She's finally here..... MORE PICS Pg 3

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Sootchucker
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Bluetooth, RNS-510 Nav, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Puddle lights, covered cup holder, rear air vents (working), door warning lights)

Re: She's finally here.....

Post by Sootchucker »

maisbitt wrote:I'm under the impression that the smokers pack gives you a rear ashtray as well as the front (according to the VW pricelist document which lists all the options)
Like I said bud, I could be wrong. Just give us a shout if you need any help with the codings, although I have to say, everything I've done is thanks to PM and general posts from the members of this and Net's forums :yes:
Jeffao
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
Options: Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenon's, Pano Roof, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Cruise, Elec Folding Mirrors. Smokers Pack (for covered storage area), BMT, Coloured MFD, Tyre pressure Ind.
RNS-510 SatNav (video-in-motion enabled) + Voice Control & safety camera database, VW Bluetooth (iPhone5) Led Drl's.

Post by Jeffao »

Hi Again Sootchucker / maisbitt & all

Looks like your havin fun!

I'm in the process of obtaining the cable and vcds, wanting that large mph digital readout on the coloured mfd.

I ordered the smokers pack to cover the front tray but it does not include a rear cover/ashtray just an open cubby hole area.
lloyd daniel
With a: Manual box
Options: pano roof , dynoaudio , leather seats

Post by lloyd daniel »

did you buy the r model black center surrond from the dealer and how much did it cost?
lloyd daniel
Options: pano roof , dynoaudio , leather seats

Post by lloyd daniel »

aww i am so jealous i ordered mine on the 4th of january same engine , same colour and mine is not meant to be coming till the last week in june :/ when did you order yours?
Sootchucker
Options: Bluetooth, RNS-510 Nav, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Puddle lights, covered cup holder, rear air vents (working), door warning lights)

Post by Sootchucker »

lloyd daniel wrote:aww i am so jealous i ordered mine on the 4th of january same engine , same colour and mine is not meant to be coming till the last week in june :/ when did you order yours?
12th Jan this year mate :D
Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker »

lloyd daniel wrote:did you buy the r model black center surrond from the dealer and how much did it cost?
Yes, just over twenty quid if I remember right.
ayeaye
Options: Candy White Scirocco - August 2009 - March 2013
Now replaced with a MINI Cooper S

Post by ayeaye »

Sootchucker wrote: Yes, just over twenty quid if I remember right.
How long did it take your dealer to get one in stock - I've been waiting must be 6 weeks now and apparently still on back order. I'm beginning to wonder whether they've ordered it at all.
Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker »

ayeaye wrote:
How long did it take your dealer to get one in stock - I've been waiting must be 6 weeks now and apparently still on back order. I'm beginning to wonder whether they've ordered it at all.
Ordered it on a Tuesday, picked it up along with the sliding cup holder, rear air vents etc, on the Friday, so 4 days, didn't know there was an issue with supply ?
ayeaye

Post by ayeaye »

Sootchucker wrote:
ayeaye wrote:
Ordered it on a Tuesday, picked it up along with the sliding cup holder, rear air vents etc, on the Friday, so 4 days, didn't know there was an issue with supply ?
Ta for the info - I'm going to go and speak to my local parts department again. Joy.
maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

Or you could speak to your local TPS branch, if they deal with the general public (some do, so only serve trade).

I would like the black suround, but only in conjuction with piano black strips elsewhere - wonder how much the piano black strip set would be (just planted a thought in Sootchuckers head). :D
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker »

maisbitt wrote: (just planted a thought in Sootchuckers head). :D
Nah.. I'm fine with the rest of the trim being silver, it was just the bit around the head unit that I didn't like :D
ayeaye

Post by ayeaye »

maisbitt wrote:Or you could speak to your local TPS branch, if they deal with the general public (some do, so only serve trade).

I would like the black suround, but only in conjuction with piano black strips elsewhere - wonder how much the piano black strip set would be (just planted a thought in Sootchuckers head). :D
Turns out the part hadn't been ordered - after I changed the climate controls over, I had ordered a silver trim and duly collected it. Then changed my mind and wanted a black one - they hadn't realised it was a separate thing, despite the orders being placed weeks apart so hadn't ordered the black trim. So hopefully sometime next week it should be here.

I agree with Sootchucker, just the trim around the head unit to be replaced - like the contrast of the silver elsewhere.
maisbitt
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

Maybe the car will look a bit too black with the trim everywhere else, and the other stuff in Silver matches the Toblerone handles. I suppose the gloss black surround matches the gloss black casing of the unit itself. Maybe VWs are a bit too black on the interior (excluding truffle leather). Almost wish for the black seats with electric blue/black woven centre panels of my old Polo Sport.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker »

As I've had the car over a week now, thought I would report back with firstly my thoughts, and secondly a few more piccies (as I'm a pic whore :D )

Things that have gone wrong / broken / rattles / creaks etc.

Absolutley nothing - currently (fingers crossed, touches wood) it's perfect.

Design touches that annoy / disapoint

Having the open front cubby holder and no sliding cup holder near the handbrake, smacks of penny pinching. As does the lack of rear cup holders / vents. Although all these items are easlily (relatively) added, albeit at a cost. As you know these mods already done.

Why is there only one rear light on the drivers side at the back ? Why not 2 for both passengers / symmetry ?

Metal pedals (in my opinion) should be standard on GT and higher spec models.

Folding mirrors, only controllable via the knob, not the locking / unlocking which would have been better.

Ride height too high for a car with "sporting" pretentions. Lowering springs could be on the books for the future.

Storage spaces (for nick nacks) lacking, although this could equally apply to all coupe's ? It's just that VW already have underseat storage drawers in the ranges (Polo, Passat, Golf, Jetta etc.), so why couldn't they be added to the Roc. Also, a lack of front seat storage pockets on the backs seems strange, as I guess it makes the Roc the only (or one of the only) VW models without them. I like to carry things like spare pair of glasses, bulbs, fuses, notepad, pens etc., and these all fitted nicely in the Golf seat pockets and storage bins. I know you could argue that as a coupe it shouldn't need them but as they are there on nearly every other car in the range, why not the Roc ? Even if they were a storage pack option like on the Golf and Jetta models ?

Why are only some options available to other courtries and not the UK ? Front Sensors, adaptive cruise control, adaptive lighting, KESSY, Rear view camera etc. Surely as all Roc's are made on the same production line no matter where in the world they are destined, we can all have the option of the same standard cost options ?

No rear boot handle and high boot lip. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE the looks of the Rocco, just found it a little strange that VW didn't continue the boot lid downwards more towards the bumper line, to give a lower loading sill, and then they woul dhave been able to incorporate a proper VW boot handle.

I know what you are all thinking...... "If he loved the Golf so much, why didnt' he bloody well keep it!" :D Well, the Golf was starting to look a little tired and dated in my eyes, but some of the design touches were really thoughtful, and I just feel the Roc could have been an ever better car (in my view of course) if some of these touches had been incorporated in the Rocco.

At the end of the day, do I regret my decision in bying the Rocco... ABSOLUTELY NO. I fricking love it, even with it's faults :p :p

Things I didn't add (at spec stage)

Sunroof - No. The loan car I had was equipped with this, and I was a little disapointed that in only tilted not slid. So for me at least, over £700 well saved.

Xenons - Not sure. Expensive at £960 list, but I've never had xenons, so what I havn't had I don't miss. The standard headlights with Flux's upgraded bulbs seem really good, so at that price, then Xenon's must be fantastic !

Leather Upholstery - Now I can say, a deffo NO ! I specced my last 2 cars with leather, and never really got much back on them at resale time, and VW's price of £1,740.00 is frankly rediculous. Yes, it looks better ans smells better. Will it wear better than cloth - doubtful, is the cloth trim crap - certainly not. It's actually one of the better cloth trims in my opinion.

19" Luguna Alloys - No, 18" fine for me. Tyres will be expensive enough to replace.

As I said, these are my opinions only, and I in no way mean to belittle anyone who has specced any of the above options. Having different views is what makes us all different and interesting :vibes:

Anyway, enough chatter, a few more pics taken today in better weather.

jammyd
Options: Bluetooth, Cruise Control... and a button in the roof which does not do anything! oh and I have just found I have TPMS which I did not order!

Re: She's finally here..... MORE PICS Pg 3

Post by jammyd »

looking very good...

Thanks for the help on Saturday! forgot the alarm beep but that can wait! Only thing which bugs me at the moment is the safe locking, who on earth sets deadlock on one click and then removes the deadlock if you click it twice! mind boggling!

2011 Rising Blue 170GT TDI DSG (its on my drive!)
2010 Candy White Roc Now Gone :(
2008 Meteor Grey TT TDI
2005 Deep Blue Golf GT TDI
The Cars before do not matter!
Heefy

Post by Heefy »

jammyd wrote:looking very good...

Thanks for the help on Saturday! forgot the alarm beep but that can wait! Only thing which bugs me at the moment is the safe locking, who on earth sets deadlock on one click and then removes the deadlock if you click it twice! mind boggling!
Seriously they don't do they?
mickwillow
Options: Vienna Leather
Bi Xenon Headlights
Winter pack
Metal Pedals
Lux Mats
VW Individual Sills
DAB Radio
Dynaudio Premium Sound
Interlagos 18's
Parking sensors
Electronic folding mirrors
Eos's rear drinks holder
Golf rear vents
VW BT

Post by mickwillow »

love your candy sootchucker !!!!! Full marks m8 :yes:
Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker »

mickwillow wrote:love your candy sootchucker !!!!! Full marks m8 :yes:
Thanks mate. Very much appreciated :yes:
whicher
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2 Zone Climate, Cruise Control, Paddleshift, Colour MFD, Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, Front Fogs, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Tinted Glass, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Fixed Price Servicing.

Post by whicher »

Is that the new standard DSG gear stick Roc's are coming with now?
Ordered: 27th February 2011
VW Confirmed Build Week: 13
Built: 28th March 2011
Delivered to Dealer: 21st April 2011
Pickup: 30th April 2011

Time from order to delivery: 2months 3 days :D
Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker »

Yep (and Polo's & probably Golf''s, Jetta etc). I know because the wife's new Polo has the same stick.