Tailgate noises

Everything about the R for potential owners.
wavodavo
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynoaudio
19" wheels
Black Leather

Tailgate noises

Post by wavodavo »

Hello, back again.
Has anyone had a problem with rattling/clunking tailgates? I get a clunk only going over certain bumps since the car had only done 400 miles, mainly on the N/S. Evertime I roadtest it with someone it doesn't do it. I've adjusted the stops but still slightly there.
Also I have now a metal sound coming from the boot struts area, only noticable when opening and closing souns like a spring in side them, (there was a topic about this but from 2009).
There was a metal clip come loose in the boot trim (factory fault) and the rear spoiler creaked. Now fixed, it was not bolted on square.
jammyd
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Bluetooth, Cruise Control... and a button in the roof which does not do anything! oh and I have just found I have TPMS which I did not order!

Tailgate noises

Post by jammyd »

I had something similar on my old roc. VW ended up replacing the rear shelf and adding some foam to the edges of the boot IIRC

2011 Rising Blue 170GT TDI DSG (its on my drive!)
2010 Candy White Roc Now Gone :(
2008 Meteor Grey TT TDI
2005 Deep Blue Golf GT TDI
The Cars before do not matter!
wavodavo
Options: Dynoaudio
19" wheels
Black Leather

Re: Tailgate noises

Post by wavodavo »

I also get when the car's been stood a light creak from the rear, like bodyroll noises.
Strat
Options: This and that.

Post by Strat »

Yes, mine's at the dealers get it dealt with... if i find out what it was ill report back!
Rolling Deep...
Strat
Options: This and that.

Post by Strat »

Strat wrote:Yes, mine's at the dealers get it dealt with... if i find out what it was ill report back!
Mini update, took my car to the dealer and they fixed the boot rattle/clunk. Replaced something, not sure what, but there was a note from VW about it.

:)
Rolling Deep...
Drewcam
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150

Post by Drewcam »

Thanks for the update Strat.

I'v noticed this creak a few times aswell and nice to know VW know about it. I will be telling them about this creak and the vibration from behind the dash whenever it needs to go in :yes: