Tail Gate rattle - My final answer

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
ktmdave
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: BiXenon headlamps
front fog lights
510 6CD radio with touch screen
Chip Logic 200HP ECU flashing
Custom paint on grill surround
Kufatec BlueTooth module
Heated leather seats
Cruise Control

Tail Gate rattle - My final answer

Post by ktmdave »

I think I have read every post on the annoying tail gate rattle.
I have adjusted the bump stopped NUMEROUS times, had it at the agents, inspected all the plastics etc etc.

Asked one of my guys at work to cut me some sticky sided foam rubber to play with in various locations.

He pointed out the WARNING TRIANGLE - its very loose in the indent and clips provided, NEVER NOTICED IT BEFORE.

Put some sponge rubber in to stop it moving and have tested for rattles now over the past 6 days.

THE RATTLE HAS GONE

I was reluctant to post this untill I had checked it for a few days

THE RATTLE HAS GONE

its like a new car (18 months and 35 000km later) Dam if only I had worked this out earlier
Drewcam
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150

Re: Tail Gate rattle - My final answer

Post by Drewcam »

Interesting..

I have the tail gate greak/rattle but I do not have the warning triangle in the boot where it should be. (used car and it wasn't there when i bought it)

I wish my solution was as easyas yours :D
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Drewcam wrote:..but I do not have the warning triangle in the boot where it should be. (used car and it wasn't there when i bought it)
that would be because it is not standard equipment in the UK.
you may need to adjust your boot bump stops http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/roccop ... t_tailgate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Strat
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: This and that.

Post by Strat »

trix wrote:
Drewcam wrote:..but I do not have the warning triangle in the boot where it should be. (used car and it wasn't there when i bought it)
that would be because it is not standard equipment in the UK.
you may need to adjust your boot bump stops http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/roccop ... t_tailgate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
i agree, my dealer also replaced a part (there's a note out from VW about it to technicians), seems to be ok since then!
Rolling Deep...
Drewcam
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150

Post by Drewcam »

trix wrote: that would be because it is not standard equipment in the UK
That makes me feel like i'v not been robbed of anything woohoo :D

trix wrote:you may need to adjust your boot bump stops http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/roccop ... t_tailgate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for that trix. I was aware that there was a remidy for this problem somwhere on here but was going to get the dealer to sort it whenever it was in next. I may give this a go :yes:
ktmdave
Options: BiXenon headlamps
front fog lights
510 6CD radio with touch screen
Chip Logic 200HP ECU flashing
Custom paint on grill surround
Kufatec BlueTooth module
Heated leather seats
Cruise Control

Post by ktmdave »

My rattle came back.

One thing I forgot to mention: (Excuse the description) The luggage area "cover" (part attatched to the 2 strings) has two small soft rubber L shaped pads attached to it to cushion the cover from the hard plastic on the LHS and RHS of the luggage compartment (boot)(not lid). These rubbers are fitted via a bad design and tend to slip away from cover. just reposition them, I will glue mine in the correct position.

I hope you guys know what I mean (I never noticed them before) but I am also to busy/lazy to take/host/ post pictures.

Will someone give me confirmation.
webbyal
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black

Post by webbyal »

my car has been into garage 4 times for this rattle - they have replaced the shock absorber housings they adjusted the seat brackets and also said it was a design fault!!

finally i think they have fixed it - after having the car for 4 days by changing the rubbers/housings for the tailgate where it hits the body. think this has fixed it but not taken car on any long distance yet

watch this space!!
BabyRoc
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box

Post by BabyRoc »

I have the same problem - I kept climbing into the back seat adjusting everything I can but it was useless. The rattle drives me nuts!!!! I will give this a go & see; hopefully it works :)