annoying knocking

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
happymum67
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: rear parking sensors,factory matts.premium sills,rear cupholder,front fogs

annoying knocking

Post by happymum67 »

Hi everyone
Just thought I would share this with you all. I had the taigate rattle and a few others to go with it. The car is now 1yr old,9000miles. When driving the car would creak inside,tried to find it myself.To no avail. When the window was closed it seemed worse? Ended up back at Verve.where I got it.Give them there due,they kept it 4 days and eventually found it after taking the back interior out twice!!! They adjusted the doors and Keepers they shut on.Then adjusted the windows.Problem seems to be solved. Anybody else have this creaking? If so,I hope this helps
Cheers
Iain
Jordy Racer
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
Options: Panoramic Sunroof, Electric Fold Mirrors, Heated Electric Vienne Truffle Leather, Optic Parking Sensors

Re: annoying knocking

Post by Jordy Racer »

I have a creaky/knocking noise coming from my door, when i took it to VW they said it was the door lock?? They adjusted 1 which cured it, but now the other door and boot seem to do the same. In for service soon so they can sort it then
happymum67
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: rear parking sensors,factory matts.premium sills,rear cupholder,front fogs

Post by happymum67 »

Yea,seems to be a common fault on the scirocco.The boot noise especially.Plenty of reports on this,Its usually the black stoppers on the hatch fhat need adjusting
jodavan
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
Options: Glass roof, electric mirrors, climate control, DAB radio, sill guards

Post by jodavan »

After 18 months of wasted time, lots of visits to the dealer, lots of money spent on 'courtesy' cars, a change of door latches and lots of VW 'paste' at the dealers, VW customer services have concluded that the creaking and door movement is a feature of the car that is due to pillarless glass. I had a Supra for 18 years and it never creaked nor did the doors move due to uneven road surfaces. It seems that the movement is always more during warm weather or well into a long run as the car heats up and the door seals soften. Has anyone solved the problem with new door seals??
If, like me, you feel abandoned by VW, you could try the following: The creaking can be lessened by using nylon lubricant on the window seals and careful placing of a 1" cube rubber foam block in the door frame, at the waist line, will reduce the tendency for the doors to bang - it stops them moving. However, beware that these fixes may negate the warranty.