My black Scirocco: *New wheels fitted*

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
kenti
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: R-Line Plus, R-Line black leather, Xenon, RCD510 w/Dynaudio, Tinted windows, Safety alarm with sensors inside, Mirror pack, Light pack, Tyre pressure control, DAB, Telepone prep, Media-in, DCC, Parking sensors, Winter pack, 18" Mallory for the winter

Re: My black rocco finally arrived! - Now with LEDs

Post by kenti »

Edit picture post (http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 820#p73820" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;): Changed to better quality pics because the previous ones were compressed by the server they were uploaded to... :mad:
kenti
Options: R-Line Plus, R-Line black leather, Xenon, RCD510 w/Dynaudio, Tinted windows, Safety alarm with sensors inside, Mirror pack, Light pack, Tyre pressure control, DAB, Telepone prep, Media-in, DCC, Parking sensors, Winter pack, 18" Mallory for the winter

Post by kenti »

New package arrived today. Can't wait to get them mounted :clap:

supra253
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: Dynamic chassis, Xenon, RCD 510 with Dynaudio, R-line interior, tinted front side windows, lowered, 19"'s all year around, Scirocco R front+rear bumper+exhaust

Post by supra253 »

Nice :yes:
Same as my kit (just different axle load). Hoping to get it on next week.
--------------------------------------------
Odd
kenti

Post by kenti »

Just sent you a PM, Odd :)
deen
In: Candy White

Post by deen »

Hi there,

Nice colour and it looks pretty sleek. Nice looking wheels too. Well it's amazing that you can add all the options as in Malaysia we are tied with what the distributor brings in. I am planning to purchase the 1.4 160 TSI, most probably in deep black but the 2.0 210TSI seems to be better spec.

Check out the specs here (we only have 2 engine variants 1.4 160TSI and 2.0 210TSI)
http://my.volkswagen.com/vwcms/master_p ... occo0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The 2.0 210TSI is better spec with the 18" wheels, leather, RCD 510 and the lot. But price is a bit steep.....

Enjoy your ride.

Deen
kenti

Post by kenti »

Hi deen,
Thank you for your coments.

In some countries I see the dealers have predefined variants of the Scirocco. I like the freedom of specing the car my self, but on the bright side you won't be "ripped" when ticking of for the extras :) And I assume that dealers that offer predefined variants also have shorter delivery time?

There are some extras with the 210PS variant that I'd want, like the DCC, leather seats, RCD500 and of course the extra BHP :)
supra253
Options: Dynamic chassis, Xenon, RCD 510 with Dynaudio, R-line interior, tinted front side windows, lowered, 19"'s all year around, Scirocco R front+rear bumper+exhaust

Post by supra253 »

kenti wrote:Hi deen,
There are some extras with the 210PS variant that I'd want, like the DCC, leather seats, RCD500 and of course the extra BHP :)
This is available on the 160BHP as well you know...except the 210BHP of course ;)
--------------------------------------------
Odd
deen

Post by deen »

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately in Malaysia there's no option :( . Like what kenti mentioned, the dealers have predefined variants for the Scirocco and there's no specing so to say. It also cost a bomb, about 39,000 pounds for the 1.4 160PS and 50,000 pounds for the 2.0 210PSI.

Below are the standard specs for the 160PS variant. Sorry, I think I took the whole page for it. Will let you guys know once I placed my order.

160PS TSI standard equipment
• 160PS TSI twincharged direct petrol injection 4-cylinder engine with 7-speed direct shift gearbox DSG
• Seat upholstery and door panel trim in "Merlin" fabric
• "Long Beach" alloy wheels, 7 J x 17" with wheel security system,tyres 225/45 R17
• "RCD 310" with MP3 player function, 8 speakers

Interior
• "Climatronic" air-conditioning system with 2-zone temperature control
• Ambience lighting
• Illuminated vanity mirrors in sun visor
• Interior light in footwell
• Multi-function leather-covered 3-spoke steering wheel with paddle shift control for DSG
• MEDIA-IN USB/iPod media interface
• Undivided rear bench seat, symmetrically split-folding backrest
• Sports front seats

Exterior
• Door mirrors with integrated turn signals
• Heat-insulating green tinted glass
• Power folding mirrors, heated separately with environment lighting and curb view
• Twin exhaust tailpipes
• White turn signals integrated in front bumper

Safety
• 2 safety-optimized front head restraints and 2 frame-type head restraints at the rear
• Automatically dimming rear view mirror
• Bi-xenon headlights including static cornering light and dynamic automatic headlight-range adjustment
• Brake pad wear indicator
• Curtain airbag system for front and rear passenger including side airbags at the front
• Driver and front passenger airbag with front passenger airbag deactivation
• Electronic differential lock EDL
• Electronic stabilization programme ESP with counter steering assistance
• Electronic vehicle immobilization device
• Electronically controlled anti-lock braking system ABS with electronic brake-pressure distribution EBD and brake assistant
• Front and rear disc brakes (front ventilated)
• Front and rear fog lights
• Height and reach adjustable steering wheel
• Hill-hold control
• Park distance control
• Power-assisted steering, speed sensitive
• Rain sensor
• Traction control system TCS
• Warning triangle breakdown sign
lokyt
Options: 18" Interlagos, Vienna Black Leather, Cruise Control, Rear Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Dynaudio Pack, Badge Deletion, Electric Mirrors, Stainless Steel Sills, Alloy Pedals, LEDs

Post by lokyt »

Anyone know whether the w5w bulbs kenti used for the reg plates and side lights can be used for passenger footwell and reading light? Or do they cause the footwells to turn off after 5 seconds. Thanks

Are they CANBUS or non CANBUS. Is it the non CANBUS ones that con't bring up error messages on the MFD??
kenti

Post by kenti »

lokyt wrote:Anyone know whether the w5w bulbs kenti used for the reg plates and side lights can be used for passenger footwell and reading light? Or do they cause the footwells to turn off after 5 seconds. Thanks

Are they CANBUS or non CANBUS. Is it the non CANBUS ones that con't bring up error messages on the MFD??
The LEDS with canbus prevents the error message from arising.

For the sidelights, footwells and sidemirrors you need LEDs with canbus: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/f102c-1-6w ... -12v-37591" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For the reading lights, glove box and reg plate you may use LEDs without canbus: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/t9-2w-30-l ... pair-35725" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For the light in the trunk/luggage room you need: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/42mm-2w-65 ... -12v-51376" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For the light in the back seats and for the make-up mirrors you need: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/festoon-0- ... -12v-17887" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps.

I also got new fabric floor mats yesterday:
lokyt
Options: 18" Interlagos, Vienna Black Leather, Cruise Control, Rear Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Dynaudio Pack, Badge Deletion, Electric Mirrors, Stainless Steel Sills, Alloy Pedals, LEDs

Post by lokyt »

Thanks Kenti, useful post. How long do they last? Have you had to replace any or are they still going?
discowill
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Black Leather, RNS510, Rear Sensors, Cruise Control, Luxury Mats & Full Promotional Vinyl Wrap coming soon

Post by discowill »

More info in the 'lights' http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... m.php?f=39 section of the forum.
discowill wrote: Rear:
W5W 12V QUAD LED SIDELIGHT BULBS XENON WHITE (Number Plate) - http://bit.ly/eEQr3U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Inside:
Installed Led W5W set into footwells & main interior lights.
W5W 12V QUAD LED SIDELIGHT BULBS XENON WHITE (Side lights/DRL) - http://bit.ly/eEQr3U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whicher
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2 Zone Climate, Cruise Control, Paddleshift, Colour MFD, Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, Front Fogs, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Tinted Glass, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Fixed Price Servicing.

Post by whicher »

Those lights look fab Kenti! Think I'll be getting some of those when my car arrives. :)

A quick and perhaps silly question for you... In the photos the lights next to the Xenon's don't seem to be on at all. What are they for, as I'm presuming that dipped and main beam Xenon is the same light? I'm getting Xenons too, which is why I'm interested in knowing.

Thanks mate,
James
Ordered: 27th February 2011
VW Confirmed Build Week: 13
Built: 28th March 2011
Delivered to Dealer: 21st April 2011
Pickup: 30th April 2011

Time from order to delivery: 2months 3 days :D
kenti

Post by kenti »

lokyt wrote:Thanks Kenti, useful post. How long do they last? Have you had to replace any or are they still going?
Haven't had them for that long, so can't comment on the durability I am afraid. I haven't had to replace any of them yet.
kenti

Post by kenti »

whicher wrote:Those lights look fab Kenti! Think I'll be getting some of those when my car arrives. :)

A quick and perhaps silly question for you... In the photos the lights next to the Xenon's don't seem to be on at all. What are they for, as I'm presuming that dipped and main beam Xenon is the same light? I'm getting Xenons too, which is why I'm interested in knowing.

Thanks mate,
James
Thanks, mate! If you're going to order from DX, do it now while waiting for the car. Delivery is 2-3 weeks, and then you're ready to mount them when the car arrives.

The lights next to the bi-xenons are the DRLs. If you put the light switch in auto those are automatically used during daytime. When the DRLs are used, the sidelights and xenons are not active. I never use the DRLs my self, I think the xenon + sidelight looks better.
whicher
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2 Zone Climate, Cruise Control, Paddleshift, Colour MFD, Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, Front Fogs, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Tinted Glass, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Fixed Price Servicing.

Post by whicher »

kenti wrote:
whicher wrote:Those lights look fab Kenti! Think I'll be getting some of those when my car arrives. :)

Thanks mate,
James
Thanks, mate! If you're going to order from DX, do it now while waiting for the car. Delivery is 2-3 weeks, and then you're ready to mount them when the car arrives.

The lights next to the bi-xenons are the DRLs. If you put the light switch in auto those are automatically used during daytime. When the DRLs are used, the sidelights and xenons are not active. I never use the DRLs my self, I think the xenon + sidelight looks better.
I think that I agree with you there... have you replaced the DRLs with LED's or different bulbs as well or have you left them as is? Think I need to get online and order the LED's now whilst I'm waiting... my car is in the boat!!
Ordered: 27th February 2011
VW Confirmed Build Week: 13
Built: 28th March 2011
Delivered to Dealer: 21st April 2011
Pickup: 30th April 2011

Time from order to delivery: 2months 3 days :D
kenti

Post by kenti »

No, I haven't replaced the DRLs yet. Haven't found the P21W 1156 bulbs that I need to change. And because I never use the DRLs I haven't bothered too much yet :)
When I'm finished with the few mods I have in line I'll probably change them as well. But do tell me if you find any!

The wait if finally over soon if the car is on the boat! :)
kenti

Post by kenti »

Today I fitted rest of the LEDs I had laying around here, or almost that is...

I managed to fit the puddle lights in the side mirrors, reading lights, the lights above the sun screens, and the footwell light on the drivers side (passenger side in GB). It was impossible to access the footwell light on the other side, as well as the glovebox and in the trunk. Does anyone have a clue how to do this without dismounting the whole dash??

Took a cell-pic with a nice shadow effect in front of the garage before I started the fitting :)

kenti

Post by kenti »

Ready to wash. Haven't tried the Grime Reaper before, but it's supposed to be very good. This is also my first encounter with Optimum No Rinse.

lokyt

Post by lokyt »

Ordered, just paid for a load of LEDs, lets just hope I can change them all without any fuss. Only ones I haven't ordered is a additional set for the puddles. Worried about damaging the glass. :rolleyes: