B Pillar Tints

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
easybreeze
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors
Smokers Pack

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by easybreeze »

My stock date is the 30th of March... what date do you think the build proccess would start? :hyper: :hyper:
Arrived 23rd March '09 - Lovin' it
JaseW
With a: DSG box
Options: Vienna Leather, Nav, Parking, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Premium Sills & Mats, Alloy Pedals, GT Wheel Badge, Piano Inserts, de-badge, Full Milltek inc sports cat, Forge DV, Forge Twintercooler, Forge Uprated Pipes, H&R 35mm drop, RS-Tuning Custom map (286bhp)

Post by JaseW »

easybreeze wrote:My stock date is the 30th of March... what date do you think the build proccess would start? :hyper: :hyper:
When you say 'stock' date, what are you refering to? Is this the date the dealer has said the car will delivered for?

Until the car get's a build date, you can't say when it will arrive... sorry

That said, there should be plenty of stock cars in the system based on the spec in your profile, when did you order?
I luv Roc!
easybreeze
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

Hi,
I believe the stock date is when it is estimated to arrive at the dealers... I placed my order on the 3rd of December but I think it actually went through on the 8th of January :shake: (it's a company car through a leasing company and had troubles with authorisation).

I agreed it is pretty standard so I'm hoping it'll rush through :hyper:

I did see on the news about too many cars being built than they can sell... so where's mine? :hyper:
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

I contacted my dealer this morning, I have been given build week (week commencing 2nd March) with delivery at end of March. I thought that seemed pretty quick, but I guess they know.
ABN1C
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, DAB Radio, Smokers Pack, Piano Black Interior Trim, Fiscon Bluetooth, Covered Cup Holder, Metal Pedals

Post by ABN1C »

Just got an e-mail from the dealer saying that it's arrived in the country and will be with him early next week. I'll be fine for collecting on the 1st March then. :hyper:

I'd been told it was confirmed for build week 4 so it all seems to have gone according to plan.
sonnybhoy
Options: Truffle Leather Seats, Cruise Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Elec Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre sensor, Parking Sensors, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Scirocco Premium Mats - - Scirocco Door Sills, Metal DSG Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Scirocco Tax Disc Holder

Post by sonnybhoy »

Apoke to the dealer on Thursday, and theres now a confirmed build date on the system of Week 11. So delivery at the start of April hopefully. The fingers etc remain crossed!!!!! :rolleyes:
BLACK 2.0 TSi DSG, Truffle Leather, Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav with Dynaudio upgrade, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Electrically folding door mirrors, Flat Tyre Sensor,
dpaine

Post by dpaine »

i initially had an estimated build week of week 13, but went in today to change my order from rising blue to sumatra with truffle leather and was told that my estimated build week is now week 12 :) i'm not holding my breath though as it will more than likely be put back! Our sales lady also told us that the dealership had heard nothing on the apparent closure of the factory for 16days which was interesting!
CandyRoc
Options: Sunroof, bluetooth, truffle leather, dynaudio, parking sensors, cruise control, mats

Post by CandyRoc »

Well after a week of trying (credit crunch, what credit crunch) I finally got hold of the dealer today and as I suspected it was bad news. I was told week 9 back in November when I ordered the car, the dealer said he deals with so many people that he cannot recall what he tells them all but anyway it is now week 12-14 and not to worry. I asked why, he said he does not know. I suggest that he finds out, he says no one can tell him why and that they are not a in position to put pressure on VW for delivery time. I suggest to him that there are problems with sun roof supplies, he says he had not heard of any but that he ordered a car similarly spec'd to mine but without the sun roof and that had turned up within 8 weeks. I suggest that he check my delivery date again as VW had announced that the plant will be shutting down for 16 days this quarter, he said that is news to him but unlikely to affect my delivery date. I suggest that he checks when my delivery date was confirmed as the shut downs had only just been announced and if he didn't know how does he know it will not affect the delivery date?

Is it me being old fashioned and believing a large sum of cash should entitle you to a little bit of customer service or does VW not give a damn, reading some of the threads elsewhere on this site and Scirocco Central I am beginning to think the latter is the case. :x

:grumpy:
coanda
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Pano Roof
Dynaudio
Truffle Leather
MDI
Folding Mirrors
Parking Sensors

Post by coanda »

Hmm had a call a couple of weeks ago to say that mine might be built in mid March and might be delivered in mid April. I'm fast loosing patience, considering that I don't need a car and the money could be spent on other things. It's a shame. Renault was the same. I believe that, for many manufacturers, customers are taken for granted. This is the sort of time that the consumer takes back the initiative.
yago__

Post by yago__ »

Hello I am a Spanish boy. In Spain, the commercial that sold me the scirocco said that car cames in 3 months but I am reading your forum and I have doubts.
i Buyed the 1.4 with DSG 160cv whit xenon and premium package.
There are any problem in Portugal with the production?
A greeting and thanks :shrug:
easybreeze
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

My delivery date is now back 4 days :faint: oh well, could be worse :rolleyes:
ABN1C
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Leather, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, DAB Radio, Smokers Pack, Piano Black Interior Trim, Fiscon Bluetooth, Covered Cup Holder, Metal Pedals

Post by ABN1C »

Got an e-mail saying my car has arrived at the dealers and letting me know my reg number, so as long as I can safely get to the dealers at the start of March there shouldn't be a delay.
hell-boy
In: Sumatra
Options: Pano.roof, Xenon, Folding mirrors, Alcantara/cloth, ACC, Cruise, Flat tyre indicator, Winterpack, Smokerspack, Pedels.

Post by hell-boy »

There is some movement !

I just got a confirmed buildingdate of week 8 :hyper:
(Estimated buildingdate was week 52)
Ordered mine in the first week of November.
greeper
In: Rising Blue
Options: DVD Satellite Navigation, Leather (black), Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack, Folding Mirrors, Premium sills, Boot liner, Alloy pedals, Parrot 3200LS

Post by greeper »

My build week is 7 and the dealer thinks it will be with me around March the 9th. :clap:
Kev
Administrator
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

With interest rates set to drop again today (apparently) I might do some maths tonight and see if it's worth getting the car here earlier than April. As long as it's after March 1st and has an 09 plate I'll be happy. I'll only miss out on about £30 interest on my ISA savings but I'd get that back on my trade in. Just need to see how close I am on the numbers.
Atlantis
Options: Truffle Leather, Panoramic Sunroof, DAB, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Cruise Control, Tyre Pressure Indicator, Smoking Pack

Post by Atlantis »

Mine is supposedly being built tomorrow and should be at the dealers by 16th March at the latest (but hopefully a week or so before)
polts23
In: Salsa Red
Options: Parking sensors, DAB, Elec Folding mirrors, Cruise, Flat Tyre indicator, Premium Sills, Alu Pedals & GT Steering badge

Post by polts23 »

Had been told week 10 build, but took a call from the dealer yesterday saying that it's being built next week :yes:
Should be here mid march with a little luck
klippie
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Leather, Panny roof, Cruise, Parking sensors, Winter pack, Metal pedals, GT steering wheel badge, Mudflaps, Rubber mats and boot liner. Stainless tailpipes.

Post by klippie »

I ordered my car last weekend and spoke to the dealer this morining about the build date, week 15 he said with delivery expected sometime in May, just in time for the good weather... :clap:
steve
In: Sumatra
Options: panoramic sunroof, truffle leather, winter pack, dynaudio soundpack, parking and tyre sensors, cruise control, carpet mats

Post by steve »

I was told my car would be ready in January and it's been put back a couple of times now.

Apparently the build week is now confirmed for week 8 - the dealer reckons I'll get delivery for end of March.

Look on the bright side - it'll be an 09 plate! :D
sonnybhoy
Options: Truffle Leather Seats, Cruise Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Elec Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre sensor, Parking Sensors, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Scirocco Premium Mats - - Scirocco Door Sills, Metal DSG Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Scirocco Tax Disc Holder

Post by sonnybhoy »

Starting to worry that we're all being told Build Week 8/9 as a stock answer! Anyway, not being at all pesimistic - I will have it by the start of April, I will I tell you!

Still slighty pissed off about the delays, don't know whether to get arsey and demand something more (Didnt get the Autoglym thrown in with the deal as I have a bloke who will do it for half the price and i am still to order the sills and pedals that I want) so dont know whether to push the "Compensation for the delays argument".

Its interesting to read the comments about the phone survey and how much they mean to the dealers - Any opinions about when would be a good time to bring up this discussion?

:?
BLACK 2.0 TSi DSG, Truffle Leather, Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav with Dynaudio upgrade, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Electrically folding door mirrors, Flat Tyre Sensor,