 and then 4 weeks delivery. So end of April I guess.

Which isn't great because I'm at work for 2 weeks from the 20th April and when I come home I go on holiday for 2 weeks. I'm going to have to wait, what feels like forever, to take it out. :grumpy: