What to do next?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
raffoul232
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

What to do next?

Post by raffoul232 »

Well, ill get straight to the point, i am not happy with my rocco anymore. So im not sure what my next step should be . This ordeal of me not being happy started a while back since summer of 2010. Basically the first issue that occured was that the car wouldn't turn nor left nor right (ie as i truned the sterring wheel the wheels would just crack) and everything on the dash board was on. Sent it to the dealer they fixed it up, and the answear to this was "some wires warnt well conected and due to the crappy roads they got loose no biggy." It botherd me a bit at first but they assured me that its all good and nothing else would happen. 2 months later, out of the blue the tyre pressure turned "on" on the dashboard stoped the car nothing was wrong turns out the sensor was and i quote "being too sensitive". Another thing that i incountered was that the dsg wasnt being really responsive ie as i would tap the shifts on the steering wheel + or - it wouldnt move. For example if im on 3rd id tap the paddle shift it would stay on 3rd then tap it again it would go to fourth. Also, sometimes i would be driving stop the car to fill up with gas so i turn off the car, turn it back on the temperture goes up to 95/100. The last straw occured 1 week ago. Was driving on 4th gear going 80 km/h decided to go faster so droped it down to 3rd gear, and out of the blue, i felt the car shaking and doing weird noises in the gearbox and exhaust, and surprise surprise epc turns on. No idea what that was so i drove directly to the dealer and the car wouldnt go above 40km/h. Kept it there for 2 days and they called me to pick up. Turns out they changed the ignition coil and they said " we updated the softwear of the gearbox (dsg)". They again told me its no biggy, but i read yesterday that some sciroccos were recalled because of some dsg issues (2009) and needed a softwear update, so im pretty worried now. Again, today coming back home from uni the tyre pressure came back on, altho i didnt go into any holes what so ever. Its becoming a realle pain to own this car, that is why all my mods are on hold for now. Dont get me wrong the scirocco is one of the best looking cars inside and out but sadly it doesnt perform the way it should.
So if you were in my shoes what would you do? I actually thought of getting a golf r (sadly the scirocco r isnt allowed in my country :grumpy: ) Plz i need some advice, should i sell it or not? I am really confused. Also, has any of this ever happened to anyone else? (sorry for spelling mistakes just pist, and thanks for any advice :yes: )
ALL MODS ON HOLD
maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Re: What to do next?

Post by maisbitt »

If you're having all these problems and you think the reliability is crap, why go for a Golf? They share most of the components that aren't related to interior trim or bodywork. You're just as likely to have the same issues with a Golf as a Scirocco, unless you think that a German or Belgian would assemble a Golf better than a Portuguese would assemble a Scirocco.

You've either been really unlucky to have all of those issues, or you thrash the car, or your roads really are terrible (which country is this?).

Your steering issues could be related to really poor road surface and pothole impacts, potentially not a manufacturing fault.

Your paddleshift issue could be technique if you really do just "tap" them, if the car cannot recognise it as a proper "pull". Potentially not a manufacturing fault.

Temperature issues: If you've driven the car hard and then stop for fuel, the temperature of the engine may well rise as that residual heat isn't soaked up by the radiator as efficiently when the car is static with the fans on. Potentially not a manufacturing fault.

Other DSG issues: DSG is sometimes an issue which others have seen, fixed with a software update. Any other DSG VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda could get same fault.

Ignition coils are potentially defective on all current TSIs, it's a known issue. Any other TSI VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda could get same fault.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
ChrisCSL
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, RNS 510, ipod, bluetooth, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, panoramic roof, 19" Talledaga's

Post by ChrisCSL »

Really sorry to hear that. You've got some nice mods planned, your car can be fixed though. Is it still under warranty? Remember no car is perfect!
Golf R's are nice. Maybe a manual next time though?
raffoul232
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

maisbitt wrote:If you're having all these problems and you think the reliability is crap, why go for a Golf? They share most of the components that aren't related to interior trim or bodywork. You're just as likely to have the same issues with a Golf as a Scirocco, unless you think that a German or Belgian would assemble a Golf better than a Portuguese would assemble a Scirocco.

You've either been really unlucky to have all of those issues, or you thrash the car, or your roads really are terrible (which country is this?).

Your steering issues could be related to really poor road surface and pothole impacts, potentially not a manufacturing fault.

Your paddleshift issue could be technique if you really do just "tap" them, if the car cannot recognise it as a proper "pull". Potentially not a manufacturing fault.

Temperature issues: If you've driven the car hard and then stop for fuel, the temperature of the engine may well rise as that residual heat isn't soaked up by the radiator as efficiently when the car is static with the fans on. Potentially not a manufacturing fault.

Other DSG issues: DSG is sometimes an issue which others have seen, fixed with a software update. Any other DSG VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda could get same fault.

Ignition coils are potentially defective on all current TSIs, it's a known issue. Any other TSI VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda could get same fault.
Thanks for the reply.
First off, im still not sure what to go for tbh. I paid $54k for my rocco when it first came out here in Lebanon, which is pretty expensive. My friend went for a audi a4 1.8t and caust him 65k. Trust me i did check every brand possible and vw seemed to be the most reasonable but still expensive. I was given a price tag for the golf r: 60k (starting). I configured it with the stuff i want got a price tag of 67k and thats without insurance nor registration :eyepop: (for a vw thats expensive). (off topic: What is even weirder is that a porsche cayman causts 80k which is reasonable i mean its 10 k more expensive than the golf r and your taking a porsche, but i told my dad i didnt want it cause im only 20 and its not made for my age, maybe when im older tho). I did ask about the rocco r, but they arnt sure if they'll bring it or not. I do prefer the rocco but im still not sure on what to do. The sub dealer told me he can order me the rocco r from germany brand new with all the options and hell talk with the actuall delearship etc to work everything out which sounds good and well isnt as expensive as a golf. Ill keep you all posted tho, and again thanks for the thorough reply.
ChrisCSL wrote:Really sorry to hear that. You've got some nice mods planned, your car can be fixed though. Is it still under warranty? Remember no car is perfect!
Golf R's are nice. Maybe a manual next time though?
As you can see the answear i gave to maisbitt, im still looking around for the right car but it will be a vw by the end of the day.
ALL MODS ON HOLD
albertz33
In: Viper Green
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Post by albertz33 »

You bought a lemon,..get another Scirocco!

P.S. the tyre pressure monitor will go off if your tyres are properly set up and then the system' reset' rtfm.
skyblues11
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: cruise control, front foglight, Multi.f.steering wheel,
tyre indicator

Post by skyblues11 »

bad luck does happen these days. remember those ferraris on fire? And Toyotas in the USA?....

there is no car that is bomb prove these days. Maybe that Merc from the 80s,or non-european made Hondas from the 90s.

ah! that toyota pick up as well, used by rebels all over the world.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maisbitt
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

If you do believe that a German built VW is better put together than a Portuguese one then maybe a Scirocco R is the way to go. These are pretty much made in Germany after the bodyshell has been painted at the Portuguese plant (maybe transport is part of the reason they cost so much?)
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

maisbitt wrote:If you do believe that a German built VW is better put together than a Portuguese one then maybe a Scirocco R is the way to go. These are pretty much made in Germany after the bodyshell has been painted at the Portuguese plant (maybe transport is part of the reason they cost so much?)
SInce when???????? All are made in Portugal and delivered from there fully assembled.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
arkaig
Options: Sunroof, Cruise Control, Winter Pack, Parking Sensors, Folding Door Mirrors, Smoker Pack, Flat Tyre Indicator, Exterior Badge Deletion, Premium Protection pack

Post by arkaig »

raffoul232 wrote: im still looking around for the right car but it will be a vw by the end of the day.
Until your driving style improves, maybe you should consider a Fox or an Up! :tempted:
raffoul232
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

arkaig wrote:
raffoul232 wrote: im still looking around for the right car but it will be a vw by the end of the day.
Until your driving style improves, maybe you should consider a Fox or an Up! :tempted:
What's that suppose to mean :lol: I know that the passat ccv6 is a def no, so will be settling between a golf r or scirocco r :shrug:
ALL MODS ON HOLD
raffoul232
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Re: What to do next? (update)

Post by raffoul232 »

Finally went to the dealer and all sorts of news.
-First off the scirocco r might arrive between 4 to 7 months :shrug:
-Second, golf r starting price (standar: 18", cloth, rcd 510, dual zone ac) 60000$. I picked some options and the price shot up to 71k which is alot for "the peoples car". ( i dont find it as attractive as the gti or scirocco r or gt) Oh forgot to mention since were in the middle east all r models are brought down to 260/250 bhp (golf r and scirocco r). I asked why and they told me the engines arnt made to handle the heat in the country :grumpy:
-Third, think i made my choice which is reasonable. Decided to go for a gti. Standar gti causts 45k with rcd310, dual zone ac, 17" mfsw with colored mfd as stadard. I added the following: black leather, auto seats, sunroof, 18", rcd510 with dynaudio, premium bluetooth, mirror pack, xenone with front and rear leds, acc, mdi, tyre pressure, park assist (includes park distance control & rear view camera), and lastly 65% tints. Now i got a scary price tag of 56k$. This is where i am stuck and gets me to my final point.
-Forth and last, 56k is kind of alot for a gti. Dealer told me the scirocco r will caust me starting 56/58k with cloth, rcd 510 and dual zone as stadard and brought down from 265 hp to 250 hp :no: or should i get a gti fully loaded and then remap it at revo for only 400$ and would be as fast (both ar front wheel drive so its the same for me there)?
PS. all new models come with colored mfd as stadard now, well atleast here it does, which is cool, really looks much nicer than the red (which i have) or white mfd :yes:
ALL MODS ON HOLD
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

Oh decisions decisions :)
raffoul232
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

Chungster wrote:Oh decisions decisions :)
I know im going bonkers on which one to go for :? any ideas/advice
ALL MODS ON HOLD