What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
stephen swain
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: none- fitting golf mk6 GTI side skirts and colour coding grill and interior fittings

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by stephen swain »

When I pestered VW UK they asked specificaly if I had ordered DAB or DSG as both were delaying production. I have only speced a standard Viper tdi GT. Nothing special. Miraculously they confirmed factory acceptance within 2 days. Had they lost the order on the system ? your guess is as good as mine. The first girl I spoke to was brilliant and really spent the time to chase things up. The follow up call came from a right snotty cow who should think seriously about a career change. Customer focused she was not. No wonder she was thrown out of the Samaritans
yaroc
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, DAB ,Mats

Post by yaroc »

I think I've spoken to her
stephen swain
Options: none- fitting golf mk6 GTI side skirts and colour coding grill and interior fittings

Post by stephen swain »

Dealer phoned today and asked what had I said to VW UK. Whatever it was, it did the trick. By some miracle, my build date has been confirmed at week 23. I think thats 6 June ,not Sept/Octoberas suggested last week. Can't wait
YAHOO !!!!!!
whicher
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2 Zone Climate, Cruise Control, Paddleshift, Colour MFD, Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, Front Fogs, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Tinted Glass, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Fixed Price Servicing.

Post by whicher »

Scott_mac wrote:Received notification that mine has now arrived, just some paperwork to sort out and then to get her!

Stupidly excited!
Very exciting!!! You got it get mate? :D
Ordered: 27th February 2011
VW Confirmed Build Week: 13
Built: 28th March 2011
Delivered to Dealer: 21st April 2011
Pickup: 30th April 2011

Time from order to delivery: 2months 3 days :D
Gronk
Options: Bluetooth, cruise, metallic

Post by Gronk »

At last! VW confirmed build next week, week 20.

Originally ordered September 2011!

Dealer full of excuses, won't admit that they accepted more orders than they had allocation to fill!

But there is light at the end of the tunnel now!
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Great to hear gronk but you got your dates wrong!!
Gronk wrote:Originally ordered September 2011!
Gronk

Post by Gronk »

Gronk wrote:At last! VW confirmed build next week, week 20.

Originally ordered September 2011!

Dealer full of excuses, won't admit that they accepted more orders than they had allocation to fill!

But there is light at the end of the tunnel now!
LOL in the excitement I gained a year...ordered September 2010!
Scott_mac
In: Night Blue
Options: Multifunction Wheel, Bluetooth, Cruise Control

Post by Scott_mac »

whicher wrote:
Scott_mac wrote:Received notification that mine has now arrived, just some paperwork to sort out and then to get her!

Stupidly excited!
Very exciting!!! You got it get mate? :D
Not yet, dragging feet happening with getting the lease documents signed... hopefully by the end of next week, she'll be mine!
Current:
2011 VW Scirocco 1.4TSi DSG
2001 Citroen Saxo 1.1 Desire
1972 VW Beetle 1302S
1967 Lotus Elan +2 130S

Previous:
2008 Toyota Avensis 2.2 D-4D TR
1998 Lotus Elise
1998 Peugeot 106 Rallye
*Deleted to avoid embarrassment*
niggy
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Salsa Red

Post by niggy »

Just had call from Lease company..... After 7 months wait it is finally almost ready.

Delivery arranged for 8.30am Saturday ! Can't wait now am all excited
henryj
In: Silver Leaf
Options: Bluetooth
DAB radio

Post by henryj »

HI guys,

My first time posting here but have been reading a lot since I placed my order last month. I spoke to my dealership today who told me my car was still waiting for a build date but on phoning volkswagen directly I was told it has a provisional build week of 24, which if I phone back in two weeks or so should be confirmed. They also noted I was doing very well to get this far so quickly.... And mine also has DAB radio which doesn't appear to have held it up.

Anyone know about how long it will be from that build week until delivery? And how often does the "estimated" date get pushed back?

Thanks in advance
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Hi Henry :wave:
delivery is usually 3-4 weeks after build is complete, we have the 'technology' to estimate what boat your roc will arrive in the UK ok here
if your build week does shift it is usually only a week either way which doesn't make massive amounts of difference :)

what you have said has clearly shown me dealers are being more cautious about advising build weeks and not saying much if anything till they are confirmed or the car is actually built.

S
cornelce

Post by cornelce »

Got a phone call from the dealer this morning to tell me that my temporary build week 22 has now changed to week 24. This is brilliant. Just brilliant.

GRRR!!!
niggy

Post by niggy »

niggy wrote:Just had call from Lease company..... After 7 months wait it is finally almost ready.

Delivery arranged for 8.30am Saturday ! Can't wait now am all excited
1 more sleep............................ can the excitment get any better :hyper:
niggy

Post by niggy »

If the delivery is late, is it fair game to string him up and beat him...
ScottyUK
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: bluetooth prep, parking sensors, smokers pack, DAB radio, Dynaudio & carpets

Post by ScottyUK »

Just back from hols and received some good news, estimated build week 22, so according to the dealer I should get it at the end of June. :D :clap: :D

cynical me ain't holding my breath, it was only confirmed three weeks ago! :eyepop:
maisbitt
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

Just wondering how often dealers get it wrong, or how well informed they are about arrival times....

My "on time" Roc was scheduled to be a week 18 build. I got a phonecall from my dealer on Friday 13th May to say my car had been finished and delivered to the docks the day before (Thursday 12th May). This would imply to me that it was actually a week 19 build.

I expected the car to be on the Bouzas (Sheerness express), sailing from Sebutal on the 17th May and arriving in Sheerness on the 19th May. With that in mind, I was hoping the car would be getting to the dealership maybe tomorrow (24th May)/Weds (25th May) at the latest for me to get my mitts on it this coming weekend.

Got an email at work from my dealer on Friday 20th May, after I left for home to say my car has been built for over a week now and is waiting to be shipped. :shrug:

Do Rocs routinely take well over a week waiting at dockside for shipping? The Bouzas left 5 days after my car supposedly arrived at the dock.

I'm hoping my dealer just isn't properly informed. I've never had a commission number/build number to check with VW UK myself. The salesman is off today, as he works weekends.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
Gronk

Post by Gronk »

Stopped calling my dealer/lease company for updates as I've not been able to trust anything they have said since I ordered last September...

VW Customer Services confimred the build week as week 20 last time I called them, today they confirmed it was built on the 19th...may manage to get on this weeks boat, may be the next.

Anyone got any ideas on the boats leaving this week?
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Gronk wrote:Anyone got any ideas on the boats leaving this week?
any confirmed boats will be in >> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... &start=980" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
maisbitt
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

Gronk: Being involved with a leasing company normally muddies the waters a little, compared to a sale dealt with directly through the dealer. They normally say they'll get you one within a certain timeframe no matter the allocation implications and availabilities of their supplying dealership.

Can you ring VW up for progress without having the commission number to hand? Would the dealerships name, model and listed extras be enough for them to identify your car and tell you where it is, or will I have to get the commission number off the dealer?
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
Chillout
Options: 1.4TSI Stage 1++(~220BHP), sunroof, 18" Interlagos, black interior rooflining, premium leather multifunctional steering wheel, electronic mirrors, tinted rear windows, footwell lighting, fog lights, coming/leaving home, mats, smokers pack, media-connection, cruise control and lots more...

Post by Chillout »

My confirmed build date is 9th of november 2008. I got the data from a system at the Dutch VW importer.