My black Scirocco: *New wheels fitted*

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Re: My black rocco finally arrived! - Lowered & summer wheel

Post by maisbitt »

Nooooo! :doh:

With photos like that i'm starting to wish i'd gone back to black instead of Rising Blue for the new one I should be getting at the end of the month. :?

Am I having a Jeff moment? :faint:
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
kenti
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
Options: R-Line Plus, R-Line black leather, Xenon, RCD510 w/Dynaudio, Tinted windows, Safety alarm with sensors inside, Mirror pack, Light pack, Tyre pressure control, DAB, Telepone prep, Media-in, DCC, Parking sensors, Winter pack, 18" Mallory for the winter

Post by kenti »

maisbitt wrote:Nooooo! :doh:

With photos like that i'm starting to wish i'd gone back to black instead of Rising Blue for the new one I should be getting at the end of the month. :?

Am I having a Jeff moment? :faint:
:D

I think many of ut have those moments now and then. The "problem" is that the rocco looks very good in all colours!
kenti
Options: R-Line Plus, R-Line black leather, Xenon, RCD510 w/Dynaudio, Tinted windows, Safety alarm with sensors inside, Mirror pack, Light pack, Tyre pressure control, DAB, Telepone prep, Media-in, DCC, Parking sensors, Winter pack, 18" Mallory for the winter

Post by kenti »

Today I washed my winter wheels so they are clean before storing them until winther arrives again.

Rinsed with water after a round of Bilberry and cheapo degreaser. Still some grit left as you can see.

And here after I used Grime Reaper degreaser + misc brushes. Turned of quite good.

Now I only have to wax them with Chemical Guys Wheel Guard.
lokyt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: 18" Interlagos, Vienna Black Leather, Cruise Control, Rear Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Dynaudio Pack, Badge Deletion, Electric Mirrors, Stainless Steel Sills, Alloy Pedals, LEDs

Post by lokyt »

Finally my bulbs from DX have arrived. Just in time to fit this weekend. If I have any problems I'll pm you Kenti :)
Ryy
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

OMG I hate all LHD Scirocco's!!! - The LHD foot rest is one of my wishes in the RHD. Looks Sooooooo much better. Jealous-in-hell.

Awesome car mate ;)
kenti

Post by kenti »

Installed LED tail lights yesterday.

LED vs original (with reverse lights on..)

10d
I drive a: Scirocco R

My black rocco finally arrived! - new LED tail lights

Post by 10d »

Loving the LED tails! I suppose they are no OEMs? Looks subtle but different.
neverenough88

Re: My black rocco finally arrived! - new LED tail lights

Post by neverenough88 »

Are these smoked red ?

Looks superb with black !
kenti

Post by kenti »

10d wrote:Loving the LED tails! I suppose they are no OEMs? Looks subtle but different.
Thanks!
Correct, they are not OEM (but should have been). I was going for the OEM-look, with the only difference beeing LEDs, and this is the closed you'll get today I believe.
neverenough88 wrote:Are these smoked red ?

Looks superb with black !
Yep, these are the red/smoke. A little bit darker than the R-Line/R lamps.
supra253
Options: Dynamic chassis, Xenon, RCD 510 with Dynaudio, R-line interior, tinted front side windows, lowered, 19"'s all year around, Scirocco R front+rear bumper+exhaust

Post by supra253 »

hmm...maybe it's my time to steal a mod from you now! ;)
--------------------------------------------
Odd
kenti

Post by kenti »

supra253 wrote:hmm...maybe it's my time to steal a mod from you now! ;)
Hehe, of course :p
kenti

Post by kenti »

Yesterday I got a new exhaust fitted. It's a 2.0L exhaust from a pal's Scirocco that's about 2-3 weeks old.

We thought that the 1.4L and 2.0L exhausts was the same, with the only difference beeing the chrome tail pipes. That was not the case, the 2.0L exhaust has another silencer and larger tubes as well.

The result: deeper and louder roar :)

Here is a couple of shots of my new exhaust.

neverenough88

Post by neverenough88 »

So you have only welded new tips or whole back silencer ?

Cheers
kenti

Post by kenti »

No, no welding.
I have changed the exhaust that goes from the middle of the car, including silencer and rear silencer.
crazy007
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
Options: Bi-Xenon, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Scirocco Branded Mats, Premium Protection pack

Post by crazy007 »

kenti wrote:Installed LED tail lights yesterday.

LED vs original (with reverse lights on..)

Looks Awesome!! Where did you get the lights from????
lupas

Post by lupas »

LED tail lights are looking great!! Your whole car is looking wicked. Where did you get your LED tail lights from? Also, for the front how many LED bulbs will I need to change the lights you did? Sorry if I'm sounding dumb :shrug:
kenti

Post by kenti »

crazy007 wrote: Looks Awesome!! Where did you get the lights from????
lupas wrote:LED tail lights are looking great!! Your whole car is looking wicked. Where did you get your LED tail lights from? Also, for the front how many LED bulbs will I need to change the lights you did? Sorry if I'm sounding dumb :shrug:
Thanks for the comments, guys!
I bought the LED tail lights from http://www.topauto.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. These are the red/smoke version.

@ lupas: In the front I have changed the W5W side lights, I used these: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/f102c-1-6w ... -12v-37591" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have also changed the P21W bulbs for the DRLs to LED.
kenti

Post by kenti »

Tinted the front side windows today, which made a huge difference I think! Same tint as original.

BEFORE

AFTER

lokyt
Options: 18" Interlagos, Vienna Black Leather, Cruise Control, Rear Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Dynaudio Pack, Badge Deletion, Electric Mirrors, Stainless Steel Sills, Alloy Pedals, LEDs

Re: My black rocco finally arrived! - Front windows tinted

Post by lokyt »

Bad boy Rocco Kenti. I'm jealous. Still waiting for my LED bulbs :(
xypher
In: Dark Oak
Options: Premium Pack (rns 310, Park Assist, Climatronic, Light/Sight module with moving mirrors, Multifunctional Leather Steering wheel
Duo Tone Leather (black/brown)
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Re: My black rocco finally arrived! - Front windows tinted

Post by xypher »

great looking rocco kenti!
just not a real fan of the tail lights but hey, thats taste right :nod:

i love the tinted front windows, to bad it's illegal here in belgium, and i can't just keep driving windows down all day long :shrug: :D